Leaderboars, top kills, all TR?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Sep 24, 2013.

1. DashRendar

He hasn't played in over 60 days. He's still on the leaderboard because people haven't caught up to him yet. It's sick.
    • Up x 1
  2. GamerOS

And you're cleverly trying to derail the topic into some 'everyone is biased againt TR QQ' topic like always.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. Van Dax

love how you count time played, least important stat.
    • Up x 2
  4. WycliffSlim

I think we should address the fact that Waterson only has 1 player the in the top 10 kill and top 10 score.
    Waterson UP... buff plz?

All time stats don't tell you anything about how balanced a particular faction is, just who plays the most.

No, if you gave us a long term breakdown of daily/weekly stats for empires you might start to build a case.
  5. sustainedfire

What is highlighted in this thread is that at the launch of the game, people bought the overpowered vehicle weapons, and harvested the massive amount of players that were just bumbling around the game learning how to play.

Liberators, rocketpods, other guns that were insanely good. The player in the top kills do not even play any longer, that's how insane some of the weaponry was and with a massive amount of targets it was simple for them to get such high numbers of kills. Liberator bombing the small spawn rooms net a ton of kills.
    • Up x 6
  6. Vixxing

I think "most time played" stats tell who played the most...
  7. CptFirelord

Boursk just killwhores.. I rarely see him out of his tank :p
  8. WycliffSlim

Let me rephrase, people who farm the most for long periods of time.

Well played though ;)
  9. MorganM

Seems like that would matter but it doesn't. Lots of ppl just idle online not even killing anything. Thats why very very few of those 'most time played' ppl are on the highest score or most kills.

It's not about how long you play but how effective you are at racking up points in the shortest amount of time.
  10. MorganM

Not sure why it matters if anyone has heard of those ppl on the leaderboards. Take Sinist for example; you've prolly never heard of him because you don't play Waterson. Nothing wrong with that and has no bearing on his skill or if he's legit or not.

That said; I've gamed with him and watched his Twitch stream many times. He's legit; it's all skill. In fact he hates cheaters. No it's not all mosquito kills either; he spends plenty of time as infantry owning ppl just the same.
    • Up x 2
  11. Aegie

[points out this kind of data has been around since the beginning and overall TR>VS>NC]
    [rants about how no one cares]
    • Up x 1
  12. Vixxing

I didnt state an opinion i stated a fact...
  13. CDN_Wolvie

Huh, he has a stream? Care to link? Maybe I'll have more fun watching someone else play than actually playing the game.
  14. Heero

But... What if Daddy's favorite colour was Blue? I presume he wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the leaderboard as farming kills with a Reaver is pretty much impossible even if you play 24/7 like Daddy right? ;)
  15. Zotamedu

Well he did treat the game like a full time job with crazy overtime. Many of those on that list averages 7 or 8 hours a day. There's not that many people who are so devoid of a life that they can spend that much time on a computer game.
    • Up x 1
  16. HooWoo

Guess what, Briggs has none!
    • Up x 1
  17. LT_Latency

18. MajiinBuu

But I already bought chips and soda!
  19. Aegie

[points out how the joke is always something]
    [points to mountains of other data with enormous sample sizes that are continuously ignored]
  20. Van Dax

[points out that the good data is not what he used, using bad data doesn't prove anything]