World Domination Participation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Czuuk, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Czuuk

What exactly constitutes participation with the winning faction? How long do you have to play on the winning faction each week in order to win the rewards? Is this going to help us or hurt us if we play as an underpopulated faction?
  2. Czuuk

No one knows or no one cares? I have never played my TR on Waterson except to fly Juggernaut's mossie or to grief hackers. But you can be sure I will be 4th factioning to win weekly bonus and super 1337 camo.
  3. ViXeN

I refuse to 4th faction, I'm sticking with Vanu the whole time, win or lose.
    • Up x 4
  4. Czuuk

Highly admirable. There's just no way to beat the off hours pop advantage and free boosts are free boosts. I may end up too lazy to carry through on my threats though. ;)
  5. ItsJustDash

Getting mah Reaver prepped. Going to put in some XP boosts and let's hit 100!
    • Up x 2
  6. CaligoIllioneus

This will be hard but I think I will stick to the Vanu during this event...yes, I will. Damn event.
    • Up x 2
  7. ItsJustDash

Maybe the NC and the VS will play smart and just focus on the TR =\
    • Up x 4
  8. Regpuppy

I'm personally in the category of not letting myself worry about it. I think the event is ridiculous, but I've resigned myself to just enjoying the game in spite of this cheeseball event. There's absolutely nothing that can be done if this counts off-hours/all-servers since even with an outfits best attempts. They cannot beat a faction with high non-primetime population and/or the ability to flood at least two of three continents with full population. No matter which way they do it, it's out of the hands of underpop faction outfits.

I'm washing my hands of it before it even starts. To save myself any frustration or disappointment.
    • Up x 1
  9. IamDH

I dont know but i guess it just means being present or aiding in some caps
    • Up x 1
  10. Czuuk

Just doesn't seem to be particularly well thought out. Seems like it is only going to encourage 4th factioning.
  11. ItsJustDash

Also encourages the ghost cappers at 4 in the morning
  12. RedDeadVirgo

This tactic will only serve the TR in victory.
  13. IamDH

Same applies to alerts.
  14. ThommiX

Going to stay as VS. No point adding to the problem by 4th factioning.
    In the end, its points from ALL servers that matter,not just one.
    See how it turns out before dooming it...
  15. Hatamoto

Its as if they want to loose players ... if thats the case this event will work wonders
  16. Sovereign533

If I wasn't in the outfit I'm currently in, I would seriously quit playing this week.
    I quit playing every time I'm not in an outfit squad and an alert hits anyway. This is just 1 step further.
  17. Xale

More than a few are saying Miller NC should just take a break from the game a few weeks.

It's no secret that any "incentives" for underpopulated will completely fail to address the problem, because they refuse to tackle what causes the problem, and the consequences of it which further enhances the problem. Aka lipstick on a pig.
  18. Czuuk

What causes the problem?
  19. ViXeN

Oh I understand why people are going to 4th faction in this one. Its hard to pass up on the prizes. I don't really care too much about them though. I'm fine with just having more people to kill for certs. :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Eugenitor

At least they gave me a reason to play this game again...

(Did you know it's possible for a few guys, not even in contact with each other, to ghost a whole empire- both territory and population- off a continent in the early morning?)