TR = Hardmode

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OriginalPodster, Sep 23, 2013.

1. OriginalPodster

This was certainly true in PS1, I'm not so sure it is now. I think it has been though in PS2.

Forumside is quite anti-TR at the moment, but I don't know if it's because of the TR weapons or TR population imbalance. What say you?
  2. gigastar

[IMG]

Dare you open it?
    • Up x 15
  3. Shanther

TR != Hardmode.

Best tank
    Strikers
    Vulcan
    Marauder
    Fracture MAXs (nerfed a bit but still good)
    Crazy good ESF

You infantry weapons are also good

TAR
    TMG50
    Carv
    Jaguar
    • Up x 12
  4. Mr_Giggles

Well this thread has certainly been informative
    • Up x 5
  5. NoXousX

What do TR have? all of the above

What do VS have?
    Zoe

What do NC have?
    OP tank shield
    Scat/hacksaw
    • Up x 2
  6. Andy79

force a 1 hour truce between the severely outnumbered factions, if 1 faction has > 50 % pop , continent specific of course
    • Up x 1
  7. OriginalPodster

I think people may be exaggerating weapon advantages due to population imbalance. That's the point I was trying to suggest. Can it really be true that SOE have created advantages for TR in Tanks, ESF, Weapons, MAX?
    • Up x 3
  8. CptFirelord

It's my belief we're not exceptionally UP, we've got a few things that are obviously too good, and quite a few things that are obviously lacking in all departments. (Vulcan-H being quite strong, and a few of our LMGs such as the Bull or T9 being terrible as well as Lockdown). We could be hardmode simply from the skill requirement to play and use the things given to the TR, but then you could argue the NC would be rather hard since their weapons have worse vertical recoil, the Vanny fires slow (but deals an *** load of damage), and the lack of any real range on their MAX suits. I think it's universal that VS are easymode, especially since ZOE hasn't been changed.
  9. Regpuppy

...Both? Not really for infantry weapons, but because the striker -was- a monster for the other factions to deal with before the lock-on nerf. Vulcans are still scary on harassers because they wreck in harasser vs harasser fights and, along with other empire specific weapons, shouldn't be on the harasser in general. None of them were balance with the harasser in mind and it breaks the rules/precedent set by the prior 3 NS vehicles that there are no empire specific weapons on them.

The rest of it currently is about the pop. Which they could've gotten for numerous reasons like large personalities endorsing/making it popular after launch, the color combo red/black, the perception as the "bad guys" because being bad is cool, the perception of being an "organized military" because being 1337 is cool, the other factions "unpopular" color combos purple/teal blue/yellow, snowballing from them having more pop, more representation on certain mediums, more cake and cookies, and the perception that they're overpowered.
    • Up x 2
  10. KenDelta

Players don't get any "Difficulty" meter when they pick a faction , unless they changed that cuz I didn't make a char for the past 3 months :O
  11. Shanther

I will never understand why people insist VS are easy mode when the only thing we have that can be considered OP is ZOE. Which is funny because the simple solution to ZOE is to just shoot at the MAX.
    • Up x 3
  12. CptFirelord

TL;DR Opinions =/= facts.
    • Up x 4
  13. Aegie

[posts API data showing TR>VS>NC overall since launch]
    • Up x 1
  14. Metaltoys

[IMG]
    • Up x 20
  15. Aegie

[rants about facts and stats]
    [realizes OP must be trolling]
    [posts obligatory rating out of 10]
    • Up x 2
  16. Andehh

TR = hardmode!? Give me a ******* break.
    • Up x 3
  17. gigastar

Vintage November 2012.
    • Up x 2
  18. Calador

Nice try trolling us OP
    • Up x 2
  19. MykeMichail

VS weapons are by far the easiest to control. I think that is what brings the 'VS are easy mode' comments.
    • Up x 2
  20. Metaltoys

And still accurate to date.
    • Up x 5