Max balance in 6 months

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightFalls998, May 27, 2013.

1. NightFalls998

nope.
    they were op because they can instagib any other max
  2. Cougarbrit

And while you're reloading behind your shield a guy with C4 runs in and plasters it to your face and waits for your shield to be put away.
    • Up x 4
  3. DjUnicorn

Cool, except that Aegis Shield uses the same slot as Charge making it impossible to combine both.
  4. Zan_Aus

I have dual hacksaws on my NC character and have used them extensively, they are hilariously OP, even now.

Your personal perception is compressing ranges, the NC MAX does not have to be rubbing itself up and down your leg before it can be within range to fire. 5m is literally sticking the barrels in someone's gut.
  5. DashRendar

I can't bare to use the Hacksaws anymore, they are hilariously degrading. At any common engagement range, even in a biolab, they will take 4-6 shots per arm to drop someone, and then you have the 4s reload time which is absurd for a CQB class. After the big nerf, I began using the Scattercannon/Mattock and haven't looked back, even if the Aegis may have some small benefit in covering the Hacksaw reload time, they've become too unreliable.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the NC Max can kill less people per clip than either of the two other maxes, and have the longest reload and shortest effective range of the three. We also can't kill an enemy Max without extended mags while the other two can kill a Max with stock AI weapons, and even with ext mag scats it's situational. The numbers show that I am right, yet you deny all logic and mined data to bring your anecdotal evidence of game balance.
    • Up x 2
  6. S0LAR15

Are people seriously trying to say the NC MAX is UP compared to ZOE? Seriously?
  7. DashRendar

|
    |
    |
    v
    Yes.
  8. SgtBreastroker

The before VS/TR Max buff world.
  9. Blazini

I dont think NC anything >>> TR or VS
  10. S0LAR15

Sigh, oh lol.

I wish that spreadsheet was still with us, it had some freaking funny ones on it. VS zephyr having 30 - 40% more than the TR or NC one.....I should've SSed that when I saw it.

Nonetheless as an anecdote it's more believable than the NC MAX being UP. sure it doesn't have ZOE, but it got something which fits it very well, whether the numbers are quite there I don't know, I haven't played it enough.

But yes ZOE trades being countered with rockets for countered with focus fire, and you really are much softer with it o, seriously. This is written off by players who don't use it a whole lot, and technically no one really has yet, it's not even been out a week.

MAX balance is assymetrical, and within that understanding ZOE is fine.
  11. Ouch Electric

Boy i feel bad for VS maxes. They can't leave ZOE on out of laziness. That sounds like a horrible situation that needs to be fixed immediately! The Zoe should be superior in every way, regardless of how lazy the player is. I mean, some people can't help that they were born lazy, or skill-less. Why should they have to play a video game on even terms?
  12. Grayson

Read my reply and you will see no date or whatever on it, claiming that its from yesterday.
    It's basically the same now, Cyclers can kick scatmax *** if i dont use / have the shield ability while reloading.
    I have to buy extended mags (that means +1k cert) just to be superior at close range again. Againts infantry it works like a charm but i have to play smart againts other MAXes. Like the new anty-INFANTRY fractures, or the Goku crabs....:rolleyes:
    (I played CS:S not CoD.....kid.)
  13. Blazini

Can someone please explain to me how getting killed close range by a shotgun is OP..... NC maxes do what they are suppose to do... kill you if your close... they dont snipe down air or tanks...
  14. Taki

In my experience NC Maxes are still best in 'normal' configurations (not especially OP though). ZOE Max is easily the best 'upgraded' max though.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

yes, the NC have worse fire rates, mag sizes and damage output now, so the shotgun advantage is severly lessened now.
  16. Pikachu

Tell more.
  17. Frosty The Pyro

in PS1 the scatercannon had 3 different choke settings, basicly you could chose between different spread values for the shotgun to facilitate, point blank, close, or medium range combat. Its likely why the max shotgun models are 3 barreled.
  18. Goretzu

It's worse than you think because this is actually incorrect.

It should receive no frontal damage I agree.

However the reality is:

1. Feet can be shot at directly from the front and hit (if the shield is tipped down then head can be hit directly from the front).

2. AOE can hit directly from the front through the feet (as well as, of course, the sides) unless the shield is tipped down (again exposing the head) or crouching (which nerfs speed and allows anything behind the MAX to be hit in the head, without being able to return fire as they hit the MAX for some reason).

These two issues need to be fixed for the shield to be fit for purpose in the first place. :(
  19. Goretzu

Yeah the PS1 ScatMAX was sensible. Close range DPS mode, mid-range mode something like Mattocks and then a longer range mode that wasn't as good as the TR or VS MAXs but was still useable at medium to closer long-range.

As the chokes got tighter the RoF was slowed down a lot so DPS was reduced to make up for more pellets hitting closers.

Combined with the NC shield (as the PS1 ScatMAX would always have to close to win) it gave all MAXs a fighting chance against each other at most ranges and in most situations.