The most despicable people on Auraxis?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zazulio, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Zazulio

Any schmuck who pulls a tank, sunderer, or harasser without bothering to pay a single measly cert to give their gunner the first rank of zoom.

All the lil' monkeys who block their teammates' firing lines by running up and standing in the middle of a doorway they're trying to lock down.

Anybody who believes that standing directly in front of your engineer turret is a good idea.

Anybody who won't switch to an engineer to repair your redlined MAX. In the spawn room.

What are yours?
    • Up x 22
  2. z1967

Jet rammers. and bunny hoppers. And the idiots who can't resist hitting a stationary object and blowing up so I get grief points. And forumside in general. No wonder the devs seem to "exist" more on reddit.
    • Up x 3
  3. LUCAGRABACR

People who TK because they have a chance to gain more XP if they do. I'm okay with trolls, but people who intentionally TK to get more XP is just plain disgusting.
    • Up x 4
  4. Konstantinn

People who aren't in charge of platoon, yet talk more than platoon leader in [PLATOON] voice.
    People who suddenly start chatting up about something outside the game during major offensive/defensive.
    Random voice spammers and music players. Though lately there have hardly been any, probably banned. Good work SOE.
    People running in front of you while you try to lock on to something with rocket launcher. (interrupts lock)
    Infiltrators not using darts.
    Infiltrators running circles around turrets and terminals and not hacking them.
    People joining squads and platoons, then ignoring orders. Why join with others if you want to do your own thing? Stay solo please!
    Engineers who haven't figured out that selecting turret and pressing B switches to ammo pack. "I don't have ammo, i have a turret!"
    Bad drivers that drive in middle of road when there are a lot of vehicles trying to get through. 2 can fit side by side on most roads.
    Warpgate jokers flipping galaxies/liberators.
    Warpgate jokers putting turrets in doorways.
    Warpgate jokers constantly firing at friendlies at warpgate, just creating unnecessary noise.
    People who believe best place to defend the inside of the room is to sit in the doorway (same as OP mentioned basically).

The overall winner though, people using inappropriate voice channels. Like somebody trying to organize a max crash at some base through command chat. Happened today....younger player judging by voice. Total lack of understanding levels of communication. These same people say something that should be said in proximity or in squad using platoon voice channels. They are special flowers, and are obviously more important than anyone else. Regardless of continent. Had there been a global voice chat across all factions (even all servers), you can bet that those individuals would be asking for ammo in THAT channel.
    • Up x 13
  5. RogueVindicare

When you say "jet rammers" do you mean people who suicide their ESF into yours instead of trying to dogfight? Or you mean people flying Gals into other stuff?

Cause Gal ramming is hilarious.
    • Up x 3
  6. Shadowyc

Anyone who is not a heartless sociopath that wins at any and all costs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lamat

They should just make the first level zoom default, I'm so sick of this too.
    • Up x 8
  8. doombro

That one outfit who redeploys halfway across the map to spam 15+ MAXes at a point to interrupt a well earned cap.
    You know who you are.
    • Up x 5
  9. GhostAvatar

Tanks who decide it is a good idea to follow right behind you into battle, thus blocking your retreat if things get a bit hairy.
    • Up x 17
  10. Axehilt

I tend not to treat no-optic vehicle users as despicable, since really they're just newbies who don't know better. It's a teaching opportunity. Turn a bad teammate into a good one.

Despicable is more like the person who locked their Sunderer in a fight this morning. The Sunderer came under heavy attack from several enemies and myself and a handful of others fought back, and really the only reason it died is we couldn't use the turrets to eliminate infantry/vehicle targets faster. (But still...do I despise that person? Not really. It was very irritating at the time and I called them out for a bad move, but it's not like I despise a person for being bad at a videogame.)
    • Up x 2
  11. RogueVindicare

I guess I'll add some. I wouldn't describe these as "most despicable", but they are annoying:

- People who drop ammo packs in super-exposed positions instead of behind cover.
    - People who drive up next to a deployed Sundy at full speed, running over freshly spawning players so they can change from LA to Engie and repair themselves.
    - People who spam proxy chat ENDLESSLY for Medic revives, especially when they die in some place no one can reach like LA on top of large crates or a rooftop (yes, I've seen it happen)

Actual things that count as "despicable" imo

- Infils who hack turrets that are in use after deploying a proxy mine behind it. Is it legit? Yeah. Still a **** move.
    - People who deploy Sundys in "troll positions" that are inefficient or tactically poor, while at the same time blocking anyone else from putting a Sundy in that zone.
    - People who C4 Sundys of their own faction in the middle of a heated battle, for anyone reason (4th faction/alt hoppers or massive trolls)
    • Up x 2
  12. NoctD

Lack of zoom isn't so bad to me.

What puzzles me though is the dozens of 1/12 sundy drivers, people pull sundies and go barreling out of the vehicle spawn, stopping for no one, and we end up with a half dozen sundies or more ditched at the next base without a lot of infantry to support the assault. I mean, a Flash is weak, but really, if you're gonna pull a sundy you could at least give others a ride?
    • Up x 1
  13. PurpleOtter

Pilots...
    • Up x 5
  14. z1967

Option A. You have a nose gun for a reason. I too love a good gal ram. what else am I gonna do with it after a MAX crash?
  15. Necron

Anyone who drops a AI Mana behind me, then shoots through me... He died.
  16. Latrodectus

The trees.
    • Up x 10
  17. EliteEskimo

Most despicable people when it comes to tanking.

1. The people who park directly behind you, then when you're smoking trying to back up there's that moment where you look at them while they're looking at you but they still don't move at all or not until your tank is on fire.

2. The people who come back and C4 you for kicking them out of you gunner seat to make room for a friend or outfit member.

3. The people who ram their vehicles into you, cause their own death, and then come back and C4 you.

4. The people who don't look where their going with their vehicles causing massive ram/friendly fire damage, and sometimes ramming you into a building or rock instigibbing your tank.

5. The people who ram into the back of you in a open field when you're sitting still and lining up a shot on another tank, often causing you to completely miss.
    • Up x 7
  18. Earthman

Idiotic harasser drivers that seem to go out of their way to run over not only you, but everyone around you in a powerslide on the way to wherever they are going.

Not tanks, not even lightnings. Not sunderers. Harassers seem uniquely attractive to these teamkilling morons.
    • Up x 3
  19. Nerovox

A tanker who loaded Kobalt for gunner position yet decides to spam shoot at every infantry person he can see with his AP rounds and missing every shot by 20 yards while making it smoke filled to the point that you cant even see the from of the tank much less that HA behind the rock with a rocket.
  20. FocusLight

Only one major annoyance.

Whiners without due cause. Due cause being such things as issues widely agreed upon as issues.

As an example, I care not to hear, once again, how supposedly horrible NC guns are when they keep up just fine, kill me, my outfit-mates, my fellow Terrans and VS players by the endless thousands every day with horrific ease, and I myself have no problems adapting to any one of them, understanding how they work and deducing how best to use them.

I don't blame the gun when I am the one who failed to understand how it works, and then get myself into situations and locations where it's up-sides are prominent and powerful, and it's down-sides are down-played or out-right negated. I blame myself.

When a gun or vehicle or whatever is proven to be, by more than just me, sub-par or over-powered, people have a right to complain.

I tested the NC AI vehicle weapon. I know how badly it sucked, and still kind of sucks.

I know from having run in one more than often enough how broken ZOE was, and how it's still the single best and most useful MAX faction ability, in spite of so many VS crying it's supposedly so broken and worthless now. I care not to hear another whine about that from another VS who have not played at all with lock-down and Aegis shield and have perspective on just how good ZOE was and how useful it still is.

If you want to complain about anything, have a factual cause and some perspective to go with your claims. Hollow crying is easy to dis-prove as hollow whining and wastes time, it is static noise disturbing the signal.

That's forum-side though. The things you mention in-game can be dealt with. Example: people with a hard-on for getting into the line-of-fire of their allies. Are they in the way of allies shooting at the enemy? To bad for them, if they don't stop they will keep getting TK'ed as a result. Eventually, they will learn better. If not, well, sucks to be them.

No first rank in zoom on vehicles. Geesh, everyone start with at least one cert available for every single secondary gun now, do they? This is not an issue at all.