Top VS outfits and why all VS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmegForBrains2, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Luighseach

Well not all "MLG"(I prefer the term competitive) outfits are VS. However they are the more notable ones at the moment. I mean DA, FCRW, and ZAPS are the most well known but their is still NUC and TIW on Waterson INI over on the EU and of course the EXOC(which from what I know is just DA's TR) and some other outfits out there that are still fighting hard.

I mean on Waterson alone you have some outfits taking part in the PAL that most wouldn't know. HSTL, DERP, 7oV, and F4RM(haven't really ever seen Sinist and his group work together but we will see) which are all from Waterson that seem to being starting or doing Competitive Planetside. I haven't fought DERP, 7oV, or F4RM enough to know how they will preform on a 12v12 stage but I do know at least a couple in each outfit that can shoot.

Also HSTL is a lot better than people give them credit for. I've played with some of them and know what kind of shooters they are. They can bring down one of the big boys if they are taken lightly. Even if they are not taken lightly they could still bring down a one of the top teams. The problem right now is that most of the smaller or lesser known outfits haven't had or were not ready for the chance to make their name.

After the PAL and to a lesser extent CC I beleive we will be seeing a lot more than just the VS outfits named here come out with a reputation(Good or Bad).

Now that the Competitive scene has actually become a thing(albeit small and at an infant stage) we will have room for these smaller or unknown outfits to start making a name for themselves.
  2. Spartan 117

You sir, win post of the week. In all seriousness though, Orion is the best LMG in the game bar none. Moderate damage, insane rate of fire & accuracy...yeah. Its one of the few weapons I lose to these days in a gun fight & I just roll my eyes when I see it on the death screen.
    • Up x 2
  3. Badname1652

Please, try dueling lythca and co first, then talk. For god's sake DA's stat page rank him at 1 in 10,000 players, and rightly so. Though 1 man doesn't make an outfit, there are other standouts, especially ESF pilots like Datablue and Umbrellapower. As Connery VS, I find it my job to try to **** up 00 as much as possible. I want evidence that you don't just blow and hate 00 for it
  4. Badname1652

Have you heard of ps2 pickup? A lot of individuals from top outfits use that to schedule scrims/duels regardless of time zone. FCRW v INI. Scrim is an example of that
  5. Rigs

Evidence? How about evidence you dont ^*&^ ride
  6. Mastermind

Man, the orion ain't even all that. Can't wait to aurax it so i can move on from it. Heavy is just such an EASY class to play
    • Up x 2
  7. Czuuk

They use some math and some weighting that heavily favors infantry over vehicle kills.
  8. Ender

I can only help but read that as condescending, if not then my apologies for bringing it up.

He's talking about outfit sorting and how it works, which has absolutely nothing to do with infantry stats. Please at least understand the context before coming up with witty comments.
  9. Czuuk

Sorry, wasn't meant to be. Figured that's what made the outfit scoring different.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ender

Nah, outfit scores default to an avg xp / member, but shaves off outlier data. For example, an outfit has 400 members that are mostly around BR50 but they've recently let in 10 br1's. Most of those BR 1's would not count towards the overall outfit avg. The same is true on the flip side though for BR100's, depending on where the outfit's average BR is.
    • Up x 1
  11. AuxiMoron

I auraxiumed the Orion over the course of about three days and I think about 75% of my kills with it were headshots. You're just too used to it and perhaps bored of it because you main VS, but it really is the god gun of PS2. Virtually no recoil, hipfire is insane, you can move like you're holding an SMG, 750 RPM + 143dmg, short reload, iron and 1x sights are crazy good, best LMG in CQC and at medium range; just way too good a weapon, especially for a default for the game's most played and easiest class. Trust me, as a Vanu heavy you need no other gun unless you like shooting at people from 50m+ away.
  12. IPLAYTF2

lets see they have some of the best infantry guns. best red dot sight .75 ads and lower recoil

op faction
  13. Badname1652

1. Gimme player stats NAO. DA stats, not the PS2 Players padded ********.
    2. I don't have time for your ****, but I do, but only however much I want to put in.
    3. You seem to have a bad case of ******ism.
    4. I seem to be Vanu Jesus. Vanu Jesus holding an SVA-88
  14. Genserik

PotP is getting good on Waterson, there are some other great niche outfits hiding on Waterson as well that don't get any attention. Mergers people. Merge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have an outfit of people that you can run an active squad with? Join with another outfit, stay in your same squad but become a force to be reckoned with!
  15. Rangoran

unfortunately people are right most comp outfits are vanu due to balancing for the orion vs54. 1 of 3 1788 guns in the game with better recoil stats than the bull and msw-r in addition to a 0.5 ads modifier. also vanu got a over population of high skill players due to the 6th month zoe problem letting vanu teams grow faster than other factions.

i would say the most devolved teams for teamwork are tr though with nuc, ini
  16. vsae

HA 0.75 ads master race. Thats why
  17. Hatesphere

that's funny, because I feel the same way about the t-9carv in most situations.
  18. treeHamster

You seem to think MLG players are good for this game...

Most MLG people are CoD/BF/Halo lonewolf's that might play with 3 or 4 friends but refuse to listen to other people, much less mess up their KDR as though its some kind of measure of skill and self worth in this game.

You wanna know what it's like playing with a server full of MLG outfits? Come play on Mattherson. You will see that the players can do those 360 no scope headshots out the wazoo but when it comes to something as simple as destroying the ONE ESF sitting outside the spawn room farming everyone, you'd find more help from just exiting the game.
  19. Shanther

Easier said then done when it comes to Waterson VS.

There is basically VDRS + all the other zerg that gets lumped in with them. A few smaller outfits who never work together. Then there is ZAPS, I love em, but they don't play well with others.
  20. Lewk

Yea, those Recursion players are bad!:rolleyes: