GU10: Vehicle Projectiles Now Originate From the Camera...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WyrdHarper, Jun 4, 2013.

1. WyrdHarper

Does this mean that ESF and Prowler gun convergences have been fixed?

:eek:
    • Up x 5
  2. phungus420

It makes things easier for the driver/pilot. Though it introduces it's own issues since enemies can be killed by you when to them it looks like your weapon is blocked by something (this is how headglitching works, because the round originates from your camera which is the head for infantry). Overall I think most players will prefer it this way, though the way BF3 does it with shifting and multiple crosshairs is probably the best and most realistic.

This will be a significant buff to the reaver.
  3. Kevorkian

I sure as hell hope so.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tommyp2006

Prepare for the new age of the Prowler. Time to finish certing into lockdown!

Also, good news for Reaver pilots!
  5. NoctD

All hail the mighty Reaver... the Vortek is really going to shine now.
    • Up x 1
  6. Peacemaker12

Oh man. The Reavers are gonna be so incredibly strong now that the handicap is off. I'm kinda looking forward to it but I hope it doesn't end being like the VS's ZOE situation. Too much drama.
    • Up x 1
  7. WyrdHarper

I imagine the Vortek will probably be even better now, but I would guess that the noseguns are probably going to get tweaked in the ESF update anyway.
  8. Kuklakot

All the best sniper rifles in the game are going to be self-propelled and come with armor.
  9. bodmans

it already aplied for tanks
    there was a thread and 2 vids showing the mag and the prowler with their barrels at a tree or harrasser and shooting ''through'' them
  10. Corewin

DUMB. Plain and simple.

#R.I.P. in Peace ESF balance
    • Up x 3
  11. LahLahSr

If I understand this correctly, this will generally make rounds emerge from higher than they do now, simply because the camera generally is situated higher than the barrel.

For ground vehicles, this means that their expose/vulnerable profile when firing from cover, can be reduced - which in turn will make it relatively harder to hit vehicles with direct-fire weapons, while it shouldn't have any impact on lock-on weapons.This could be a handicap for the Lancer, while the Striker should remain unaffected. However, the Magrider's low-profile main cannon should be less of a handicap when shooting from behind cover.
  12. S0LAR15

Prepare for vortek nerf!!!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  13. KlyptoK

The idea sounds almost kinda cheesy, but I guess I'll try it out with the patch tomorrow.
  14. Arquin

Ugh. I hate things that break immersion and look "off".
    • Up x 2
  15. Tommyp2006

If it's the video I'm thinking of that was on the test server
  16. Ranik

We can only hope.
    • Up x 1
  17. siddar

Does this change effect Max weapons as well?

It would remove a large portion of the missed hits at close range max's have to deal with.

AV being the most impacted by it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tommyp2006

If it did, then all they would need to fix is enemies clipping into you. Died way too many times to that.
    • Up x 1
  19. Vreki

It doesnt even matter how much they really are buffed, because the air will be thick with Reaver pilots wanting to try this out.
    The sheer amount of flying bricks will wipe the sky clean.
  20. Gary

nvm.... strange issue with a different thread appearing after an error message