Harasser is breaking the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Karion, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Kaon1311

So am i right in saying you havent used the Harasser extensively but are asking for nerfs?

Its a great deal of fun, but not half as OP as people make it out to be.
    Lightnings, undefended sundies, small infantry squads and some other harassers are its staple diet. Semi-decent 2/2 tankers and good 1/2 tankers, good pilots and ok lib crews will eat you alive.

Have fun, see you out there if your on Miller :D
  2. Mustarde

Indeed it is another topic. But you couldn't be more wrong in saying that the class is supposed to be a sniper. And this is coming from someone who snipes 80% of the time.

SMG's were the best thing to happen to the class, as it allowed us to enter bases and hack and not be completely free certs.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mustarde

Sorry to say, infiltrators don't have c4. Don't play with my heart.
  4. Kaon1311

The question is, when they bring out the new humvee type vehicles (New ES vehicles, they showed us the NC humvee thing), does that mean the MBT will be completly replaced?

Atmo it seems to be

Lightning (weakest)
    Harasser
    MBT. (strongest)

If anyone says harasser are stronger than MBTs lol.......(more fun, yes by a mile, 2/2 MBTs eat harassers...FACT!)

Where will the new heavier buggies go? Does this mean they will buff tanks so the heavy buggy will then go between harasser and MBT? Maybe thats the way to go? Dont nerf harasser, buff MBTs, they need it anyway :p
  5. ronjahn

All that time played on your three characters and you haven't realized that infiltrators do not have the ability to carry c4? I still agree with your post though :)

On topic: harassers are OP and here some reasons why.
    Tank weapons on a NS platform.
    Can absorb loads of damage and then repair any damage they take in only a few seconds time while moving near or at full speed..
    Extremely fast.
    Do not blow up to tank mines if they use turbo.
    Can flip over 30 times on the way down a mountain and survive.
    Can get to unreachable places only previously occupied by prenerf Magriders and ESF carriages.
    And the list goes on. I think.
  6. lothbrook

If its more armored its probably more like a sunderer without any real AV weapons, like the harasser should have been as a transport vehicle. The game feels really lacking without smaller transports than the Sunderer and galaxy, i'd love to see infantry fighting vehicles and blackhawk type transports with light support.
  7. ronjahn

If PS1 is any indication, the new transport will also have AV weaponary.
  8. SirJMD

Too fast, too much damage and repairing while driving around..

I've seen quite a few heavy tanks gotten completely ripped apart by a harasser with a Halberd. You might be able to land a few hits on the harasser, but after that it quickly takes off using it's turbo while the gunner jumps to the 3rd seat and repairs fully in a matter of seconds.

The harasser needs a nerf in one of the following categories:
    - Speed
    - Damage output
    - Armor / health
    - Reduction/removal of repairing while moving

Or make the gunner visible, so it's possible to kill him. Make it possible to cert into protection/armor for the gunner - this should of course be instead of the vehicle armor.
  9. Amouris

Source?
  10. Larolyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=brMYlvd8ukk#t=282

4:35 in. Up until 35 meters the NS7-PDW will vastly outperform the Full Auto Scout rifle. Plus the NS7-PDW does not suffer the horrendous bloom of the full auto scout. After getting Auraxium on the Full Auto Scout I can safely say the NS7-PDW does a better job of being a full auto scout rifle than the faction specific full auto scout rifles do.
  11. Nintyuk

He also compares it to a scout rifle.
  12. Selerox

The Harasser hasn't bought anything useful to the game, aside from giving farms an even more powerful tool.

It's one of the growing list of new introductions that has done nothing positive for the game.

Harasser.
    MAX abilities.
    ESRLs.

All worthless introductions, all causing friction within the playerbase, and none of them improving the game in any way whatsoever.
  13. axiom537

/Agree - but I don't think it needs the ability to be repaired in the back removed or the secondary guns be nerfed.

The Harasser can just take too much damage and in conjunction with composite armor it is nearly as strong as a MBT.

This is how I would fix it.
    1. 2 tank rounds kill it... PERIOD
    2. Small arms and Flak should absolutely chew it up
    3. Composite armor - will only give it additional protection from Light arms, splash and Flak & each level of composite will penalize the speed of the harasser by 5% for each level.
    • Up x 1
  14. ABATTLEDONKEY

Statistically sure, however the harasser is subject to being damaged by MANY more things, and has much less resistance to alot of them (more notably ESF guns/rockets). Also, this is after what, 1500 certs? 1500 certs to ALMOST match a stock TR/VS MBT, while retaining far less firepower, and a mandatory 2 man operation.

Meanwhile the MBT puts 100 certs into side armor, and keeps his side toward the harasser, and has 1400 certs left over for additional goodies. Add a second gunner and the harasser is EASILY outclassed.

So sure, a fully certed harasser has less armor, and far less firepower, than a stock MBT whos strength is NOT in its armor. It is also subject to many more threats, and puts out less damage. TO make up for this, it uses speed to get in, hit hard, and get back out when things get rough. All this complaining about Harasser survivability leaves me with one question: why are harassers always on the move? why dont they just stop, tank the damage, and dish it out, much like an MBT does?
  15. Kaon1311

I made a thread before that it should take more damage from flak. That would give the Skyguard a dual role. So instead of sitting there doing nothing when the ESFs run off due to AA, they can keep harassers at bay.
  16. ABATTLEDONKEY

They add variability, and depth to the game. Albiet a small amount, they bring in new dynamics to the game. Would you prefer that we all get the same guns, and the same abilities?

Harassers brought in the second (only 2) teamwork required vehicle. really the harasser and the lib are the ONLY (!!!!) thing that demand teamwork to operate. Pretty pathetic if you think about it. These things offer a new gameplay for those that like to work together. The absurd thing, is that SOOOOOO many players are simply to stupid, or to ignorant to understand why a 2 man operation, beats out their lone wolf weapons. The friction of the harasser is much more about player ignorance, than it is about actual imbalance, especially considering every player has access to one, on every faction, meaning its impossible to have faction imbalance with this weapon. Its all about gameplay preference, and most players are much to selfish to accept anything which does not cater to theirs: friction

Max abilities fall into a similar mold. We dont want to get the same thing as the other 2 factions. these abilities, added new options, and complexity to max (and largely infantry) gameplay. The problem with the MAX abilities isnt their introduction into the game, its their disproportionate advantages. The TR lock-down is extremely situational, and has many downsides. The Zoe max's negative aspects seems quaint compared to the destructive power it brings, and the Agies shield is purely defensive. The introduction of MAX abilities was a good move, just the wrong method of implementation. A few tweaks here and there, and the MAX abilities will add a fun new dynamic to infantry gameplay.

ESRL's are great. Copy-paste MAX issues. The only real problem with the ESRL is the striker, and the striker isnt the problem, its the lock-on mechanic of the striker. A tweak here and there to the striker, and i doubt youd see much of ANY complaints about the ESRL. the phoenix still sucks lemons Due to its INCREDIBLY limited range, and LOW DPS (when flight time is calculated), but it CERTAINLY doesnt cause player contention, and actually has its place where it excels.

Basically, just because you dont see the advantages of something, doesnt mean it isnt there. the harasser has provided TONS of hours of fun for people. I love driving them, and I LOVE chewing them up in my vanny. Max abilities are seen everywhere because they are fun to use. the ZOE could use a toned down, but other than that, I enjoy fighting against these glowy purple fairys. I LOTHE the striker, but love my pheonix. Im not alone. A touch here, and dabble there, and every one will be having fun.

A car isnt BROKEN, when the oil leaks. It just needs some work, and we all want to drive cars.
  17. Raital

Meh. The harasser may be breaking the game further, but the game was already broken before the harasser, ESRLs, and MAX abilities were added.

The emphasis and reward of speed and offense, along with the denigration and punishment of defense and repulsion led to the wild zergs of empty-base capping being the smartest way to play the game. The harasser is simply another extension of the developers' desire to reward fast-paced twitch mechanics over solid tactics and maneuvering. In that, the ZOE MAX and the Harasser are virtually identical in their design philosophy; a design philosophy encouraged by the game mechanics to be the superior means of playing the game. It's also because this is the superior way to play the game that the NC is very much an unwelcome faction in the mix, having neither speed or DPS to set itself apart.

So if you see the game as being one of deliberate action and reaction, strategy and tactics, or of anything besides what it truly is, you would see these things as breaking the game. If you see the game as the developers see it, a game designed for attacks being rewarded and defense being punished, where fast base flipping of no real consequence is the intended outcome, where the fastest things that hit the hardest are the kings of the battlefield, then the Harasser and also the ZOE MAX are not breaking the game; they are emphasizing what the developers want this game to be. If anything it's not that the Harasser and the ZOE are broken; it's everything that doesn't behave in accordance with this design philosophy that's broken.
  18. Karion

I've gunned for them often enough to understand the vehicles ability. I have also fought them enough to see how much they can hurt.
    The vehicle is an awesome troop transport, especially for a smaller group of players. 2 infantry and a MAX means all you need to do is not flip the Harasser. Thats about the only thing that can ruin a devastating run (Hits bump at bad angle).

12 man squad. 4 Harassers. And these Harassers can time out up to 3x for a Hairyasser team.
  19. Karion

Skip to 3:38

"Regardless of class choice, you rarely feel limited, and you are often forced to give up one advantage to gain another."
    Unless its a harasser. He wasnt talking about driving anything right? Nonetheless Planetside was supposed to have a balance in the game.
    So logically speaking. The harasser should not be so fast if it has composite armour.
  20. tproter

Pay to win.
    Hackers with aimbots flying Liberators with Dalton cannons and one-shotting ESFs.
    A game that's hemorrhaging players.

These are things to worry about. Not harrassers.