Should the Mass drivers be A2G

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ABATTLEDONKEY, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ABATTLEDONKEY

Can you please elaborate? IMO the vulcan cannons should be TR, the coyote missiles to the VS and the mass drivers to the NC if they were to be Empire specific. They all, however, are available to everyone, not just an NC variant.
  2. Thagyr

NC can't have nice things. Not when their flavor weapon typed can be sold to the masses for more money. But the same can be said about the Locust and Coyote missiles being TR and VS types.
  3. soeguud

NC doesn't have any 'flavor' weapons, that is to say weapons or equipment that to an observer or user can easily be identified with the faction. I'd go as far as to say replace NC blues with TR reds and they'd be indistinguishable to the uninitiated.

What I'm getting at is next to lazooors of VS and minigun orientation of TR (who have problems of their own but refer to EliteEskimo's work), NC has absolutely jack ****.

THE WEAPONS HAVE GOT GOD DAMN 'GAUSS' IN THEIR NAME!! YOU COULD DO SO MUCH WITH THAT! An entire faction oriented around coilguns and railguns, how about that!? You could work some amazingly rich SFX into the weapons, a high pitched crack of capacitor discharge followed by a hypersonic boom before it punches through the bulkhead behind the enemy trooper thanks to its abysmal accuracy coz balance.. but nup.

So when you actually come across something that matches the fluff FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER and it turns out to be cross faction, the rage is insurmountable.

SOE gets so much to work with in background fluff alone, and they epic fumbled when it came to the New Conglomerate. The faction is dull and featureless, and I'm irritated.
  4. Crashmatusow

oh man.

so excited for ESF Sniper Death Squads.

not.
  5. Pax Empyrean

If it were up to me, I'd have given ESFs anti-tank missiles instead of rocket pods. I don't like the fact that an ESF can fight anything in the game, and infantry could use a break against them. You wanna blow up tons of dudes, use a Liberator.

Too late for that now, though.
  6. soeguud

The mass drivers could be pretty neat as a liberator nose gun D:
  7. Unclematos7

I say scrap the mass drivers entirely. Right now fully certed extended mag mass drivers can one clip everything in the game except for galaxies and they travel at 1500m/s if I remember right.
  8. Winfield

9. Luighseach

At least a Magrider can strafe out of the way of Rokcetpods better than Prowlers and Vanguards. Yeah we can snipe the ESFs which is AWESOME and I wish Magriders could too, but currently it is hard to get away from ESFs without sniping them.

Magrider with afterburner(or whatever it is called) lacks the cannon placement but makes up for it with better maneuverability and when compared to the Vanguard even Prowlers can escape from ESFs a bit better than Vanguard due to being a bit faster. Thank god for Vanguards IWINSHIELD or we would be screwed on this one...well aside from being really good at OHK an ESF that flies over.
  10. HellasVagabond

Give MBTs GOOD secondary AA guns, problem solved.
    With the G30/40 you can't really counter AA. The vulcan is quite good since it needs to only land a few hits in order for your bird to start smoking but that only applies for the TR.

Last time i checked there are MANY people on Youtube who use the Magrider to literally snipe ESFs off the air....Why are you complaining ? Are they playing a different game than you ? (reminds me of the nagging that the Mag can't OHK ESFs something which is proven wrong in the same vids. It can OHK as easy as the Vanguard can if not easier).
  11. holycaveman

Removing all A2G weapons? No need to read any further.

Everything in the freaking game can shoot an esf. But you think esf's should not be able to shoot back. I mean that is basically what you are implying.

No need to even reply to the core of your post.

This is not tank side, nor infantry side. Its planetside.

Rocket pods are weak as he##. I laugh everytime I kill infantry with the rocket pod. Because I could throw as many rocks at the person and do as much damage. Its been nerfed too many times already from the whiners on here.

Tanks properly equipped can shred an esf way before the esf can pod them. To use rocket pods on infantry you leave your self open to be one shotted by any launcher within a hundred meters.

Just because you can't drive your tank by yourself in enemy territory without being killed by an esf does not mean their weapons need nerfed.

HOlY CRAP this has been covered a million times already.

Pilots need a BETTER A2G weapon!!!! And it looks as though we are getting some!
    • Up x 1
  12. vincent-

I rather they change rocket pods into infantry killing ground weapons and make a lock on for vehicles.
  13. Luighseach

The reason people complain about Rocketpods is because they kill everything except other ESFs. Yeah you have to hover to use them(most of the time) but they are good at their job. Because they are good at their job they interfere with a Liberators job which is A2G(or A2A with a good gunner). This crossing of roles is what makes people mad.
  14. Tekuila

I kill other esf's with them all the time.
  15. Luighseach

I didn't want to put that because the noobs heads would explode.
  16. Tekuila

Lol.
  17. Peebuddy

How DARE high explosives effect multiple things!!

We need to petition congress on this one
  18. LordCreepy

ESF certainly don't need more A2G.
    If at all liberators do.
    After all ESFs are fighters they should be used to provide air superiority so liberators can fly in and attack the ground.
    Vice versa libs should be more vulnerable to esf fire.

As of now the really good pilots just use the esfs as attack everything cert machines. Fly in farm infantry till they pull AA, farm vehicles till they pull a skyguard and kill the occasional random enemy esf that shows up. All with one loadout.
  19. ABATTLEDONKEY

You see, failing to read what you might disagree with MIGHT lend aid to your ignorance. Not a dig, just something to consider.

I dont want A2G weapons for the EMPIRE SPECIFIC FIGHTER. I want DEVASTATING A2G weapons for the lib, or AKA the dedicated team-oriented ground attack craft. Fighters=sky. Ground attack craft=A2G. not very hard. You cannot balance, in an objective sense, a single seater ground attack craft that is EQUAL to its single seater AA craft. The only way to actually balance it is to force an imbalance to the ESF's themselves, in which A2G weapons would dramatically decrease maneuverability, speed, or handling. Unless you do that, there is only one load out which is the main gun of your choice and pods. Thats it.

Also, if you read the post, I actually suggest an ADDITION of an A2G weapon, as opposed to its AA variant that is currently in place.

Please read the post before replying.
  20. ABATTLEDONKEY

Hence the suggestion of the OP ;)