Server Downtime for Patch January 9, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 8, 2014.

1. f0d

luperza
    instead of the standard rotation where the TR are on the left of the VS and NC are always on the right how about we swap just 2 warpgates so we can fight a different faction in different areas?
    like this
    ---VS---
    -//-----\\-
    TR---NC

or

---TR---
    -//-----\\-
    NC---VS

or

---NC---
    -//-----\\-
    VS---TR

there was a thread around listing how long each faction has had the north warpgate in total time and TR has had it close to the same amount of time as VS
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...on-a-brief-history.155316/page-3#post-2351880
    and since that was done in december i guess TR have had it the longest

NC have barely had the north warpgate
    • Up x 7
  2. Styrkr

*Ahem*.... most fun.

It's on a scale because of the overall size of the continent.
  3. trit0Ch

The NC had the north warpgate the lowest cause it doesn't sit well with their tanks. Their tanks are slow and in that open field, they are canon fodder. TR who has the fastest tank benefits from that (and surprise surprise they don't use it that well-- atleast on Connery).

TR warpgating VS at that north warpgate before now we'll be warpgating the NC.. So much fun. Yehey! I'm glad though cause I hated that northern warpgate. It is a logistical nightmare to fight anywhere near there.
  4. Tragachinos

I wonder how long will it take to fix flashlight + vanguard bug. Also, that controversial vanu scum on Ceres will be playing NC for a while. As much as I hate TR, their population doesnt fluctuate as much as VS pop do depending on the warpgate position/who is winning the alert. So yeah, all props for Ceres TR, they will do fine with whatever warpgate they will have.
  5. Pikachu

Wait a minute. Does this mean we NC get south warpgate on Esamir again? We had it before our current western one. :eek: Sure its great for us but the others might hate it.

Glad to see no notes about fixing the continent skybox and lighting bug. I hope it becomes a feature. :rolleyes: Or maybe you fixed it but didnt mention it. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  6. DeadliestMoon

So you want Warpgates to rotate clockwise instead of counter clockwise?
  7. f0d

no - as i said rotate JUST 2 warpgates so we can have different battles to what we have had in the last year and a bit
    usually TR are on the left and NC are on the right of VS but if you swap just 2 warpgates then it will completely change the rotation and we will have different battles

we have never had this setup ever

---VS---
    -//-----\\-
    TR---NC

or

---TR---
    -//-----\\-
    NC---VS

or

---NC---
    -//-----\\-
    VS---TR

its usually like this

---VS---
    -//-----\\-
    NC---TR

or

---TR---
    -//-----\\-
    VS---NC

or

---NC---
    -//-----\\-
    TR---VS

you must be able to see the difference yes?
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadliestMoon

Well when you put it side by side like that, yes. But I don't see the point of this.
  9. Camycamera

yay, server patches always make me excite :cool:
    • Up x 1
  10. f0d

the point is to have a little more variety and make different fights
    id like to have a battle with TR over crossroads where VS is on the left and TR is on the right
    id like to be able to attack NC to the north from the left warpgate and not always fight the TR
    id like to be able to attack the right warpgate when VS is up north and it not always be the fighting the TR over rashnu

its always the same battles from the same direction against the same factions - changing it how i said JUST ONCE will introduce a new rotation and will put a little more variety into the battles

it wouldnt be hard for them to do and it will give us more variety - what is there NOT to like about this?
    • Up x 8
  11. AlephZed

Next rotation after this one should swap VS and TR leave NC in northern warpgate.
    • Up x 3
  12. f0d

agreed
    NC have barely had the north warpgate and doing so will give us more variety
    • Up x 1
  13. St0mpy

This is a really good idea, do this for one rotation then back to normal (but not normal) and itll continue to rotate out of step and freshen up the engagements, especially for the vets.
    • Up x 2
  14. Autoaim

The warpgate rotation this soon proves 1 point. 75% of the dev's are vanu loving, spandex wearing bullet hogs. Bring it on with your rotation TR are ready.
  15. MaCritz

Eh? No fix for the NS7 PDW??
    • Up x 1
  16. LUCAGRABACR

OMG NEW HELMETS! <3 I hope there's a decent one for NC, since they only got 1 helmet instead of 3 like the other factions on the last depot helmet wave.
  17. St0mpy

I just wish theyd find a way to automate gate changes so we all get a fair time and theres none of this complaining or comparing history.
    • Up x 1
  18. f0d

i cant believe i missed your post and had exactly the same idea :)

anyways i totally agree - i have been asking for just 2 warpgates to be rotated for a while now
    • Up x 2
  19. ShureShot

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/warpgate-rotation-a-brief-history.155316/
    • Up x 3
  20. Longshotrider

Still no fix for the NS-7 PDW? The reload is broken from "cassette player" to "average VS weapon."
    • Up x 2