New ESF Vulcan Weapon....

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Docki, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Docki

So SOE....Did you really put the Vulcan on the ESF? Very curious to see dogfights now with the ESF vulcan and new flight changes (if SOE really plans to put them through after massive flames from ESF pilots).

Edit: You guys should give the Galaxy the Vulcan just for the hell of it :D
  2. Bequ

Here's some action with it. Maybe not much of dogfighting though, targets die too quickly. :)
    • Up x 3
  3. Pixelshader

lol @ galaxy one mag
  4. SpaceKing

Eh, they did say 'not final'.
  5. Pixelshader

Half of me would like to see it go live like this.
    • Up x 2
  6. SpaceKing

I'd like to see it keep most of the power it has here, but make it take more than twice as long to spin up to full ROF, giving your opponents some dodging time.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ronin Oni

Everyone would buy it...

it would get nerfed (because it would NEED to be) and then they'd all complain and demand refund :rolleyes:

Yah, doesn't sound good to me. I don't think they'll go live as is though...
  8. KAHR-Alpha

To be honest, after seeing that I kind of don't want them to go live at all, not only those new weapons are probably going to make the previous ones obsolete, but it will take a zillion years (if ever) to balance them properly.
  9. Eclipson

These are OP has heck. If these went live, they would literally kill dogfighting. I am so glad that SOE held off on these and put them on the PTS.
    • Up x 2
  10. Wizz

It's going to be a shame to see these get nerfed, but yes. They are OP as hell :p

Can I also just say that dogfighting without the vertical thrust is just atrocious.
  11. Tommyp2006

So did anybody see the post I made yesterday about how a vulcan mounted on an ESF would be broken? Yep, I was right. These things need their damage cut in half, especially with that big of a mag size.
  12. vanu123

Its like the old Scat cannon of the sky, it is ungodly how OP that thing is.
  13. eldarfalcongravtank

is this an NS gun or terran-only? if the latter, what do the other empires get as a counterpart?
  14. Mastachief

Heard that **** before.

The vulcan is flawed and now they put it on a ESF, Idiots.
  15. KAHR-Alpha

It's for everyone.
  16. SinerAthin

I actually like the idea of the ESF getting a decent Anti Armor Nosegun.

The problem is however, not the Nosegun's effect on armor, but rather it's effect on air.(it's too powerful, renders the current noseguns obsolete).

If you ask me, I would like to see these guns retain their badass anti armor ability on ground vehicles, but also put you at a disadvantage vs air targets(meaning that you gain better anti armor abilities and lose A2A power).
  17. Entarticus

I don't see what's wrong with it (Apart from obviously making the other noseguns obsolete). In that video all of the enemy fighters got completely destroyed because they stupidly flew straight at him and made it easy for him to hit them, the one Reaver that actually did some kind of evasive flying caused him to empty his whole mag without hitting it at all.
  18. Granveil

They have a shorter TTK than nose guns and are just as accurate? They have splash damage that damages vehicles, infantry and aircraft? They beat out the rotary nose guns, even if the rotary hits 100% of the time? Seriously, they are better than all of the nose guns combined, and still have better TTKs without needing 100% accuracy. And they're plenty accurate.
  19. SpaceKing

It's like the A2A missiles, all empires get an exact copy. Basically it's an NS weapon but they're either planning to give us some empire specific flavor later or they're cheaping out on us :p
  20. Ronin Oni

"These"??

Coyote's aren't OP at all. They'll be effective in short range ESF fight's but they're garbage for anything else. Original A2AM's will still be better for taking down libs & gals

Mass Drivers aren't either really. lolpods have higher DPS against ground, near matches effectiveness of A2AM's vs Libs/Gals, it's best use I can see is sniping Phalanx AA turrets. Oh, BTW guys, those extended mags are in VR only. It's obvious they aren't planning to launch Mass Drivers with that many shots.

Locust is the only (grotesquely so) OP one..... and I for one would be rather shocked if that doesn't get toned down a fair bit (like, oh, HALF the damage)