A pro players guide to nerfing heavies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

So you are a hot shot engineer you can do everything. You got your UBGL and you are racking up the kills, suddenly a glowing man tears you apart. Time to nerf heavies.

Before you nerf heavies consider these things

1. A heavy has to choose between mitigation and speed. You are standing toe to toe with a vanguard.
    Do you:
    A. Pop your shields and rock n roll?
    B. Run away?

Now you pro support players will automatically think the shields are a win button here amirite?

Have you considered that when a heavy pops his shields then runs to cover he will likely be hit due to lag?

2. Heavies have to deal with autoshotty medics and grenade launching engineers.
    Heavies are supposed to be the first in the room. Boom! shotgun to your skull or a grenade to your chest. Wow aren't we supposed to be anti infantry?

3. Heavies are the cooldown for Maxes. Maxes pretty much do what heavies do and better. Esp the ZOE max.

4. Heavies are not the suppressive fire class, engineers are.
    Engineers AI turret does exactly what heavies are supposed to do. So do their rocket turrets.

5. LMGs are the weakest main slot weapons. The only reason they seem strong is that they have a huge clip allowing heavies to keep pressure on.

6. Heavies can only kill. Funny how if you can hurt tanks and infantry, whiners will say you can do everything. I guess medics can everything too.

7. Harrassers make heavies even more worthless in open areas. Massive omni directional composite armor and super speed. balanced

That concludes my guide to nerfing heavies. Feel free to add your own deep insight as to why you should be able to revive, heal other, fly, shoot turrets, have infinite ammo, hack, and still kill heavies easier.
    • Up x 11
  2. Trebb

I don't get it, is this a QQ about UBGL or HAs?

As someone who has a kill, maybe two with the UBGL I find that the HA shield doesn't stop my UBGL farmin!*

*this will change next patch with FLAK armor changes.
    • Up x 2
  3. Megaman3300

To all of you who say that HA shouldn't be nerfed, consider this: in their current state, a decent HA > an expert LA due to the "lolipopshield" mechanic. All that really needs to be done is prevent the HA from popping the shield while under fire, or make it so that the TTK of an HA with NW5 is LESS than the time it takes for him to pop the shield, because right now it isn't for over 3/4 of all guns in the game.
  4. Nocturnal7x

HA is so OP, literally only a few people can play HA too. Its not like just anyone can play an OP heavy.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bhudda V1

i don't see why people want to nerf the ha myself i feel it's a integral part of the ps2 experience especially for newbies giving them as much chance as a non resource requiring unit can have against everything player's will throw at them, also ha's should have a the good chance to win versus other infantry (excluding maxes) because that's all they do sacrificing all support capabilities for being a front line fighter and not having the great utility the jet pack give's to la's.

i don't see how this is unbalanced, the expert la knows that the ha can take him in a straight up fire fight it's why he's a la instead of a ha to get the drop on people and kill them before they have much of a chance to react, he traded survivability and the ha weapon load out for the la's loud out and the large chance he will get the drop on someone, also taking away the ha's shield under fire i feel is ridiculous if you do that then the shield would get a huge buff in exchange and have far longer duration and would throw the ha out of balance and in your mind i believe even more unbalanced.

if any of this seems hostile or angry it's not, i just don't understand the reason people make nerf thread's for the ha it's like nerfing ns weapon's because they still fire bullet's does not compute.
  6. Tommyp2006

Damn bill, I actually agree with you.
  7. Lagavulin

Yaaaaaawn. HA is not OP in any way, shape or form (spoken as someone who primarily plays LA). Not even slightly. Move on.
    • Up x 1
  8. phreec

Cheeeeeer! HA is OP in all ways, shapes and forms (spoken as someone who primarily plays CM). By a large margin. Stay here.
    • Up x 1
  9. Veraldrisz

God! This load of **** again seriously guys HA are not OP unless your moronic enough to charge headon face to face with one of them instead of flanking and head shotting them, Seriously... Do i need to make a copy past of what i said on another Noob thread who dosen't know how to play the game correctly?

Sickening me how many time a Noob say that HA is OP because THEY don't know how to play their classes correctly and go Solo instead of working with their team!

Heavy are here to take Damage and to give suppresive fires for Pete's sake now stop whining and look at the Tutorial video of your classes before going and pointing out like immature childs saying that HA are OP when they aren't OP is like saying Urk a durk! Infiltrator are OP with those Snipers! While playing HA most of my death are either because i got flanked or sniper! Do i whine? NO! So stop whining and play the game and accept the fact that your part of a huge *** zombie army if you whine because you don't know how to play this War simulation!
    • Up x 3
  10. S7rudL

I think any class can take on any other class if you use the if available advantages to your disposal against your opponents disadvantages (especially those who have no clue what so ever what they are supposed to do). Except for medic vs MAX.
  11. MrMurdok

Raaaaaant. HA is meant to be OP in many ways, shapes and forms as the standard head-on infantry class (spoken as someone who primarily plays Infiltrator). Sufficiently powerful. Turn in a circle.
    • Up x 2
  12. GWRaynor

The amount of people here that either A). Obviously didn't read the OP and only replied after reading the title or B). Can't interpret basic satire and logic is depressing.
    • Up x 8
  13. LibertyRevolution

I find that shooting them in the back of the head with a shotgun works wonders. ;)

TL;DR: Don't go headup vs a HA as non a HA or you should lose.
    • Up x 1
  14. Crator

Pro player? You get paid to play PS2?
    • Up x 3
  15. Conscripter

I just wish they weren't so good in small engagements. The shield is basically an I win button, and you can't run from fights in this game without dying behind a wall. Otherwise I'd never engage HA upfront.
  16. Redzy

I want an UBGL for my Orion. I see that as the only way of balancing this game.
    • Up x 2
  17. AnotherDave

This thread should be left to stew a little...
    • Up x 1
  18. Giggily

Yea having 2-3x the rounds in a clip is not advantageous at all, when will you guys learn that HA is the worst class???????
    • Up x 3
  19. WTSherman

The way I see it, the HA can't decide whether it wants to fight tanks or infantry. As a result an individual HA is not as good at either as it could be, but derives its power from the sheer spam of everyone picking HA regardless of the situation. This is only compounded when you add omni-target rocket launchers, like the Striker and (to a lesser extent) the Annihilator.
  20. Bill Hicks

Cant decide ? HUH ? YOU DO KNOW THAT THE ENGINEER CAN DO EVERYTHING A HA CAN DO AND MUCH MORE RITE?

sheer spam ? HUH? WHAT ABOUT MEDIC SPAM? ROCKET TURRET SPAM? SNIPER SPAM? TANK SPAM ESF SPAM?

You have no idea what you are talking about.