Lost another paying customer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nikademus, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikademus

I know people will flame me for this,but this is for the Devs/Sony not players.

Since this game started I have had a prem account. I have just canceled my subscription and will most likely be uninstalling the game. The constant server merges where annoying but I can see why it was done as you where bleeding players from the get go. Ok fine, I can live with it even though it is now laggy as hell on every continent, prior to all the server merges and introduction of lattice system I would get 40+ frames per second in even the biggest BioLab battle, now I am lucky to get 20. But what really annoys the hell out of me is the new Latice system. All this does is funnels entire empires into one zone. This is not fun,

A. it causes even more lag than usual due to hundreds of people in one small building,
    B. I cannot see half the enemy due to the engine not being able to render that many people in one area at a time. C. There is no strategy involved in taking a continent now. All it requires is a bigger zerg than the enemy. No longer do you have to encircle a Amp/Tech/Bio, now you just force us from one point to another. There is no flanking moves for smaller squads to accomplish. just follow along with the rest of the Zerg and get farmed or farm a base until the enemy gets tired of trying to hold it.

so, Thanks again for ruining a good game Sony, you are now up there with EA in my book and will not be spending any more of my money on your products.
    • Up x 3
  2. LT_Latency

All games can't be built around slow computers.

This games main draw is massive battles. That is what makes it stand out over other FPS games, This format is High End PC friendly only. There is not too much they can do about that
    • Up x 16
  3. NinjaTurtle

If they are going to be able to make it run on a PS4 then I predict some good optimization over the next few months.

Hold on in there
    • Up x 1
  4. DarkWingGB

I bought new processor and doubled RAM just for this game.
  5. Oreo202

Numbers were always the way to win. Nothing has changed.
    • Up x 1
  6. arihmanes

I enjoy those large pretzels they sell at the mall.
    • Up x 9
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

EA is a scumbag company. They are greedy manipulating liars. They hold NO concern for their customers, and grab at as much cash as humanly possible while delivering as little as humanly possible, all the while spewing lies like a politician.

SOE is many things, but none of the above describes them. They are a company and try to make money. They fail MISERABLY on delivering promises on time, but they arnt simply lieing to us. Oh wait, you compare them to EA because of a gameplay feature that MANY in the community wanted, but simply doesnt fit your personal mold??!?!?. ok nevermind, there is no reason to listen to you.
    • Up x 3
  8. Zombekas

Computing power doubles every 18 months, I don't see why games should lag behind.

And besides, I have no problems with a 3 year old medium budget setup. It's not THAT demanding :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  9. Valdr

This. Been playing off-and-on since Beta and this game has pretty much been the same since day 1: You are either part of a massive zerg, steamrolling across the land and only rarely encountering a good amount of resistance OR you are being steamrolled by a massive zerg. Everyone just abandons whatever cont their team is losing on and goes to whichever cont their team is winning on.
    • Up x 1
  10. R3volutionist

My games been running pretty leggy lately, especially since the update. I restarted my computer the other day and my games been running smooth as hell, I even turned the graphics up. People play with low end computers an blame the game and servers, the game requires a good processor and ram.

One of my buddies was arguing withe yesterday over games. He plays league of legends, I play PS2. One of the things he said was "30 million people disagree with you" I responded with "well league of legends is a f2p game that runs on basically every computer, PS2 is f2p but requires a gaming computer. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.
  11. R3volutionist

Not everyone, plenty of people including my entire outfit run squads which cap bases and outposts usually fighting other squads. We avoid the Zerg for the most part, there are plenty of people who don't have the Zerg mentality. And there are plenty of times zergs fight head on.

Not to mention everyone complaining that the lattice system forces EVERYONE to follow one direct line is full of ****. The continents are huge and just about every base has multiple lines connecting to it as well as connecting to others, the battle lines go across an entire continent, meaning if there is a big Zerg push moving in one direction there are multiple other routes you can switch to. That is exactly what I do. Every since the lattice system you also see a lot more three empire battles on one territory because all three empires NEED that base. There is no more ghost capping or back capping. I would describe my outfit as doing "spec ops" stuff where we squad up and move together to do all the side jobs while pugs and zergs fight the huge battles, we have no problem finding smaller fights and no problem joining in on a big fight if it is important to our empire. The old system was cool in certain ways, but it's pretty annoying when your moving through with a squad capping bases looking for opposition and an opposing squad of equal but inferior players are avoiding you and just capping stuff after you leave or capping around what you're doing. Then you show up to fight them and they just leave and go somewhere else because they can cap anything they connect to. This is not zerging or avoiding zergs, this is forcing smaller squads to fight eachother, and even zergs to fight eachother.

You can look all over the map and find multiple places to fight, people ******** about the lattice system forcing zergs and only zergs are ********. The maps are huge, and the lattice system requires MORE tactics and planning now that before where you simply went anywhere you wanted and if that was too hard or competitive for you then you just move over to another hex. There are actually based that one lattice links to that has bases in between the two which aren't linked, and you need another path to get that in between base.
    • Up x 2
  12. Jon Lee Pettimore

There has been some lag as of late. I'm running a pretty decent rig on a pretty decent connection, so I just figured it was some bugs with the recent patch and that it would be ironed out. And, today, it seemed to be.

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues. But the game is currently resource intensive. It was designed for the long haul. I understand not being able to sink a grand into a new rig. I more than understand not being able to get a better internet connection (former resident of rural agricultural zoned regions here). But don't down the game because your circumstances are beyond the ideal.
  13. BloodMonarch

See you when you've upgraded your computer....we'll all still be here having fun. Perhaps you should upgrade your computer sooner rather than later, then you too can enjoy PS2's main design feature ......large scale epic battles!
  14. Serell

LOLOLOLOOLOLnope

This game is not high-end only, this game is Intelcore only, because the Devs are lazy and are only going to optimize this for AMD because of the PS4. Truly sad that a game born on the PC needs a console port to force the Devs to optimize this game for maybe half of PC gamers.
  15. Syrenthra

This is ********, I'm almost certain that 1/4-1/2 of the players do not have the PC required to play the game that the Devs are trying to force out. By making the game "High-end" only they are killing off their players and in turn, potential revenue. They are going to be forcing the player base from say a few hundred thousand (or tens of thousands, I don't know the numbers) down to just tens of thousands (thousands) of the people who can actually play the game they are making and that is a horrible idea if you are doing f2p where you want as many people as possible.
    I HATE the lattice, not because my computer can't handle it, but because of the fact that people don't always render, you don't actually get a chance to kill people (you just spray and pray an area) you die randomly and the fact it takes NO skill to zerg. I like small squads going around and fighting skirmishes where it actually takes skill and tactics to take a base from an opponent. Also when being steamrolled by a zerg it takes the fun away, makes you demoralized and not want to play. There have been many a times during Outfit ops that we are doing well with our 1-2 platoons then the enemy just gets together 4+ platoons and we can't do anything to stop it, after that we almost always either switch continents to run small squad ops or just give up because the game lost its fun.
  16. qwertyqwerty

I know many ppl in PS2 with TOP PC that have low FPS.
    Its really worth optimization...
  17. Sen7ryGun84

What is your current hardware setup? I'm running a machine thats fast becoming old news and the game has been gradually improving for me performance wise since release.

I'm currently running:
    AMD Phenom II x4 956 processor OC'd to 3.9ghz
    8gb of RAM (only 1300mhz though)
    Radeon 6870 1gb vid card (1ghz memory clock)
    Currently running the game and my op system from a seagate 7200rpm magnetic drive over SATA.
    Windows 7 x64

My hardware is probably right on average and is getting towards requiring an overhaul but PS2 has slowly been improving its performance on my hardware since release. Every now and then a GU or hotfix comes out that introduced some volatility to the program but its usually fixed within a couple of days.
  18. ronjahn

So let me get this straight, you like small squad skirmishes? And you run around with a 2 platoon Zerg? Then another 4 platoon Zerg comes along and owns your smaller 2 platoon Zerg? Then you quit because you started loosing? And you want to blame this on the lattice? How?

Don't try to convince me that 2 platoons = small squad play.

It sounds like you either got caught in the wrong place, spread yourselves to thin, or failed to communicate with command and other outfits to secure the territory you captured. This is not a flaw of the lattice, but a failure to defend and gather your forces appropriately.
  19. Rift23

I stay behind and farm the semi-afk zergers with mines and C4.
  20. fumz

PS4.
    The game is poorly optimized as it only uses 1 core well. It's not that the game is optimized for Intel cpus; it's that Intel is just faster than amd, and it's been that way ever since Conroe. It would be nice to see amd release a competitive chip. Would be good for everyone.
    +1 Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.