tracerless Lancer--->obsolete tanks--->battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prj3ctm4yh3m, May 23, 2013.

1. prj3ctm4yh3m

Why does noone criticize the Lancer?

It makes mixed arms battles nearly obsolete within 600m. You cant see its source. there are no tracers. there is no opportunity to dodge. its an instagib weapon that easily overpowers armor in groups of 2 or more. pulling tanks is becoming so situational, its too much of a bother to do at all.

Thus, being that the shooting mechanics of this game are inferior to battlefield, not to mention the recent loss of strategy input, whats the use of playing an inferior infantry game with no effective armor interplay?
    • Up x 1
  2. SadButTrue

Where did you find this group of 2 or more lancer users? I rarely see them and I play VS :)
  3. NightFalls998

No one uses lancers bro. they suck
  4. Sebastien

inb4 someone calls the Lancer "Glancer"
  5. Dis

Not sure if trolling...
  6. Damingo

They really are only effective in large groups
  7. Rown

I've found many of them in Mattherson, me included.

It's IMO a very good weapon. I don't think any infantry should have the ability to reliably hit any vehicle past 100 meters or so, provided land vehicles had very limited means to intefere with infantry fights in bases. However, the lancer pales in comparison to the AV mana turret, which his harder, faster and more reliably. Compared to that the lancer is garbage.
    • Up x 1
  8. Beartornado

Its too bad more VS don't use lancers. An organized squad focusing fire on singular vehicle targets at a time could quickly decimate a vehicle assault leaving them no time to actually avoid the lancer.
    • Up x 1
  9. Shockwave44

Wait, I know this answer. It sounds like the striker or the mana turret!

Did I win?
  10. Strottinglemon

Isn't every weapon more effective in large groups?
  11. xmajorcrabsx

One reason why you get killed by lancers is becuase you can spam them when a tank is almost done to steal the kill. I own a lancer and rarely use it. The thing shoots flacid celery and is pretty much worthless on its own. I much prefer the hades.
  12. phreec

The Lancer is just like most other anti-armor weapons: lacklusters by themselves but incredibly powerful when used in organized groups. It's basically a vehicle sniper with incredible range and pixel perfect aim but most people don't realize that since it's seldom used properly.

Regards,
    Captain Obvious.
  13. Mefi

Eh, all ESRLs are very annoying when you're at the receiving end.
    • Up x 1
  14. Damingo

I never said more I said ONLY
  15. Strottinglemon

Oh, didn't see that.
  16. LonelyTerran

The striker gives a lockon warning.
    [IMG]
  17. InMedeasRage

In response to the OP: guess we join the ranks of the non-rendering phoenix flight paths and the non-rendering striker missiles.

In general on the lancer: it is widely thought of as useless because no one bothers charging that second shot. Or they rapid fire the whole clip. Idiots. All of them, idiots.

Tower + competent lancer crew + flat terrain = dead zerg. Happens every day at Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation, sometimes at Crossroads and Tawrich Tower, Vanu Archives, etc.
  18. Shockwave44

Actually the derp award goes to you.

Just because you hear the lock on, doesn't mean there is anything you can do to avoid them.
  19. LonelyTerran

And what can you do against an AV sniper cannon that gives no such warning?
    1."Lock" shows up
    2.Find cover quickly
    3.Profit

1. Several lancers charging-up with you in their reticle
    2. Continue fighting with no idea what is coming.
    3. Die
  20. Shockwave44

The striker locks on fast enough where if you aren't 5m from a rock, everyone will hit you. Even then, some will follow you around the corner.