Top VS outfits and why all VS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmegForBrains2, Jan 5, 2014.

1. SmegForBrains2

Why are all the 1337 MLG outfits vanu and which one is the most prestigious and hardcore?

also any really super good non VS outfits besides NUC.
    • Up x 1
  2. Badname1652

You must be high. INI Elite? Recursion?
    • Up x 2
  3. Snowzak

[IMG]
    • Up x 29
  4. Monkeydmomo

He's talking about USA, not EU.
  5. Badname1652

Recursion is US West Coast. While they might not be individual skirmishers like FCRW, their teamwork is incredible, with considerable individual skill levels as well.
    • Up x 6
  6. Rasui

7. AnotherNoob

There aren't any top tier vanu outfit at all on miller anymore...
  8. AxisO7

How does the DasAnfall page actually work out it's stats? Going by that ladder my outfit (Juggernaut) is ahead of INI Elite, whereas on the Planetside Universe ladder INI Elite are ahead.

It's a shame that time difference and lag makes it difficult for us on Briggs to get involved with either US or European outfits, as it'd be a good experience to battle the other top dogs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Thardus

I wouldn't say the best outfits are necessarily Vanu, but I will admit that just going by the lore, I feel that the NC might be better at attracting players who wouldn't work well in a more regimented outfit. By contrast, the VS and the TR attract Intelligent and Co-operative players respectively. Then of course there's also just the people that chose arbitrarily, or went by their preferred playstyle or weapons. Still, I'm sure you'll find the majority of pubs willing to work in a co-ordinated group would be TR or VS.
    • Up x 6
  10. Ender

Our site defaults to a method similar to PSU's but it accounts for outliers slightly by default. You can change it to PSU style if you want, its a sorting option. Basically it calculates an average amount of experience for the outfit per player, and players more than "certain number of standard deviations" above or below are truncated. So in DA's case for example our own default sorting method gives us a lower overall score because BR100's get truncated too.

PSU style is straight up avg. xp. It really doesn't change much in most cases between the two sorting methods, but 50 did it so that outlier players aren't as big of a factor in the average.
    • Up x 1
  11. Rigs

lol recursion are YOU high?
    • Up x 1
  12. 0neder

Ender, are you not streaming for competitive reasons or temporary holiday reasons, or more permanent reasons? Just curious, really loved your stream and that you were kind enough to let a mediocre noob tag along back in the day.

On a side note, DA is the best clan, man for man, that I ever watched play.
  13. Imij

That's because everyone who joins is required to download skill augmenting software. It's listed in the DA terms of service.
    • Up x 7
  14. Coltorl

http://4.bp.************/_dSiHiTaO4Xg/TUMEcBE8obI/AAAAAAAAANk/RAQxR4BOE9g/s1600/salt-shaker.jpg

Uh oh... looks like someone spilled the salt.
  15. Rigs

[IMG]

awwww did i make someone from the " MLG " cry? Im sure someone cares about your heroic farming.
  16. Ender

Was just taking a break for awhile while the new patch.... ran it's course I guess. No content has made it hard to stay super active on live. Not being in CC Season 1 was really disheartening too, but as of the last couple nights i've been shaking off the rust. Maybe i'll put the stream up tonight :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Gav7x

Because all the tryhards want every little advantage they can get
    • Up x 4
  18. LordShockTitan

Which is the main reason why I, VS on Connery, avoid them at all costs.
  19. 0neder

20. Imij