Battlefield 4 experiences - How can planetside 2 improve?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gheeta, Nov 5, 2013.

1. TheBloodEagle

Are you really going to give me that response for this game when TR weapons aren't even using caseless ammo 832 years in the future? or even telescoped ammunition? NANITES right?

What I meant was, LMG are suppression weapons, there's no actual suppression mechanic in PS2. The LMG's are just worse AR's here.
  2. DeusExForever

That isn't going to sit well for players, as there were endless whine threads about Support using machineguns to lay down suppressive fire (despite that IS the job of a machinegunner).

It wouldn't work well in PS2 though, since the game focuses so much on vehicle play.
  3. Gnomemercy

Would be nice if they added the squad objective xp bonus BF4, it might give the randoms in a public platoon a little incetive to go to Point A when their squad leader marks it...which also helps them on a basic level to understand objectives.

Just put a cooldown on it so it can't be spammed say every 5 mins.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheBloodEagle

I know the "competitive" folks hate all that stuff, they just want basic gunplay. But I'd personally want some actual suppression mechanics. Heck, I shoot at everything, even make myself a decoy for folks around me running ahead. But it's really just a personal thing. If there was a suppression mechanic, maybe even support exp for doing so, that would really be great for teamplay. But then again, medium-towards-long range infantry combat seems to have been culled. Folks on forumside know how much I hate the current infantry tracers for aiding that. Plus, people barely shoot at Harassers and aircraft because they want to preserve their accuracy stats....sigh...so helping each other out in that respect is meaningless overall without such mechanics. I'm in a minority in caring enough for fellow teammates. Guess I want something more gritty.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. DeusExForever

To add suppressive fire there has to be FF off servers. BF3 gets away with that mechanic as server admins can chose to turn off FF so players won't kill squads as infantry try to rush (Metro map without FF off is pure suicide, for example). In PS2 we have folks who will stand right in front of a rocket launcher right as they fire -- again and again and again (you'd think that after the first time they would avoid that corner, right? Nope!).

Suppressive fire and FF off, fine. FF on, no way it'll just bring grief.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheBloodEagle

Why would they make the suppression mechanic work on friendly forces? It would just be for enemy units of course.
    • Up x 2
  7. Deronok

I just wish we had gunner seat cams... and maybe those 'call outs' when things are spotted over radio chatter rather than futuristic soldiers screaming it out in the open. xD Let other factions here it like that, but have the radio sound over it would be cool for friendlies.
    • Up x 2
  8. Boomotang

Honestly, I think PS2's sounds are pretty great. Yes BF's sounds are the best, but it's not easy to be as good as the best. It's not really comparing apples to apples either. The 'ambient' sound that you hear in PS2 comes from a lot more sources than in BF. PS2 could probably improve on the first person SFX from the guns.

I think suppression mechanics would be awesome. It adds way more gameplay functionality to throwing tons of lead in the enemy's direction.

I also wish 'spots' were done via radio instead of yelling for everyone to hear.
  9. MurderBunneh

Alot of the art and art direction in this game is bad.

First off who is in charge of the amount of effects at high settings? They are too high it is bad and tacky.

NC look like they are homeless with some of the armor and the color patterns.

If you want to compare look at the player studio helmets. The player studio helmets look 10x better then any of that big headed crap the actual devs put out. Seriously why do all the NC dev made helmets look like they are covering up a huge tumor or something? The changes to infil camo coverage is a clear indicator that we are seeing amateurs at work here. Maybe you should open up avenues for armor and camo coverage design in the player studio.

I think you guys are doing a great job coding but your art dept is lacking.

I want complete control of my graphics settings YOU DON'T KNOW WHATS BEST FOR ME AND MY PC.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gheeta

That's a good point, i would like to see some tracer improvements as well and this goes for vehicles too. Tracers are excellent tool to make the game more visually pleasing. This is also something that would help new players with leading targets etc.

For air it's vitally important that you see your tracers properly, at the moment you have to have very specific settings to see them during day time.
  11. EmperorPenguin5

PS2 Will die with the harasser nerf.
  12. Xasapis

Care to elaborate? That seems a bit too far stretched.
  13. Killbot

Most important thing to note in BF4 is that Tanks and APCs don't slide around like chubby chicks in a jello wrestling tournament. Nor do they flip over unless you do something very stupid with them. The buggies, jeeps, ATVs do slide a bit, they also have a speed wobble and it is challenging but fun to handle. Unlike this game where if you hit an odd angled bump at full speed it might just spin you around 180 degrees in a buggie, atv or flip you right over in a Lightning. Don't get me wrong I love the Duke's of Hazzard style of driving you can achieve in this game with the Harasser but I think all vehicles in PS2 are in need of a tire/tread and torque buff. I'm talking across the board not just one empire, fyi.

P.S. BF4 has teh boats, PS2 no boats. In fact PS2 only has a few puddles. Devs y u no water? Aren't you going to make EQ:N with this engine, if that game gets vast areas of water and we don't I'll be so jelly. Is it so tough to make it work in PS2? A setup like Cyssor would be awesome, except for the fact that PS2 might become Cyssorside2...
    • Up x 2
  14. TheStink

BF3 was the last EA game I'll ever buy. I see people using the word Dice. It's not Dice any more. It's just a name now. It's not the once great small group of Pc developers aiming high on PC game development. Its been chews up by EA and spat out, like many other once great gaming companies before it.
    • Up x 3
  15. TheStink

Go stand and put a mag or any vehicle in what small amounts there are. There is no code in place for objects to interact with it. Mags can't even drive on top of water like their meant to.
  16. DrPapaPenguin

We're lucky PS2 does not have random disconnects with stats not saving every half an hour like BF4 has.
  17. maxkeiser

This.

PS2 would do well to IGNORE BF4 completely. PS2 has nothing to gain from or learn from BF.
  18. Klondik3

Harasser is the last bastion of vehicle fun.
  19. Xasapis

So we need something to be unbalanced broken to have fun? From VS standpoint the NC equivalents are not as bad, but the TR equivalents are more fearsome than their MBTs ... while in a MBT yourself.

Did we reach the point where the "Give me my I win button, or I leave" has become the newest low?
  20. Spartan3123

please do not bring the random spawn crap from BF4... it ruins the flow of the battle and makes the front line unclear.

What is flanking when there is no frontline because people spawn everywhere and squads a spread out across the map. And for the record i think PS2 could learn alot from BF2, i still play the game and really enjoy the combat mechanics.

I also like how BF2 feels authentic, there is less of that OMG infantry can't get OHK mentality that i see these days. In BF2 infantry has no chance against an attack helicopter or jets and limited effectiveness against supported tanks. But then again these assets were limited.

If enemy had air superiority, you have to fight to deny them that or simply change your tactics.
    Sometimes i enjoy the imbalance that could happen if your team made mistakes because it just makes you learn.
    • Up x 1