I didn't get a boost and I'm proud of it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JENKMAN, Sep 23, 2013.

1. JENKMAN

I don't have a TR account and i'll probably never get around to making one.

I am VS loyal, and though the TR had won the first week's event, my faction WON our server. 3 day dirty boost isnt worth the time and effort rallying my guys together to win every alert we can get our hands on

So here's to you TR, take your boost and your dignity with you.

How many of you forgone the petty boost for your faction loyalty! Speak up brothers, let your voices be heard that WE STILL DON'T NEED YOUR HANDICAPS. I dont even care for official recognition, the score is there and awe-inspiring for everyone to see.

VS DOMINATES CONNERY.

Bring on the next challenge ;)
    • Up x 8
  2. BigMacDeez

VS OVERPOPS CONNERY
  3. JENKMAN

oh yeah? check the pops now, dont worry you dont have to take a screen shot till it's 3 am again... :rolleyes:
  4. PapaMojo

I did, but I won't anymore. I'm dusting off the BR5 TR and getting my xp boosts on.

That being said, they will only be activated on my VS main. :)
  5. BigMacDeez

I just have to wait until the next alert, not 3am.
  6. Sen7rygun

Faction pride! Alternative lifestyle pride! Pseudo religious zealot pride! Super advanced hover tanks that are still strangely lacking rotating turrets pride!
  7. JENKMAN

Still feels dirty don't you think?

Hell I have half a mind to hold my own contest for my outfit and have a SC prize grab for it. In fact i'll start organizing one for this next week.

If SOE wont inspire playing the underdog faction, then I suppose it's up to the outfit leaders to do so.

1500 SC contest, modest but WILL buy more boosts than a 3 day.
  8. 7303

Well, all it takes is 15 seconds to log into a fresh TR account to get a boost that you can use for your VS main. Doesn't require any actual playtime at all. The 1 minute of playtime on my TR alt this week is sure worth the 3 day boost for my NC.
  9. Eugenitor

Goddamn it Jenkman why do you make me want to pick up my SVA-88 again.

Despite the advice I gave on another thread, I didn't actually make a TR alt (wasn't too keen on the steel wool scrubbing I'd have to give myself afterwards).

Of course it's going to be MUCH harder this time around due to the demoralization and the cert-happy zerglings who thought they had to put their fourth-faction boost on their TR character.

**** it, back once more into the fray I suppose. But damn if SOE is getting any more of my *money* for pulling this.
  10. JENKMAN

Funny how it's like that eh? Being under popped between alerts is a sign, look into it.
  11. JENKMAN

Oh they are making money, but I'm not gonna stoop to such a low level to get a free boost. I'll buy them myself and give it to my OUTFIT guys for being loyal and kicking ***. I dont need a free boost to inspire them.
  12. PapaMojo

Yeah, but this is how SoE set it up. Don't worry, I'll be out there with my main flailing about as well....but as long as SoE is essentially incentivizing 4th factioning, then who am I say to say "No game company, do not give me free xp."

And TBH, we're not the underpop anymore (we were a few months ago), but we're not so heavily overpop as people think. I know last night the fourth faction played TR during the Tech Plant alert, so....sometimes VS is high pop, sometimes TR is, and every once in a while, NC and VS are tied (during a few points on Sunday anyways).

But, until SoE is willing to reward faction loyalty beyond 4th factioning, the smart thing in an event like this is to put a little time of wearing red in, and then using the boost on my main. It's silly meta-game behavior, but that's how SoE is telling us to get rewards.

Go Vanu Conglomerate Republic!
  13. BigMacDeez

Vague response. Elaborate.
  14. JENKMAN

Currently TR have dominating pop last time I logged in ( 5 mins ago)

It's obvious (and Im way over generalizing) TR and NC have pop advantage in between alerts but when they do actually start, be it global or continent, the lack the coordination or global leadership to keep said population in the first half of the alert. Why? because either the whole faction isnt paying attention and just farming certs or a smaller portion cuts off and actually tries for the morale of their team.

IMHO it's either you have the whole faction on board or you don't and when things start to splinter, they'll go for the faction that has their eyes on the objective. Push comes to shove and usually it takes a good hour to really start seeing the 4th faction roll in but sometimes not right away. Near primetime 4th faction barely represents 1% world pop, real insignificant.

So it's a snowball effect, we grab the extra people (and really this goes for any faction who starts off in first right off the bat) and they linger on after the alert and clean up territories for us and go back to regular grind, but on our side

You complain about overpop because our JP squads at late night and morning, but you guys have a significant JP presence too
  15. Sodajet

• Up x 1
  16. Fred da Kiko

TR master race.
  17. Geneaux

I don't think anyone cares. All factions included.
    • Up x 2
  18. PlanetPsycho

I don't usually post, but I MUST post here. JENKMAN is an annoying idiot and I ask that no one consider him a representation of VS Connery. It's bad enough we have to listen to his constant music spam and juvenile attempt to thwart command. Now he's posting here a bunch of generalizations and "please look at me" posts. Even calling us "the underdog empire" FFS? JENK is our meatshields and we appreciate it. Keep getting wasted on your Steel Reserve and having dance parties. The real work horses of the empire are not begging for attention, nor do we take credit for victories that are mostly won by others.

"Boo hoo, we have JPN at night, yet so does everyone else" *sniff sniff* You sound like such a hypocrit.
    • Up x 2
  19. HadesR

I have a BR 11 TR test toon .. But I didn't log into it during last week and I will not log into it to claim a boost .. If I don't win it on my main I don't feel I deserve it just by logging an alt.
  20. Czuuk

Well you play on a server where your chosen faction has the advantage. But good for you for your loyalty. I on the other hand hand will milk the free boosts until the cows come home. And to be absolutely truthful, I hate the TR. ;)

But I do like to fly a mossie every now and then. And the guns are so easy...