Saron needs its splash damage tuned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Slyguy65

Its an anti armor weapon...yet kills infantry way too easily as well due to it having splash damage...

Simply put having the ball shooting gun is pointless since the saron does both AI and anti armor.
  2. ComradeHavoc

Saron seems like a better enforcer.
    • Up x 4
  3. ih8Darian2

You're joking.... right?
    • Up x 7
  4. Vortok

Slyguy must be a time traveler. He just didn't pay attention to when he was so he posted the thread after the change was made instead of before.

The secrets he must know...
    • Up x 1
  5. Accuser

Try killing infantry with the Vulcan. I dare you.
    • Up x 6
  6. FnkyTwn

But then aren't you going to be right back here complaining about the "ball shooting gun"?
    Is your complaint that there's no point in the PPA, or is your point that the Saron is OP?
  7. KenDelta

Saron needs a Magazine buff , it's pure ***** vs infantry....
  8. Blinklys

It takes two direct hits to kill infantry with the Saron. The splash damage is minimal.
    • Up x 3
  9. Slyguy65

Im comparing it to the vulcan..and compared to the vulcan (its counterpart) it can kill infantry much easier than the TR counterpart (vulcan).

The saron having any splash damage at all is beneficial since its an

ANTI VEHICLE WEAPON

Just sayin imagine the vulcan can shoot explosive rounds (like the lasher) so it kills tanks and infantry alike with ease.

As a person who kills infantry with halberd...yes the saron is EZ mode.
    • Up x 1
  10. Van Dax

It really has no reason to have splash damage, though the vulcan has no reason to be able to one clip a lib. The splash damage however is very small, it will often take around 4-5 shots to kill with splash so that's really inefficient.
    • Up x 3
  11. Spookydodger

It usually kills from direct hits, not splash damage.
  12. Van Dax

Another thing, the "ball shooting gun" has the same average kills per hour as the C85 on their respective mbt. It is not used often as it is a straight inferior AI option compared to both the fury and kobalt.
    • Up x 2
  13. Chipay

Another Saron OP thread :rolleyes:

Let me tell you a few things:
    -Vulcan's AA is stronger then the Saron's => NERF VULCAN ITS AV NOT AA
    -IF YOU WANT TO GO AI BUY THE MARUADER, it's better than the PPA AND THE MARAUDER (seriously, that thing deals 800 total damage on a direct hit on PTS, it's basically a Saron with high Bullet Drop) IS ALSO GOOD VERSUS ARMOR => NERF MARAUDER ITS AI NOT AV

If you want to nerf the Saron, then you'll have to take away the AA for the Vulcan and nerf the **** out of the marauder to bring it down to the PPA and the ENFORCER, but i guess theVULCAN and MARAUDER are completely balanced right? ;)

Edit: And now that you're talking about splash damage on AV weapons, The FRACTURE deals splash damage and has more than 50% AI kills, also nerf that one since AV should not have splash
    • Up x 9
  14. ih8Darian2

Considering Saron is the only good secondary weapon on a magrider (Marauder > Saron or giant slow balls any day, especially after fury nerf) I don't think that it should get a nerf. Saron is hardly good at killing infantry, unless the guy is afk, and the splash damage is hardly there.
    • Up x 1
  15. HappyT

I agree with this, marauder is flat out upgrade compared to fury.
    And for saron it takes 3 shots (half of a clip) to kill a heavy shooting rockets at you. Nerf it more and it will leave a mag completely defenceless against infantry. Its not like magrider has two barrels.
    • Up x 1
  16. Mxiter

i would love to trade vulcan AA capacity to a decent AI capacity.

Somothing that could work like the banshee, but with smaller splash aera and damages.

Yes saron can kill 3 infantries with 1 mag in few seconds. It's certainly the best AV weapon to kill infantries.
    • Up x 1
  17. theholeyone

So I guess you'll be asking for an AA nerf to the vulcan too?
    • Up x 2
  18. ih8Darian2

By 3 infantry you mean 3 people that are 10 meters away and are standing completely still?
    • Up x 2
  19. Nonorf

Now replace vulcan by vortex, and saron by fracture.

hoho....
    • Up x 2
  20. Van Dax

If you manage all direct hits, yes you can kill 3 infantry per mag. However this is certainly not the kind of argument that make sense coming from a TR the vulcan could kill around 6 guys I'm sure, similar deal with fractures. However you need 100% accuracy on a weapon that blooms after each shot, hmm its almost like they both do that.

You could make it a 3 hit kill and a 6 hot splash and it would still be superior to the PPA at anti infantry, because it is bad. Same deal with the enforcer.
    • Up x 4