Strikers and the numbers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Haterade

I swear, every time I say I wish my outfit had access to the Lancer, people think I'm some sort of double-agent trying to downplay the Striker's supposed OPness. If my outfit had the Lancer, we'd make people cry glorious tears.
    • Up x 2
  2. Haterade

The fix for the Pheonix was rebalancing some numbers. The Striker fix relies on rewriting the entire projectiles code (which, in case you don't realize, is a mission-critical system and therefore must be handled with extreme care). Completely the same thing.
    • Up x 3
  3. Cinnamon

In terms of interpreting this data.

The only really anomalous thing about the ESF performance seems to be that rocket pods are more effective against infantry on mosquito than the others. I guess that could be down to air superiority thanks to striker or it could just be that there are some rocket pod farmers who play TR who are so tireless they skew the stats. Or mosquito pods could just be easier to farm with. It's not exactly damning evidence for me.

Prowler has always allowed you to get more infantry kills than other tanks because it takes two shots. The stats say nothing about length of time for kills or tank v tank performance which would be more informative.

And harasser anyone with basic observational skills could tell you that their empire specific weapons were better at dealing with infantry at close range. Again no interesting data on other types of performance is available and the generic weapons all seem to perform similarly in terms of kills.

You see nothing interesting in the lightening data maybe because striker has no noticeable effect overall on vehicle performance across empires and that other AV options are good enough to keep them in check anyway?
  4. Hoki

I blame nanoweave and C4
  5. Malebranche

The lancer is a game breaker? How so?
  6. Aegie

The issue with the Striker is not necessarily in the Striker stats. The issue is that the Striker is an Annihilator with more damage and versatility. The end result is that all TR vehicles see significant gains because those vehicles have infantry that can provide really good anti-vehicle support so flying a Mossie>>Reaver/Scythe because TR does not have to worry about Strikers whil NC/VS do, driving a Prowler >>Vanguard/Magrider, TR Lightning >> NC/VS, TR Lib >> NC/VS, TR Galaxy >> NC/VS, TR harasser >> NC/VS all for the same reason.

This is also forgetting that the only areas where TR have not outperformed NC/VS were MBTs (until they nerfed the Magrider and now the Prowler tops the stats) and Maxs (until they nerfed the NC max and brought in ZOE).

Overall, TR have been outperforming NC/VS in almost every area for almost a year.
    • Up x 6
  7. Pozidriv

Yup, America is dominate! Because instead of making a game Higby is going on a personal power trip, because YEEHAW!!!

What conspiracy site did you flop down from again?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. axiom537

Believe the statistics or not, but the striker is the best lock-on weapon in this game hands down and it targets both Air and ground vehicles, and it is making a huge impact on both NC & VS vehicles, just like the Annihilator did. The true power of this weapon is not so much the damage it does or even the kill count, The true power is that once you enter an area with a TR presence you immediately begin to get lock-on warnings and as such you must immediately react. Even with out shooting at a vehicle the striker is forcing that vehicle to deploy flairs, pop smoke or change direction and this is ALL done without even firing a shot, rendering or exposing your position.

And I agree with the correlation, because I have experienced myself. Go ahead and fly each ESF from each faction. You can not stay over any territory with a TR presence for more then a few seconds, before you need to bug out. VS is a little better, but ZOE Bursters and the AA Sniping from the lancer, still make it difficult. But go ahead and fly over NC territory and the only threat you will face is a skyguard or an occasional burster, which are easily avoided and then destroyed.

All of you can deny there is a problem all you like, but it exists. I do not thinking nerfing the striker till it is worthless is the answer, but again that is the only option as long as it is a lock-on weapon. If the Annihilator pre-nerf was OP then the Striker is even more OP, because it is exactly the same as the pre-nerf striker, yet it is only available to one faction.
    • Up x 7
  9. Meliorist

Statistical evidence doesn't mean anything. Anectodal evidence doesn't mean anything either. Everything is fine and balanced, frankly you should just learn to play.
    • Up x 1
  10. Aegie

Sounds like you know this for a fact. Have you done a lot of programming?

So, other RLs have this problem? Or is just a Striker issue?

TR has been outperforming the other factions in almost every category since release- only categories where they were outshined were MBTs (pre Mag nerf) and Maxs (pre NC nerf) but I suppose those "problems" have been addressed.

My point is only that as TR it may be difficult to understand why this issue is so upsetting but that is also likely related to how well TR perform as a faction. If your faction is outperforming the other factions for a long time in most categories then it stands to reason those other factions may take issue with equipment that is not only outperforming but doing so in part because of a broken mechanic, let alone that the resultant effect is a de facto buff to all TR vehicles (some of which were already outperforming other factions' counterparts).
    • Up x 2
  11. Vixxing

Its not just noclipping... its the weapon itself... for all other empires lock-on launchers do LESS damage than dumbfires (cause of ease of use) Yet Striker does MORE damage than the best dumbfire (2500 Decimator=2000)
    Why on gods green earth would you give ONE empire a lock-on that do more damage than the other empires dumbfires?
    • Up x 4
  12. Goretzu

Striker isn't as much about the kills as it is about utter air and significant ground dominance.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pozidriv

Actually on the PTS Update changelog a dev commented that it was "dangeroso" code to touch. See here.
    • Up x 1
  14. Fang7.62

We'll see how FNW III wll end after the lockon changes will go live but for now I agree Striker makes driving/flying against TR pain in the a** thus making the life of their vehicles much easier as if Marauder and Vulcan on harrasers werent over the top alone. TR reaction: nah its fine trololol. Nerfwar, nerfwar never changes.
    • Up x 1
  15. KAHR-Alpha

On a scale from 1 to 10, how silly do you think your ignorance of damage modifiers makes you look?
  16. Slandebande

It's a well known fact they tested out some new guidance mechanisms with the Striker, which lead to the bugged state. Coupled with the fact that the massive whine about the Striker doesn't include the others, that would make it reasonable to assume they are working off 2 different codes. Hell, I'm no computer-wizz, but that makes sense to me. And what sounds harder; Changing a number in a few text files, or altering the code itself which could have much further reaching implications than now? A code which SoE has said is risky to mess around with.

For the same reason the Lancer can hit targets neither the dumbfires nor the lock-ons (including the Striker) can hit. Also, the Striker has to hit all 5 rounds to do that damage, and once the bugs are fixed that isn't a given. Even in this bugged state I only have around 65-70% accuracy with the thing. Furthermore, it actually has a counter (smoke/flares), provided they make them work again properly of course. (I heard good things about the test server changes; unsure though as I haven't checked for myself).

Personally, and ESPECIALLY after the bugs are fixed, I would take the Lancer any day over the Striker. If not just for effectiveness, also for the fun-factor.
  17. Goretzu

So you're agreeing TR are just better in two cases and in one case are just better, but maybe (possibly) it might be because inexplicably TR lolpodders are for some reason "better" (or equally that Mozi and/or Striker is better). :confused:
    • Up x 1
  18. Nolenag

Damage/resistance types. The Striker does more damage against vehicles than the Decimator but the Decimator does more damage against aircraft. It's not a lock on, granted, but I just want to clear up the misconception spawned by random idiots spouting damage values without taking damage and resistance types in account.
  19. Aegie

Fair enough and thanks for providing a link. Still, while it may be preferrable for players to try and keep quite and let the game roll there is some very real evidence that the game would be junk without player input (think flinch). Some of these things should have been slap in the face obvious while they were building the game (i.e. pre-Alpha) like flinch and having ADS scopes that actually aim to the center of the COF.

We have to place the frustration with the Striker in the larger context as well. If the Striker was the only thing that TR had going for it then I would be people would not be nearly as frustrated but TR was outperforming the other factions in most (if not all) areas prior to the ESRL (and had been pretty much since launch outside of MBTs, until Mag nerf, and Maxs, until NC nerf). They also "won" the only real event that PS2 has hosted because they recieved the most votes.

Combine all this with the 4+ month pre-flinch where high ROF was hands down the king and the fact that the game is still extremely biased towards CQC hipfiring (precisely where TR excels) and yeah the other faction loyalists are going to get sick things and the forums are just evidence of that frustration.
    • Up x 1
  20. MrK

TTK in a group can easily be down to 0 or 4 seconds, without a single warning, with high precision and insane range. It's good thing for TR/NC that VS think it is UP.