Your three cheesiest things about PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FROG55JON, Jan 5, 2014.

1. FROG55JON

Sniping from any range instantly reveals your location to the enemy forces, however a heavy assault firing five incandescent red lock on rockets remains unspotted. Cheeseo_O

Engineers using their anti-vehicle turrets to hit targets that have no possibility of defending themselves by firing back. Cheeseo_O

Lock-on missiles defying the laws of physics, yes I know this is just a game , but we should expect some continuity between the physics players are subjected to in vehicles and on the ground, to also apply to the weaponry.
    For instance, I was locked on today flew instantly behind the hill and still somehow managed to be hit. In my mind I could imagine the missile trajectory and what I needed to do to avoid it using terrain however through the power of cheese I'm rarely able to put this off.
    Yes I've heard the argument “we're not in battlefield 1942 we are in the future weapons can do all sorts of crazy ****.” Okay fair enough, but why is it when flying my liberator the gunner's still have to manually aim at targets, the same can be said for tanks, harasses and lightening why are they still using 1940s techniques. Cheeseo_O

I said three but this one must be included.

Running into a room , killing five or more players, only to be taken out heroically by a random SMG infiltrator cloaked in the corner of the room. That is not cheese but as you bask in your own awesomeness:cool: during the death sequence (when the camera rotatable above your body playing some kind of faction theme) in the periphery you can see a medic healing all of those players who two seconds ago you heroically killed. Cheeseo_O
    • Up x 1
  2. LonelyTerran

Smg Infils,Semi Turret stabilization available to one of 3 tanks, ADAD warping, Pre-Nerf Zoe/Magrider/Bugged prowler anchor mode, VG shield, Orion, Saron, Mana AV turret, Phoenix, Rocketpods, ESFS being fighters and bombers at the same time.

I have too many to fit with your request of only 3.
    I could go on for a while.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jeralamo

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle, Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, and Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.

We need an aircraft like an Apache or Cobra helicopter. but SOE would probably, if they ever make a new vehicle, make a little bird style aircraft. Sorry so off topic :oops:
  4. Sen7rygun

Blue cheese, Camembert cheese, Parmigiana cheese.

The game is fine. Just remember kids, it's a dog eat dog world out there and no one lives forever.
    • Up x 12
  5. Latrodectus

1. Threads where people use terms or phrases that they don't understand.
    2. ^
    3. ^
    • Up x 8
  6. Hatesphere

but... but... I spent resources!
  7. Scienta

Infantry gameplay, this business model, and the game itself. Infantry dominate all areas of the fight, free to play sucks, and the game had a less than focused direction.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scienta

I was going to do that, but I was lost on what to say as my third cheese. Had swiss then cheddar.
  9. Hatesphere

always market for what your largest play group is, unfortunately that is infantry since most players spend their time as that.
  10. Jeralamo

needs to be free to play to have population and the scale. blah blah the game is loosing population blah blah...
  11. Scienta

Which is why free to play as a whole is bad. It essentially makes design decisions for you, and hardly ever for the better.
  12. Scienta

Not really, if you build it they will come. What other MMOfps is on the market right now? If they would have handled it a bit better, this could have been the "WoW" of its genre, although that might be a stretch. At least a pay for the box deal like Guild Wars would have been far better.
    • Up x 3
  13. Hatesphere

you could always make it not free to play and have a much smaller player base. this game needs to keep high population for it to remain viable. s it is now, vehicles still give you an advantage, just not a "LAWL PWN" advantage.
  14. Rigs

1. engineers

2. Prowlers

3. Base design.
  15. Blarg20011

Buy to play is my personal favorite. Heck, they could still have had micro-transactions, they just could have been a bit more "micro" then they really are.
  16. Tinuva

Is Parmigiana a cheese? Don't you mean parmesan? Oh how I love a good parmigiana, and also parmesan!
  17. Dagonlives

Probably just lock-ons in their current state. It's effectively re-tarded the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Blackinvictus

1. Playing the air game in the 25th century like its early 20th century bi-planes. (listen for engines.. doh, that sounds like a scythe a comin'!!).
    2. Jacking over the paying members with new "added value"
    3. Tanks shooting aircraft out of the sky
    • Up x 4
  19. hawken is better

Snipers

Vehicle/MAX spam

Terribad base design
    • Up x 2
  20. Sen7rygun

• Up x 2