Is intentional TKing ok?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coffee Hound, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Coffee Hound

Serious question -

Is intentional TKing against the game rules, or is it just moderated with Grief? I always thought that it was a /reportable offense, but after a recent event I'm not so sure anymore:

Someone was TKing multiple people multiple times and said in /yell that he would keep TKing people until he is banned. I just /reported him and moved on. I was curious if after so much blatant and admitted TKs if the guy would be banned or suspended. I watched his stats and he continued to play every day.

Now doubting that TKing is against the rules, I checked the "Code of Conduct" and it states:
    Does that mean that I'm just supposed to TK people back?

Thanks
  2. Lady Seraphina

Just report and move on. Not worth it.
  3. MiZrY

I would think that would fall into the greifing category.

.... and that can't be in the "Code of Conduct", If you throw a grenade at their face it will bounce off and kill someone else. :rolleyes:
    They should revise it.
  4. Coffee Hound

I guess you didn't read the post.
  5. Coffee Hound

That's what I originally thought too. Do you know of anyone that has ever been suspended or banned for just TKing?
  6. Rogueghost

I would TK them back, maybe I'm a bad person but I tk everyone that I think tk'ed me on purpose, if I think it was an accident I don't hold a grudge.

But during my entire time of playing planetside i think I only tked 3 non outfit members on purpose.
    • Up x 2
  7. MiZrY

No, but then again I've never really checked either. Then again, I don't even know if you can really check unless they were perma-banned.
  8. TheBillOf3D

I've done stupid TKs before. Put my hand down on the keyboard and hit melee instead of forward. Or toss a grenade when I meant to hit another key. So I let most stuff slide. Even vehicles and getting ran over. You need to take into account that lag and other issues can put you two in seemingly different locations. So these days, it must be real obnoxious to bother me and even then I only report.
  9. Coffee Hound

Planetside 2 Players site updates pretty quick, so you can check there to see if someone is playing. What made me think to check the guy I mentioned is that he admitted to it in /yell so there would be no doubt if it was accidental or not.

I'm not complaining either way. I just want to know so I can appropriately adjust my response.
  10. Coffee Hound

I have been the victim and offender of many accidental TKs. Those don't bother me. The obviously deliberate ones I used to just /report; however, I'm not so sure now if it is something that I am supposed to report.
  11. MiZrY

I'm sure if he got enough reports for it, action would probably be taken at some point.
  12. ironeddie

I do exactly the same.
  13. Bourepiff

I played a little TK game with an Outfit, because I roll over one of them and they blow up my sundy, then I kill them, they killed me, a fun cut-cut cycle* that long for about 3 days. Eventually, that was no funny anymore and we had to work together for Alerts, so it endend quickly. Never had any problem. Back in my youth I also accidentally blew up 2 sundy (shooting at mines IS NOT A GOOD IDEA OMG !), I might have been reported twenty time for that, here also no problem.

I would say it's just a feature to calm down people, like that ball with unstressing purpose.

*no insult or any communication, just a cat-and-mouth game
  14. ExarRazor

technically, intentional teamkilling is considered griefing by the SoE GM staff, which is against the TOS. report em
  15. Coffee Hound

Interesting. That would suggest that TKing isn't a ban-able offense. I am really starting to think that TKing is just mitigated via Grief, and that it isn't something we should /report.
  16. Coffee Hound

I checked the TOS and I don't see anything about griefing:

https://www.soe.com/termsofservice.vm
  17. Phrygen

actually don't report it. Apparently someone went on a tking rampage and killed over 100 people to test what would happen. He received a whisper warning and was not banned or suspended.
  18. Coffee Hound

Ok, that suggests that it is against the Code of Conduct, but that they don't enforce it unless you kill 100s in a row.
  19. Phrygen

no, it just suggests that SOE will step in when cases are extreme.
  20. Bourepiff