Facebook Free Bundle Giveaways

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nooblet91698, Oct 31, 2013.

1. nooblet91698

2 hours ago, PS2 devs gave away 5 codes for their "living dead bundle". It included a skull helmet and camo. Apparently 5 mins after the facebook post was posted, all of them were taken. The devs started to post again in the comments more codes, about 30 in total of all the comments. All of them were taken in the first minute. I think these free giveaways should stop, since whoever is on facebook at that time can get it. I think the bundles should have priority with paying subscribers, or at least some people who promote the game like on youtube. What are your thoughts? :mad:
    The bundle:
    [IMG]
  2. Teegeeack

Since when has SOE put PS2 subscribers first? We didn't even get a free month and I have to share a server with a bunch of dirty freeloaders.
  3. nooblet91698

And plus, the goal for SOE was for players to provide "scary Auraxis stories", but instead, you can get it free without having to send in stories.
  4. Jac70

It's just luck of the draw - some people get a nice bonus. Don't piss on their chips :eek:
    • Up x 1
  5. Teegeeack

They should have put it on the forums, not on Facebook.
  6. Teegeeack

We really need to do something to separate the freeloaders from the subscribers though. There should a system implemented where certain weapons and vehicles are restricted to subscribing members.
  7. nooblet91698

Update: another one just happened 5 mins ago and all are taken
  8. Teegeeack

If you have a subscription, cancel it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jac70

The solution - check Facebook every few seconds.

Some people got lucky. Stop fretting. Stop whining.
    • Up x 2
  10. Teegeeack

I bet you're a freeloader.
  11. Kurohagane

12. Serell

lololololololol

yes, people LOVE pay to win.

They're only giving out some codes on their facebook, no big deal. What is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE is them using Reddit and Twitter for posting important stuff and updates instead of their OFFICIAL FORUMS.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jac70

I'm an Alpha Squadder - I put money down when the game was beta. I've bought cash since but that is all irrelevant. Stop crying.
    • Up x 1
  14. Teegeeack

So we shed the freeloaders, no great loss.

I think the helmet and camo suck, to be honest. But throwing away codes for this stuff on Facebook while completely ignoring the official forums. I didn't even know they were doing this because they couldn't be bothered to announce it.
  15. Teegeeack

I bet you are. Give me your credit card details so I can be sure.
  16. Rogueghost

I've spent over 110 dollars on this game, all of which was on station cash, yet I'm a freeloader because I don't want some silly exp and resource boost in exchange for 15 dollars a month, alright.
    • Up x 1
  17. Serell

You do know this game is already dying, right?
    • Up x 1
  18. nooblet91698

DONT WORRY GUYS, IF YOU POST A SCARY STORY ON TWITTER ON PS2, YOU WILL GET A CODE :eek:
  19. pnkdth

I'm impressed, for once, we're seeing exclusive content that's actually, you know, exclusive. I remember a time, long ago, when this was seen as a good thing. It gave the items some sort of value. These days we see easy mode content and everyone needs to be able to sail through and get everything because if they don't they're going to feel cheated. Not because they feel they should have but because they want it, and if they want then they think they need it.

Then again, society is breeding a whole new generation who believe they're all special snowflakes who mistake privileges for rights, and wants for needs.

This is a valuable lesson for many of you. You can't have everything in life. Deal with it.
    • Up x 4
  20. PapaMojo

I don't have a Facebook or Twitter so I can't get these. NAUGHT FAIRE!!!! GIMME!!!

:p