MAX Flamethrowers are back.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Ned

Skip to 4:54
    • Up x 2
  2. RomulusX

3. Van Dax

they have stated before that they weren't happy with the flamethrowers mechanics and thats why they weren't released. We've known that they've been tweaking the mechanics for a while.
    • Up x 1
  4. Peebuddy

I remember flamethrowers, couldn't see a damn thing when someone uses it.

Maybe this is how they balance ZOE ADAD exploit, just fill the whole room with fire!
    • Up x 1
  5. JudgeDeath

They look awesome.

Really like the video series btw ... keep it up SOE !
  6. Pikachu

Last guy had too low volume on his talk. :L
  7. Flukeman62

time to get my firebat on
    • Up x 6
  8. Ash87

They Look good, but honestly, we should reserve opinion until we see them.

Just because they are flashy, doesn't mean they will be good.

They have a 400 ammo count on the vid. The big things for me are:
    1.) How do you take damage? Do you take a small amount of damage and it takes a few second of exposure to kill you, or does damage grow faster in rate the longer the flame is on you (Which I would call more realistic)?

2.) Do you stop taking damage when the flames come off of you? I would say you should probably get a little damage after the flames leave you to simulate your armor cooling down and the flames extinguishing

3.) Do you take damage like the old ones with no splash, or is the splash damage wide, but drops off dramatically the further away from the central flame (Again, I would call that more realistic).

4.) Does the max suite explode into a fireball when you kill it? Yeah, this one isn't a clincher, I just think it would be freaking awesome :)

I look forward to getting these and putting red camo on my ogre armor equipped Max suite (Wearing the collossus helmet) and making Star Craft references in yell chat for hours.

In reference to the video though, Very good, I actually understood what they were talking about somewhat. Not because they were talking about something I knew, but because the editting and the guys speaking were doing an extraordinary job of explaining things. Comparatively to the first vid that was done, that might as well have been in arabic, this was a vast improvement. Good job Optimization guys, keep up the good work :)
    • Up x 2
  9. Varennikov

I watched the end of that and it had a guy riding a motorcycle. That area looked really familiar to me so I looked SOE up. ROFL!! It is in San Diego. They are near the (old?) or the current big Sheriffs Department building. Didn't know PS2 was local :D Makes me love the game even more. This game gets better every time I log in. Cheers
    • Up x 1
  10. Peter Daniel

Give the flamethrowers exclusively to the NC....
    • Up x 1
  11. TheLazycop

Finally we get shotgun like AI weapons so we can door camp like the scatmax
  12. Tommyp2006

I still have nightmares about when ZOE flamethrowers were on the test server
    • Up x 3
  13. HadesR

ZOE with Flamethrowers ... That sounds balanced
    • Up x 3
  14. Peter Daniel

I honestly think they should give it to NC only... it would make NC interesting, their max need someting fresh (and hot) and flamethrowers are the NC thing...
    • Up x 1
  15. MykeMichail

And this is why they need to.remove ZOE and lockdown bonuses from NS weapons.
    • Up x 4
  16. Pirbi

They all ride motorcycles. How could this not end up cool? It's like the game is getting tweaked by Fonzie clones. They just need to hit the side of the PC like it's a jukebox.
    • Up x 1
  17. NinjaTurtle

Maybe this is the November thing they are releasing. They said they have something players have wanted for a while and this could fit the bill. Makes you wonder considering they have snuck them into this video

Only concern I have is this will likely give VS and TR a good CQC MAX weapon whilst NC still have no mid - long range AI weapon
  18. Pikachu

Flamers should be NC specific.
  19. huller

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  20. Liewec123

the need to change it to an area denial weapon that puts a damaging patch on the ground, just making it a CqC weapon that TR and VS would actually use would make it a great deal better than NC max AI since NC is already behind.
    i'm not changing this into a "qq nc" thread, i'm just pointing out that they need to change the machanics up so its not a straight upgrade to the entire NC max :p