WOW. What's up with Connery TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldBess, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Killuminati C

I never get these "I get TK'd consistently on Connery" threads. I have an alt on all three factions and I seldom get TK'd. Less than one per play session honestly but that might have something to do with the fact that I'll let myself be shot before putting rounds into a friendly.

I did kill a friendly TR engi the other day while he was behind a mana turret. From full health to 0. His helmet was the one that looks like it should have been released for the VS and he had a camo on that works for all empires. In my defense his mana AI turret shield wasn't rendering (it was post patch and we all know how that went). I apologized in game and we both had a laugh but I still feel bad about that one :(.

And I play whichever faction is low pop which lately has been TR so if you want to whine about me as a fourth factioner at least I'm doing it for the right reasons.
  2. Gav7x

Im gonna tell you the truth, connery is a very ******* weird server. enough said
  3. Halon

Connery: Where the good players get better and the bad ones get worse.

I haven't had an issue with getting my vehicle tk'd so I'm not sure whats going on there.

AV turrets are in the game, to the detriment of vehicle play. If you don't want to get shot by pixels with unlimited laser guided missiles, you have my sympathy.
  4. Badname707

I have a VS on Connery. While I don't think I'm getting intentionally TK'd, I do get TK'd more often than on my Waterson toon, and I'll never get revived afterwards either. Hell, I never get revived 90% of the time. Maybe it's because I play later at night, but Connery seems to be the pugliest of the North American servers. Don't much enjoy my time there, unless I'm in a scythe.
  5. Earthman

The only thing Connery players seem to have a tendency for, more than the stuff you mentioned, is their habit of white-knighting for their server on the forums.

As you're seen already.
  6. Church41349

I think you are playing TR on a different Connery then me cause I've never had any of those issues.....
  7. Bevet

Yep, hit that right on the nose.
  8. ovakin

I've only played as TR on Connery for about 8 hours but I feel like they are quite campy, they have 48+ at Indar Ex, Quartz Ridge all day and when its time to attack so many people sit in vehicles or sniping.
    However I never got turned down when I asked for ammo, healing or rez.
  9. Tonberry76

today on
    connery -.-

[IMG]

[IMG]

what i hate most of PS2 NC have the tanks we dont so is just w8 til the timer is done

but is the same if we have tons of tanks and the enemy dont have any
    this is mostly how fights are pretty boring in my few

i more like to see man vs man and not ubber fire power vs nothing
  10. Bevet

11. Kazet

I tried Connery TR and I had the same experience, I deleted a level 28 alt there. I can sympathize with your plight.

It seems when there was tank battles every time NC would have mana turrets strategically set up all around. Then when you got in a tank fight it was never fair. It was you fighting another tank and get ambushed by 2-3 mana turrets from beyond visual range. It made me mad I always lost because of mana turrets and I would have won otherwise.

Literally every fight it seemed they had an upper hand with turrets ambushing me when I was fighting another tank or lightning. I never saw my side (TR) ambush them or help me. So I got frustrated.

That was my TR experience. Oddly It doesn't happen like this on Mattherson maybe I am lucky there. :)

I actually give props to NC Connery I guess for effective use of mana turrets. I never noticed or was helped in a heads up battle with friendly turrets so maybe NC likes turrets more than TR.