ES Snipers. My predictions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by allattar, Jan 29, 2014.

1. allattar

Here are my predictions of what well see in new ES snipers.

NC-
    They'll get a massive rifle with the fastest bullet velocity and a big blob of damage to infantry. It will be an anti armour rifle type affair. Three shots to kill a max. But it will have only one round in the clip and take a while to reload.
    The NC will complain that it is too slow at killing infantry and your better off with a normal bolt action. Of course outfits will set up a nest of snipers and will go round instagibbing maxes.
    Other infils will figure out that one shot with this rifle and a stab of a knife is a quick kill and will run round using it like a ghetto shotgun. NC will complain the TR rifle is better.

TR-
    They'll get a two round clip long range sniper. Both shots can be fired in quick succession. Of course they'll do less damage than a bolt action and wont one shot kill on headshots at any range. The benefit is that non nanoweave players can be killed in two bodyshots.
    The TR will complain about it being UP because it doesnt kill on headshots. Despite being a very userfriendy sniper with a very forgiving cone of fire and the ability to fire two shots in quick succession for a kill. New snipers will love it, but most will just complain that it isnt as good as the bolt action, or the NC rife.

VS-
    VS get a charge up rifle, that can fire six low power shots in quick succession or hold and charge to fire one big uber shot. The higher the charge the higher the power. The final charge cannot be held and will fire instant it reaches max. It will have a projectile velocity of 80 meters per second making it slower than a phoenix. BUT it will have no bullet drop. Each shot will also kick like buckaroo sending the sights and cof everywhere. Each charge increases damage and gives a small explosive damage on the shot. Potential to do most damage and damage nearby infantry. Shots will instagib on full charge.
    NC and TR will complain this thing is op because of one shot kills anywhere and explosive damage, Worst of all no bullet drop. Despite the shots crawling across the landscape slower than a hedgehog crawling through the udergrowth. VS will just not use the thing because of being impossible to use. With the exception of one outfit that will set up on mount epic south of crossroads and then proceed to spam slow orbs of doom at crossroads. After that moment the gun will never be used again, and it will get a massive nerf plus bullet drop from a the complaints.
    • Up x 8
  2. Darkelfdruid_LOL

VS charge up mechanism.

Pls...pls no more.
    • Up x 2
  3. Phyr

Pretty sure all bolt actions can do 1shot+knife for a kill. If it damages armor it needs to do enough damage to be worth using, otherwise people wont use it for that, and I doubt the devs would make it worth using, since it would be a ghetto lancer with better infantry damage.

A 600~ bolt action that can double tap would be useful, but boring, and would be whined about for being OP.

The VS one sounds like garbage, and would only be useful for trolling, like trying to snipe with a beamer.
  4. Idiocy

It'll be completely useless snipers with absolutely no purpose or niche to fill.

SOE is making another sniper just to pretend they're doing something useful. They're really not.
  5. HadesR

Faction bias alive and kicking in 2014 :p
    • Up x 23
  6. Shinrah

Kinda. I mean we got a whole plethora of snipers. We got .50cal´s on one side and full auto scout snipers on the other end, plus everything in between.
    ES snipers aren´t needed and it will just upset the balance one way or another again, because 1 empire is bound to receive something that will be OP until they break it completely again.
    Also if they dare introduce yet another ****** up charge mechanic using weapon I´ll cancel my membership. I´m tired of getting this garbage that is balanced around "no drop, high velocity" but doesn´t pack remotely the same punch as existing weapons that don´t need to be charged for 3 seconds just to shoot a cotton ball.
    • Up x 2
  7. allattar

Well someone appreciates the irony I put into the post... Of course us VS wont complain. Much!
    • Up x 1
  8. Prudentia

No VS/TR/NC will use the new snipers
    except those who whine that the stuff the other factions have is OP. they'll run around with their alts and create the whine from those who think the the stuff the other factions have is OP.
  9. Being@RT

More stuff is better!

Like.. more camo schemes, even though they're all indistinguishable from each other from ranges beyond 5m.

More guns, even though there's no useful niches left to fill.

More decals!

More reduction in texture quality so more players can play!

More... money!

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  10. Lolki

One of them will be hilariously overpowered and will be nerfed to uselessness after a couple days.
    One of them will be slightly overpowered and will be nerfed to uselessness after a few months.
    One of them will be trash and will be slightly buffed after a few months but remain trash.
    • Up x 3
  11. Konfuzfanten

Nope, its going to be like this:
    - TR will get a fast firing multi shot bolt action sniper rifle.
    - NC will get a slow firing one-shot-kill anti-tank sniper rifle.
    - Vanu will get a charge up sniper rifle, with a massive bullet drop and you need 2 full charges to the head to kill

Then the devs will talk about how OP the vanu sniper rifle is if you have 10 guys using at the same time.
    • Up x 3
  12. NinjaTurtle

So according to the Roadmap post the NC rifle will have "the highest damage in it's class"

Now my concern here is that for it to be a worthwhile upgrade/side grade over the Longshot it will have to be able to OHK to the chest which will be insanely OP. The Longshot already OHK to the head so that is no good and 2 shot kills to the body so a rifle that does the same will be irrelevant

The only thing that could make it a useful addition is armor piercing that does more damage to MAX's and small damage to vehicles, again it can't be too much damage otherwise you are going to have crying that you have a bunch of snipers wrecking vehicles from 500+m away but it would need to be a reasonable enough of an amount that it is even worth consideration for that purpose.

Basically long story short I think sniper rifles are too limited with what they can be allowed to do and not be OP and their purpose is very specific
  13. blampoet

+1 "ghetto shotgun" :D

next time you see higby NOT post anything here... these threads are the reason why. :confused:
    how about we WAIT and SEE what actually comes out? and then whine and moan? o_O

p.s- I wonder how many of you were in the group that screamed bloody murder about "moar content NOWZ"
    p.s2- I think this will be an anti-material sniper rifles (anti-MAX?) infils lack the ability to damage vehicles (you heard it from me first :p )
  14. DukeFlash

What if they made a sniper rifle with selectable zoom optics, meaning you can mouse wheel for different magnifications.
    You'd still have to unlock each option with certs but they'd be passively added once certed.

( It's crazy talk, I know! )
    although it sounds too useful to be faction-specific.
  15. blampoet

grenade launcher (maybe with new grenade types? -see below)
    anti material sniper riles (my bet on what the FSSR will be)
    vehicle disabling weapons (EMP)
    none lethal weapons (think similar to the freeze ray, but with an actual use.. like a gluegun, or teargas)
    3rd engineer turret (AAA)
    4th engineer turret (cover)

you sir, lack imagination.
    • Up x 1
  16. allattar

Exactly Blam. If infils need new equipment they need equipment to help them infiltrate.
    I was wondering what non lethal equipment would have a place in a game where you want to kill your enemy.

In terms of infiltration though you want to distract or confuse to get past, or just simply not be observed. The sensor shield implant for one was a great infil tool in 1.

I know there is a decoy grenade but never used it. We could have similar items. How about a shimmer hologram. To get your enemy chasing the wrong shadows.

A concussion effect gun would be too powerful though for an infil, especially if you think smgs for them are a problem. Concuss and stab repeat and rinse... eurgh.

A sensor disruption device would be nice though. It swaps the colour of freindly and enemy dots on radar.
  17. IamDH

VS need a continuous laser beam. It shall be given the heat up mechanic

The more heated it is, the more damage it will do. Rather worried about the FPS tho. It should also have some sort of limiting factor (maybe ammo?) to prevent you just laser-ing till eternity
  18. Aegie

Yet here is a complaint thread before the items are even released, fancy that.
  19. allattar

Well if you dont appreciate Irony or sarcasm, then at consider this as getting in before the rush.
  20. Aegie

Ah, I see, my bad- thread is much more humorous now.

My apologies, with all the threads like this that are serious it is hard to tell sometimes.;)