RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 41

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]

This week on Friday Night Ops:
    • Hosts: Margaret "Luperza" Krohn and Sterling "Hamma" Hammer
    • New! Discussion Panel: Lead by Maximilian "Aetrion" Schramm
    • Community Play Session: Join Luperza whilst we try to dominate a server! This week, we'll be checking out Terran Republic on Waterson.
    Don't forget to redeem your "EQNVEHICLEDECAL" code!!

Where:

When: 08/16/2013 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: Waterson
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, @PurrfectStorm and @CDLHamma

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
  2. blueangleofdeath

I can't wait!! Glad I kept my Tr character around.
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaTurtle

Yay Noxous best pilot in the game :)

Watched his stream a couple times.... wish I was as good :(
    • Up x 1
  4. Luperza Community Manager

Recap is up! Note...The discussion ended up going for MUCH longer. 2 hours! :) The viewers really wanted us to continue the discussion so we did.

As a bonus, I hung out and played Waterson TR...AFTER! Haha. :) So the end is more casual. Hope you all enjoy it anyway. Let me know what you think about the Discussion Panel. Do you want more of it? (Obviously not 2 hours of it, but just more segments like that?) Let me know! :)
  5. Rizen

Will pay for stable client. just saying... tired of crashing.
  6. Boildown

Waterson TR? Trying to dominate the server? Haha, the random number generator was not in your favor:
    http://tinyurl.com/kb97vvr . :)
  7. Gheeta

Best FNO so far. I really like the panel format!
    • Up x 1
  8. Ripshaft

The panel was a really awesome idea with some solid guests and discussion, I think alot of people really want to see more frank and open discussion like this. I noticed the viewer numbers doubled over the course of the panel too =p

I'm fully-ish aware of how much effort you put into gathering/fishing information from the forums and other community sources, but for alot of people I think it'd really make a difference to see their concerns voiced in such a format.

Though I think the twitch chat might need to be moderated, it got pretty crazy, and was more of a distraction from the conversation happening on the panel.

But yeah, good stuff!
    • Up x 1
  9. blueangleofdeath

Please excuse my suckish leading during the TR segment :(. We still had fun either way.
    • Up x 1
  10. Spookydodger

Rather than outright reducing the lockon range, you could make locks take longer at max range.

So if a Liberator takes 1.5 seconds to lockon at 100 meters, it takes 8 seconds at 500 meters.

So if something is passing by at high altitude, you start getting locked on, but you pass out of the area before they finish the lock (or they only get one on you).

If someone is doing quick passes from high up, they wouldn't be as decimated as the lockons would take longer.

If someone is doing close range runs, they would be locked on quicker as they are in a range that they are more dangerous to their intended target, too.
    • Up x 1
  11. Luperza Community Manager

I was not saying that that should be the end solution. I was just trying to get the guests to think about things differently. ;) I wanted to get the conversation flowing!

Something that would be interesting to see would be the further a target is, the longer the lock-on takes. What do you think about that?
  12. blueangleofdeath

I think the farther the target is the longer it should take to lock on. I think a great way to counter this is to add attachments to the rocket launchers to improve lock on.
  13. Spookydodger

But... that's what I said... (lockons taking longer the further away)

And I wasn't passing judgement on your statement about reducing lockon range (to be fair, I think Noxious originally posited that 500 meters was just nuts). I guess I should have said it was your sentiment. Just like removing lockons altogether was a sentiment, not a course of action anyone thinks should/would occur.
  14. Luperza Community Manager

Another interesting idea!

See this is the kind of conversation I was trying to spark. :)

Exactly. :D
    • Up x 2
  15. tproter

I think you and SOE should decide if Planetside 2 is for diehard gamers or casual gamers.

I don't think you can keep both groups happy at the same time. Pick a side and work hard to keep them satisfied.
  16. blueangleofdeath

I think there is that line where everybody is happy and a portain of players fall into both of those. Also don't forget some people have been playing since beta and are wanting that change to either help them or change them. The target distance is kinda a no brainer because I think in real life it would take the targeting system longer to zero in on the target longer then as if was close by.

PS2 has infinite possibilities and you're always going to have yays or nas, it just comes with it.
  17. tproter

The point I'm trying to make is SOE should decide on a course of action and execute it, rather than waffle between trying to satisfy both diehard gamers and casual players. Otherwise, SOE risks alienating both groups of players.
  18. blueangleofdeath

Have you checked the roadmap? SOE believe or not does listen to peoples suggestions. I don't feel like they're alienating either groups. A while ago they had a problem on implants and the community clearly stood up and they listened, they could have said oh well and pushed it through.

You also have to look at it marketwise. You're better off picking both groups instead of just one, this maximizes revenue for SOE.
  19. Czuuk

Why Waterson TR? Is the 10% population bonus they already have during prime time not enough that they need more official endorsement from SOE?
  20. blueangleofdeath

Luperza and Hamma have TR characters on that server. It's not the only time they have done it. Everybody gets there fair share I think.