Mass Driver weapon switch Script command ?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Aug 8, 2013.

1. UberBonisseur

Since you can reload weapons independently in a ESF, I was wondering how short the TTK would be by switching to Mass drivers while using the nose cannon.
    The mass driver shot is instant and reload fairly short you can use a script to have the perfect timing after each reload to max out your DPS.

I'm not good at scripting myself but I'm curious about the damage output.
    Switching between weapons will make it SIGNIFICANTLY faster to kill stuff.
    • Up x 1
  2. UberBonisseur

Okay, after further testing, this is hidden OP.
    It's REALLY REALLY FAST.

It takes 6x2 Mass driver shots to destroy a MBT from behind.
    Using the nose gun in between, that's down to 4x2 shots.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sinoby

I have an impression, that writing such scripts in the PS2 is forbiden. One button press should result in one action, not several actions.
    • Up x 1
  4. PlayerOneSVK

Hah it becomes like in APB:R with weapon named JOKER everyone sing macros to make fullauto :D same it will be there
  5. UberBonisseur

I don't really know where they put the limit to scripts.

Autofire on pistols for example seems inevitable; that's why TF2 has made every weapon automatic.
  6. Kireles

You don't needs a script, just hold down the fire button and press 1/2 as soon as that weapon is selected it starts firing....
  7. Kireles

Like macro's they are against the terms of service and can lead to suspension/banning if found out.
  8. UberBonisseur

Not very efficient.
    Sometimes the weapon doesn't reload because you switch too fast
  9. sladuog

If you're relying on a script or macro to press more than one button for you at a time, it's against the rules. Go back and read the terms or service, I'm sure you'll find something about it in there. This is essentially an autofire macro. While I understand that this was an experiment to test the minimum TTK by specifying weapon swap timings, you should probably stop, at least until a mod weighs in on this. I don't know whether you could be suspended or banned for doing this on PTS, but you'd have to be dumb or insane to use it on live. These weapons are already known to be buggy and in need of a balance pass before they're put into the game.
  10. UberBonisseur

I'm just saying this is POSSIBLE, and it shouldn't. Whether you use a macro or not, you dramatically increase your DPS by switching weapons inbetween reloads.
    I'm merely pointing out an exploit (is it ?) with one of the new weapons. If I'm asking for a script, it's only to really mesure the TTK difference between Mass Drivers only and MD + Nose Gun

Can't tell if the anti-cheat of PS2 can detect macros. Macros are not hacks. We're talking about simulated key pressures.
    You can even program some gamer mouse to do it.
  11. sladuog

This has been possible forever with a normal nose-gun and rocket pods. It's working as intended.
    The ESF weapons are OP, sure, they'll get changed, and probably nerfed even further when they come out on live.
    SOE staff have gone on record saying that any macro or script that presses more than one button, i.e., any macro or script that isn't a simple rebinding of a key, is not allowed.
  12. SpaceKing

After extensive testing of this, though it'll save you some Mass Driver ammo, the actual TTK reduction is minimal, bout 0.5-1 second.
  13. Regpuppy

They need to up the ammo storage of all of them and bring ESF's down to one weapon only, be it wing mounted or a simple nose gun. Things suddenly become a lot easier to balance in regards to ESF weapons since they have to choose roles then. Right now though, you can't justify any secondary weapon that's really good at anything since the ESF never sacrifices its ability to defend itself from other ESF's effectively.

The ESF's one-man ground equivalent already has to make this choice, why not ESF?
  14. ItsJustDash

You can get banned for this?
  15. Lazaruz

I sincerely hope so. If a person can't play a game the way it's meant to be played, they should just find another hobby...
  16. UberBonisseur

Huh ?

With reload speed 5 on the mass driver, you're down to 1.7 sec reload. Assume there is 0.2 sec to initiate the reload, that's 1.5 sec of firing your main gun in between shots. It's a solid addition to your DPS.

I get a 2 sec TTK against ESFs. Beat that
  17. Torok

Very interested in the outcome of this thread, i'm almost sure if you make a thread of this in the general technical section of the forum some guy from SOE will read it and reply for sure

at work times anyway
  18. gigastar

Wouldnt this only work in a dogfight with the Scythes Saron Laser Cannon?

As its the only weapon that any ESF has that matches the Mass Drivers velocity, thus being the only one that doesnt require an aiming adjustment to hit?

Thats only half the reason.

The other half was that the pistol didnt have a limited rate of fire, it would literally fire as fast as you pulled the trigger.
  19. blessedpatrick

I believe SOE have a one button should do one thing stance on macros, if you use a macro to push buttons and change things faster than a person can actually push a button it is considered cheating, as you are using a piece of software to have super human reaction times. I've seen people go off on mad tangents saying that you can put a 400ms timing in between this, then 350 between that, and then it is not considered cheating, this I cannot attest to but it sounds ridiculous. One button = One action, anything more is against the rules.
  20. Ronin Oni

Macro script keyboards are undetectable to the client if done properly.

They kinda can't do much about it.

The downside of course is that it's locked into that timing sequence, and the reality of combat means you rarely want to use it that way and want more control over when you fire your big shot (the Mass Drivers) so a skilled pilot who knows the timing as second nature will be better than a macro-commander pilot who will miss those VERY important MD shots because they're script timed.

and I dare someone to complain about my strobelight flashlight macro :p IT'S A DANCE PARTY DAMMIT! :D