[liberators] any reason to use the shredder?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarioPIe, Sep 17, 2013.

1. MarioPIe

i love the idea of the liberator but what does the shredder provide to the field that the dalton or zepher doesn't already provide
    dalton can deal armor very effectively
    zephr can kill light armor and infantry.
    so tell me. what does the shredder do better than other lib guns?
  2. KenDelta

Shredder has better AA chances , shredder can pretty much **** armor and forgives much more than the dalton , is effective aganist infantry but not as effective as zepher , reason I would pick a Shredder over a dalton is if I know I'll be facing a lot of ESFs.

It can be classified as a all-rounded weapon if we take into notice Dalton's reload speed and Zepher's 6clip mag and nerf on HE/Splash

Tutorial on how to use a zepher : show dem da belly.
  3. nooblet91698

it has a bigger magazine and higher rate of fire. The reason why nobody likes it is because it is a flyng machine gun; its really hard to aim and does almost no damage to vehicles. A good lib pilot can turn the shrdder into an anti air gun. But other than that, teh gun is useless.
  4. Locke

The Shredder is amazing against vehicles! It's one of those guns that really gets a lot better the more certs you put into it. Many people just straight out assume that because you buy the Zepher and Dalton they are straight "upgrades" but like most stuff in this game when you learn how to use the Shredder properly (gunner and pilot) and invest the certs it's very powerful.

If it has one downfall it's that it is not as good against infantry which makes it unadaptable is why most people go for Dalton.
    • Up x 2
  5. Van Dax

Shredder is amazing and fun, hard to use though because of the steep dropoff and damn near invisible tracers(crosshair means nothing when moving.
  6. axiom537

Shredder is a beast, especially if you play low to the ground. It takes like one clip to destroy an AMS. It is an under utilized weapon, but if you know who to fly low, when you get over a vehicle it dies, its pretty good against infantry as well. Trick is to stay close to the ground and know when it is time to bug out and especially keep an eye out for AP rounds as they will ruin your day real fast.
  7. Archverse

Actually i tested this on VR.. if a good gunner knows what he is doing.. Shredder can actually kill even heavy vehicles faster then Dalton if the Pilot puts out some Certs into it.
  8. Pikachu

Shredder has second highest DPS of all vehicle weapons. Only tankbuster is higher. It's just very hard to hit with all those bullets you're spraying.
    • Up x 1
  9. GhostAvatar

At lower altitudes the Shredder will outperform both the Dalton and Zepher in both their specific roles. And when I say outperform... it can kill a full health Vanguard almost three times faster than a max certed reload Dalton. It is basically another tank buster on the underside of your Lib. And you can kill quite a lot of infantry with a single mag, as it only takes 3-4 shots (depending on Nanoweave) and has decent splash damage on top of that. It is also accurate and suffers from very little bullet drop, which makes it an easy weapon to use (just need to lead them shot). Plus it is also very good at taking out those pesky ESFs.

But like the Tank Buster, it made very much ineffective at range due to the damage fall off. Best thing is to try it out in VR with a teammate at varying altitudes.
  10. Sen7rygun

The shredder is totally bad*ss. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about and/or suffers from Cawadoodie AC130 syndrome.

The shredder tears infantry to pieces, is a beast anti air weapon and can out dps any form of anti aircraft weapon in tthe game in a 1v1 situation. When I'm operating the shredder with my mates we frequently just park over AA turrets and trade ammo with them until they're wreckage then laugh about it as we auto repair and go looking for our next targets. Same goes for skyguards and burster maxes.

A shredder with high level extended magazines can take out lightings in one pass or less, tanks in one mag when hitting from the rear quarters, and sunderers with just over a single mag.

It can be difficult keeping fire on target, but zoom optics makes it a lot easier to follow the tracers. IR sights are really meant for visually challenged people anyway.

I'd have to check the numbers but I'm fairly sure the shredder is the highest sustained dps weapon in the game (i can guarantee it's in the top 2 or 3).

Tl;dr - There are two types of people. People who think the shredder is an awesome piece of highly underrated equipment, and people who don't know wtf they're talking about.
  11. Blarg20011

Wut?
  12. MarioPIe

okay, so basically, best for a low fly-by
    basically, a new pilot's worst fear
  13. Notih8Darian

The zepher has a 6 clip mag?
  14. Blarg20011

Apparently, just trying to figure out exactly how that would work.
  15. Notih8Darian

So I take it you never gunned a zepher lib?
    If not and you're curious on how it works, there's plenty of youtube videos to see
  16. Blarg20011

Uhhh yeah.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. Notih8Darian

It's different for vehicles.
  18. Flashtirade

6 rounds in a clip
    6 clips in a mag

I don't want to pull out the times table.
  19. Blarg20011

Yeah I don't think it works like that. 6 rounds per magazine sure, but not six clips per magazine.
  20. Verisimilituder