Please Reinstate Some of the Non-Shielded Equipment Terminals

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ibuprofen, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ibuprofen

In the last performance update, SOE removed a bunch of equipment terminals which were not in shielded spawn rooms from small and medium sized bases. The stated reason is performance improvements, and yet they appear to have removed an insignificant number of terminals from shielded spawn rooms that already have more than one equipment terminal.

There are now virtually no small bases on 2/3 continents where an infiltrator can get access to an equipment terminal in an enemy base without hacking a vehicle terminal and pulling his own freaking AMS.

This is a formal request that as many bases as possible, with zero non-shielded equipment terminals and 2+ equipment terminals in the spawn room, have at least one shielded equipment terminal moved outside the spawn room, where it is potentially vulnerable to enemy infiltrators.

By eliminating a large number of instances where the infiltrator had an opportunity to perform actual sabotage, by turning the enemy's own vulnerable resources against them, the removal of these equipment terminals just robs the class of nuance and brings the infiltrator that much closer to being no more than a twitchy, purely FPS class.
    • Up x 48
  2. EmmettLBrown

I kinda miss being able to switch gear when I'm attacking. I've noticed a lot less AMS in fights lately.
    • Up x 1
  3. Stinneyt

I agree.
    • Up x 1
  4. Torok

bump
    • Up x 1
  5. stalkish

Only a couple terms in a large tech lab yet theres 10 within that small spawn building inside the warpgate, SOE logic reigns supreme :rolleyes:.
    • Up x 1
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

i totally agree. i especially miss that infantry terminal inside techplants. it allowed me to change my class on the fly instead of having to walk to the spawnroom all the time. i was pretty much SHOCKED when i had to find out they removed it from its former place. does SoE want me to get a sunderer with ams first to change my class on the battlefield?o_O

seriously, did nobody NOBODY from the dev team think of the consequences? "oh hey when we remove these terminals, infiltrators wont have stuff to hack and people wont be able to change their classes...." "DOESNT MATTER HAD OPTIMIZASHUN..HERPDERP"
    • Up x 2
  7. Kunavi

As an Infiltrator... No. I like less terminals and hacking is redundant in most cases as a mechanic. Just blow the thing up or AI Mine it. Or go to larger facilities and be useful again. When and IF we get to the Infiltrator update we can talk about how hacking can make sense again and what it should do. For now just bring Sunderers, main a class knowing you won't always be able to change(Though I find it excessive how easy it is to access all classes in 80% of the situation) and enjoy the increased performance.

And what is this sabotage you speak of? If you hack a terminal I'll blow it up. Then I'll repair it, with the same class too. That's all, you cost 1 person 10". Might as well not bother at all and hack turrets, kill the operators. Might as well play HA and blow those up too. Profit from Engineers trying to repair them! Much more tactical value to top it off.

I like Infiltrators a lot, it's how I started in PS2 and it's what I play in all FPS and RPGs(Meaning I always go for Rogue/Assassin/Sniper respectively, depending on what is offered). Very promising but right now it is redundant and I never found a single situation where I'd rather be an Infiltrator than pretty much ANY other class.

Sorry. Just get an SMG and YOLOSWAG for now, in and out of cloaking.
  8. FateJH

What is YOLOSWAG anyway? Not even UrbanDictionary is helpful.

The only Loadout Terminal I do miss is the one at the base of Tech Plants just inside the back doors. It makes trying to upkeep the virtually indefensible tower even more of a chore especially since no one else ever seems to care how it being overrun or out of your control can completely shut down a base to the defenders.
    • Up x 1
  9. Astriania

That terminal in tech plants should come back. Like the ground floor one on towers, it gives attackers a place to reconfigure once they've taken effective control of the entrance area of the facility building, which is fair. I don't think we need hackable terminals in every base, though.
  10. Bankrotas

I guess they "eat" too much to be put back and with some techplants since you're unable to put a sundie as defender inside it, this kinda screws defensive play a lot more than offensive :/
    • Up x 1
  11. Admiralty

I'm quite disappointed they took out those terminals from small bases because it provided an extra element of strategy for both attackers and defenders.

For attackers: it was a chance for you to sneak behind enemy lines to resupply yourself or your teammates, or even just to go as a MAX unit behind the enemy's lines.

For defenders: similar to the attackers except there was an extra decision you had to make which was to whether or not you should destroy it to prevent the enemy from haxing it.

I feel that to an extent, it dumbed the gameplay.
    • Up x 3
  12. Nephera

Personally i'd go to a base along a major road outside the warpgate, lay down mines and wait with a rocket launcher/av max/av turret for a lone tank or a tank column. With proper positioning its possible to take down multiple tanks before they realize whats going on. especially if you're in a small team.

Technically still possible to do but its difficult to get that far without being infiltrators or using air resources.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jawarisin

Adding my support to this, want terminals back.
    • Up x 4
  14. Lamat

Yes, the one in the tech plants I particularly miss.
    • Up x 1
  15. BloodyG

they got abit overboard with the performance, terminal's are the Infi's bread and butter behind enemy lines.
    the only thing we can do now is get a sunndy (one's every 40min or so...) or hack av turret's to deal with vehicle's.

i often took the A point in a small base and then got a max to defend it, not anymore possible :(
    • Up x 2
  16. Axehilt

Strongly agree. They really should be looking for ways to increase the utility of infiltrators, not decrease it. Because in organized play the utility of infiltrators is so weak that you basically only want 1-2 (because one infiltrator with maxed darts can cover just about everywhere you need to cover.)

Basically with any class players should always feel pressure to bring more of that class at the cost of others, yet right now there's basically no reason to bring more infiltrators and even less reason to bring light assaults. To be fair I have noticed slightly more bases lately where LAs utility is beneficial, but they really still need to get a unique utility skill for themselves.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nocturnal7x

I agree, the terminals need to come back.
    • Up x 1
  18. Inf1nite

Since terminals now flash when you hack them (wtf SOE?!) it's really obvious where the people are if there are any terminals to hack at all. If we got more terminals then I'd also want SOE to take out the flashing (yes I want more terminals) because otherwise the infiltrator is a sitting duck that's the size of a truck.
    • Up x 1
  19. Stinneyt

Why limit the options? If you dont want to play that way, what difference is it to you if other people want to?
    • Up x 2
  20. Duvenel

If you've ever been an inf where you're either alone in a base trying to cap it or with 1/2 other people. Then you'll realise just how important those other equipment terminals are. One of the things I like doing is running around like that in a base and fighting an enemy infil 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 3-5 and giving them the run around.

The outside terminals can be used as bait for traps and they actually provide a real use for infiltrators. Also like other people have already mentioned, some spawn rooms still have more than 1 terminal in them...

Also it's not exactly like infiltrators had an abundance of things to hack before the change. Especially if there's more than 1 infiltrator nearby.
    • Up x 1