Heavy assault + resist shield + ( Ar/SMG like LMG ) are seriously OP and imbalanced ...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Stew360

HA class as always been the OP classes in this game when it come to infantry combat , a poor player with heavy class will do good at least 1 kill every death ... but a average or a good player will be outstanding with it and will most of the time win any 1 vs 1 fight ... peoples could say Hey you need to be more than 1 to kill an HA and should never win a 1 vs 1 but this is wrong ...

HA have acess to

Shotguns
    Assault riffle like LMG like the ( orion , NS-15M etc... )
    LMG with up to 200 shot magazine size
    Heavy weapons
    Rocketlaunchers
    Submachine guns

Resistshield ( all ha shield )
    Medical hit
    restoration kit
    C4

HA speed are pretty much as fast as any others classes beside the LA with the sprint boost suit

HA become a 2200 + hitpoint target , so no matter how good your aim his , Only lag compensation exploits , or playing agains a really bad HA player or getting the jump on them could maybe grant you the kill on them

Playing as a HA is a piece of cake and basically a BAD joke

nanoweave and resistshield + all the options available to the HA make them WAY to good in infantry combat and basically force players to play as much HA as well

HA classes as No restriction , unlike vehicules and maxs , HA classes can be revive at full health , HA classes need 2X more damage to be kill but kill in 0.5 , and especially with weapons like NS-15M or the Orion or the LA1 anchor etc... those LMG with 50 shot who are basically Better Assault riffles

HA classes arent a Heavy classes like in team fortress , they are as agile pretty much as any classes they arent limited to a specific type of weapons that are balancing the whole classes in Speed /weaponry /etc..

HA classes is one of the most imbalanced classes in this game and is a true pain in term of infantry balance

IF a squad decide to spam a 12 HA squad the only conter to that will be pretty much as much HA , but forcing player into a suits slots or into a classes isnt balance its imbalance ...

HA shield as to be Tone down a lots or replace by something else , Nanoweave as to be remoove across the board

HA shield should give only better resistance to explosive and not firearms so they can furfill their roles of anti vehicules classes
    • Up x 8
  2. Blarg20011

Oh stew, how I have missed you and your enlightened threads. To be honest, I almost agree with you this time. If you spelled everything correctly, made coherent sentences, and used a little less size 7 bold print, that almost might even be elevated to mostly.
    • Up x 21
  3. ExquisitExamplE

Let me tell you a little story about acting. I was doing this Showtime movie—Hot Ice with Anne Archer—never once touched my per diem. I’d go to Craft Service, get some raw veggies, bacon, Cup-A-Soup— baby, I got a stew going.
    • Up x 27
  4. Mr_Giggles

The entire issue with this is that huge bold part at the bottom. HA's aren't strictly anti-vehicle. That would like saying that the engineer is anti-vehicle because we pack an AV turret, AV mines, and C4. But both classes also wield anti-infantry weapons as well.
    The HA is what he because he IS the front line soldier. They are supposed to be the ones who take the brunt of the damage when storming a base.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gouger

Heavy Assault is supposed to be the best at infantry combat.
    • Up x 15
  6. Syphers

The nanite mesh shield is kinda alright downright easy mode but not too bad imo, the resist shield is ridiculous though
    • Up x 1
  7. Tommyp2006

exactly, that's the entire point. If you are trying to engage a heavy head on 1v1, and not using your class to it's advantage, you deserve to lose.

What I'm saying, is if you are going to play other classes like heavy assault, why not just play heavy assault?
    • Up x 16
  8. Ender

HA is meant for taking damage/dishing out. In that respect it is not broken. They probably should be restricted in some more ways as far as vehicles go though (Should not be Vehicle Pilots save the flash). Their agility could stand to take a small nerf as well. If there were only something like a stamina stat or some such stuff.... I think there was a game in the past that did this a decent way...what was the name of that game again?
    • Up x 4
  9. LowTechKiller

Wow...! I maybe...yep, I actually think I agree with one tiny point being made by Canada Stew.

I actually agree that the Heavy Assault class should be a bit slower than the other infantry classes.

I do not, however, agree that they need any of the other modifications. After all, they're equipped heavily to fulfill a specific battlefield roll, which isn't just anti-vehicle. The heavy tank is slower than the Lightning tank, but should it also have less armor? Of course not...it's a "heavy" tank. The same applies to the assault class of soldier.
    • Up x 5
  10. NinjaTurtle

I kind of dislike the "I win button ability" once a HA pops that shield, if they have it combined with Nanoweave they are very hard to take down for most classes unless they aren't a very good shot.
    • Up x 1
  11. VanuSovereignty

Stew is not wrong.
    • Up x 1
  12. NinjaTurtle

^ This

And infiltrator should be faster imo
    • Up x 9
  13. umbrellapower

Resist Shield + Nanoweave 5 is one of the cheesiest things in this game. The shield needs some serious tweaking, IMO, but it does hide the fact that unshielded HAs will get mowed down by guns such as the GD-7F, Serpent, TAR or GD-22 which do dish out damage that no LMG can match. Then again, LMGs shouldn't be so effective in close quarters as they are now.
    • Up x 3
  14. BoomBoom4You

I just read Stew's threads to laugh at how ridiculous and incomprehensible they are. HA is a class enjoyed by all empires, so there are no balance issues from that perspective.

The other classes are called "support" roles for a reason and were not meant to "win" a 1v1 vs. a heavy, all else being equal. Of course, all else is NOT equal, which is where skill, weapon choice, etc. comes into play. I often take down heavies with other classes, but if I think I'm going to be going up against a HA, guess what--I pull my HA loadout!
    • Up x 1
  15. Syrathin

I would agree with you if this were a game about dueling 1vs1 but it isn't. I've killed plenty of HA's with other classes and never felt I was at a disadvantage...Mostly because I didn't stand still and trade fire with them like a lummox. I used the advantages the other classes offer to counter the advantage the HA gets with his shield.

A lot of the complaints about HA seem to gloss over the point that you have to have the shield activated at the time you're taking damage. With the low TTK in this game activating it after someone opens up on you is usually too late for it to save you particularly with resist shield. Also when it's activated your movement is slowed seriously limiting your ability to dodge or gain cover, I will agree it is an easier class to play than others but that doesn't make it OP.
    • Up x 6
  16. Klondik3

/thread
    • Up x 2
  17. Stew360

Balancing weapons or classes isnt related to their availability , but to their efficiency

This game as to be balance not just between empire but between weapons , classes , ranges , suits slots etc..etc..etc..

I think you missinterpret what ( BALANCE ) mean
    • Up x 2
  18. MorganM

Just because you think it's an AV class doesn't mean it is. I use my ENG for anti infantry just as much as anti vehicle. I kill way more infantry with my HA than vehicles.

HA is SUPPOSED to survive where your whimpy little infiltrators and light assaults were mowed down. They aren't the anti vehicle class... they are the anti everything class. They are the meat shield your combat medic stays behind.

Do I get fruastrated in a 1vs1 gun fight where the HA wins because he had a shield? Sure... but it's not broken. It's not OP.

If HA is so godly why doesn't every squad roll 12 of them?
    Because they aren't as awesome as you make them out to be. It's all in your head bro.
    • Up x 9
  19. LowTechKiller

This,

And this.
  20. Ronin Oni

[IMG]
    • Up x 12