Return of the BFR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ForeFront0fFear, Oct 30, 2013.

1. ForeFront0fFear

2. WV17

I for one am pumped!!!
    • Up x 4
  3. vulkkan

Don't worry, it's just an OP costume. Think of all the candy Clegg will get from traumatized PS1 veterans.

[IMG]

edit: The optimization patch will save us!

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  4. WyrdHarper

Just waiting for the obligatory michaelscottnooooo.gif

They certainly look pretty cool, especially in a staged picture like that, though.

I wonder if we'll see Pride Rock end up on new Amerish?
    • Up x 4
  5. Jeralamo

I think piloting one would be fun of course but going against one and seeing them on the battlefield I think they dont fit in with the game. also would be a balance nightmare and overall i just really dont want them.
  6. Pikachu

Lion king rock. Its just a joke.
    • Up x 2
  7. DeadliestMoon

*Pride Rock.
  8. SpaceKing

dear dog no
  9. Ultramarine

I think they could be balanced well. It'd be different, a sort of mostly AI platform that's incredibly vulnerable because of its vertical stature. The fact that it stands makes it a huge target. That said, I'm neither for or against them.
    • Up x 2
  10. St4tic

no. please no.
  11. Pikachu

Yes please yes. All you ps1 players are so boring.
    • Up x 13
  12. SpaceKing

What would they do even?
  13. Van Dax

its so obviously a joke, you know they recently deleted the bfr from the game right?
  14. WyrdHarper

Wait, the one near howling pass?
  15. Van Dax

yes, its deleted on the test server as it had a unique texture and as such was wasting resources.
    • Up x 1
  16. EtharionTurambar

Uuhhhh i wiiish...they look so awesome.. I don't care how unbalanced they were in PS1 (never played) that does NOT mean that we cant make them balanced THIS time!!

I cant say it enough, for a game in the future on ANOTHER PLANET this game needs more sci fi elements! 2 thirds of the players still shoot boring old bullets for crying out loud :p and the tanks look like they're from the gulf war.. Needs moar mechs!! And more awesome futuristic stuff!! :)
    • Up x 3
  17. MrMurdok

Provided BFRs will be totally team dependant and will need more than two people to pilot, sure.

If they're going to be as silly as the in game MBTs, no thanks.
    • Up x 7
  18. Regpuppy

Oh, I didn't check that. Even the one in the tutorial?
  19. wolfva

I'd be in favor of BFRs...but only if Harrassers and Flashes got Harpoon guns which fired lines that tangled up their legs causing them to fall to the ground. And they were restricted to Essamir.
    • Up x 10
  20. Phyr

Need an over sized harasser holding it up, to show off to the kingdom.
    • Up x 1