Where is all the Outrage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by shadowkhat, Jul 19, 2013.

1. shadowkhat

ok i'm confused TR and VS players... when you percieved the NC max was OP 10m or less you flooded the forums with whine post after whine post... where is the outrage about the Vulcan and Zoe... two god awful OP craptastic things the devs have released. everytime they talk about fixing those you flood the forums with more tears so as long as its not the NC getting something OP its fine... i know the VS ***** about hte vulcan i've seen it , not nearly as much as they cried about the oh so deadly hug gun the NC has since you hav to be close enough to hug someone for it to be useful.

if your going to cry on the forums about OP crap cry about all of it not just what suits you best.
  2. LT_Latency

People have been QQing about ZoE before it went live and hard we forgot about the NC max.

Most people use the Missle launcher over the vulcan because it's good at all ranges and against infantry
    • Up x 2
  3. Oreo202

Thank you for making an ironic post accurately depicting exactly what is wrong with these forums and a large part of this community.
    • Up x 8
  4. FnkyTwn

Is this a Nerf The ScatMax thread? If so i approve!
    NC have had it far too easy for far too long. They've
    turned their FREEDOM into FREELOADING!!

Vanu is da best! Everybody else can SIT ON IT!

[IMG]
  5. theholeyone

They nerfed ZOE, it's fine now. Not so much QQ around.

Vulcan certainly seems a bit OP in some situations, AA and maybe on harassers for high DPS hit and run. Some QQ around, but it doesn't seem to have reached critical mass in game, so not sure when the nerf bat will be swung.
  6. AnotherNoob

well, I think we have been through the ZOE debate, and I'd happliy trade my vulcan (especially from my prowler) for an enforcer... slightly better at short range but much worse at long range, and much worse against sunderers doesn't sound too appealing to me...
  7. LowTechKiller

First a Fat Albert reference, and now a Fonzy quote? Now I know you're (as) old (as I am).:p
    • Up x 1
  8. TimeyWimey

I've been gunning so, so, many vulcan's and I just don't get it. Is there a magic spot in leading the target which grants you a free kill or what? It's only supereffective at _very_ close ranges (you shouldn't be there, silly esf).

Vulcan's pretty much the tr vehicle equilevant vs air of that of an NC max: Kills everything 247 if the other guy is stupid enough to venture into their killing range. At least that's how I see it, but what do I know.
  9. DashRendar

You are half-correct in thinking this, however, there is more to it than that. The NC Max has downsides that come in the form of small mag size, much lower accuracy, and a crippling reload that's likely your death if you fail to kill the enemy before you run out of shots. The Vulcan has incredible sustained fire potential that doesn't penalize the user for missing a few shots since it's just a drop in the bucket, and the reload is less than the Scatmax even... Not whining, just stating the logical counter for that. I have mixed feelings on the Vulcan. It is OP and it's not at the same time, I can't make up my mind about it. Probably means it's balanced, who knows.
    • Up x 3
  10. NC_agent00kevin

Except you can mount a Vulcan on a harasser.
    • Up x 3
  11. Van Dax

Thats my real gripe, vulcan made sense to be that powerful when it was on the prowler as it was risky to use. The harasser effectively eliminates the disadvantages that made the advantages balanced.
    • Up x 2
  12. CrashB111

The same could be said for allowing VS Harassers to mount Sarons.

Now you have a jeep that can outrun any tank with the longest ranged AV vehicle weapon in the game that is also capable of 2 shotting enemy footsoldiers.
  13. CupidStunts

The Fonz is the best & VS own u via mad skillz
  14. Van Dax

I don't see how that makes a sniper weapon any better, harassers are good close range and the vulcan is a close range gun, the sarons weakness was it being weak close range. The platform change did not benefit the VS in the same regard. After we brought this to the devs attention they changed it to be that way specifically because we were concerned over the vulcan harasser combo, not because that was what it needed. I would still prefer we got the old one shot version back.
  15. CupidStunts

DECREASING VALUE OF NOT WORTHY SINCE '89
  16. ent|ty

Wasn't it just 3 weeks ago, everyone was rejoicing about the ZOE getting nerfed? Now somehow, once again, (as no doubt the good players have adapted to it) it is OP?

Want another nerf to it? Sure.. why the hell not.

What else would you like to nerf? Ok, let's nerf that.

It's just too bad that some of us are good players, and adapt to all weaknesses you make, and overcome.. then there'll be more screams for nerfs.

Ah to hell with it. make the ZOE a OHK.. See a MAX? shoot at it. its dead. There you go. Happy now?
  17. CupidStunts

Devs are running blind; player no's dropped dramatically, held by a string before I'd go no. How can agile facilitate the NEW player/stats changing every 5 mins;) lol

core is wrong so good luck/

no.1 rule - the long term total player base counts 100% to your' success
  18. Larolyn

Welcome to the world of NC max, nerfed 3 times and still people whine about it. You another 2 nerfs coming until your argument carries some weight.
  19. Van Dax

*1 more nerf
  20. ih8Darian2

Threads like this is exactly why devs flocked to reddit