Please remove the 10k cert cap.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illgot, May 16, 2013.

1. illgot

I understand wanting to force people to log in every day. It shows SOE you have a constant stream of active players and people that have SOE points will often check what is on sale and sometimes spend their money.

But can you please remove the cert cap. Currently it is set to 10k and not mentioned anywhere in your membership subscription page. The 10k cap serves no purpose and benefits SOE or PS2 in no way.

The passive cert gain which is a big part of the membership and should not become disabled just because I have 10k certs I am saving for a new vehicle or possible new weapons when they come out.
    • Up x 13
  2. Aristel25

Seriously man, just spend like 500 Certs and you'll be fine for another 2 weeks or so, is it really that hard?
    • Up x 14
  3. Draf

2 weeks ? Yesterday I get around 550 certs, and i'm pretty sure a lot of players can do much better daily.
  4. illgot

why should I have to keep spending certs when I paid a membership AND log in every day to earn them?
    • Up x 3
  5. Teegeeack

why do you want to hoard them? they're there to be spent
    • Up x 2
  6. Nhilys

Better question would be, why aren't you spending them? I saw your other thread and the reason you gave is just silly.
  7. Neopopulas

Why on earth would someone horde more than 10k in certs? Nothing in the universe is worth 10k in certs, just buy something. ANYTHING, it doesn't matter what.. then you'll get more of your certs.
    • Up x 6
  8. PS2Freak

The Answer :

[IMG]
    • Up x 37
  9. Teegeeack

just spend them or **** off.
    • Up x 2
  10. illgot

Does it really matter why I am saving my certs? I paid a membership, the bonus is exp and passive cert gain is worthless with this cap in place. There is no point to the cap and no way for SOE to gain by leaving it in.
    • Up x 2
  11. Teegeeack

cancel your membership if you don't feel you're getting what you paid for.
  12. sindz

This is the most pointless thread I've seen in a while. Stop hoarding your certs, there is absolutely NO reason to have around 10k certs other than you might think your e-***** might get bigger. But thats not the case, so spend them and get something better to do with your time.

Seriously, some time I really feel for SOE when **** like this comes around.
    • Up x 1
  13. illgot

The only thing I care about is constantly earning the certs I paid a membership and six month Heroic Boost for. It does not matter how many I have stored, if I paid money for both these features they should not be disabled because of a cert cap which is not listed anywhere in the game or the membership/boost page.
    • Up x 8
  14. TheRealTripWire

I feel sorry for you, you have a hoarding problem, seek help from a psychiatrist.
    • Up x 2
  15. sindz

Every MMO ever made had a cap for ingame currency. The only reason you are hitting it, is because you refuse to spend your ingame currency, thats your right. But don't expect SOE to jump through hoops because 1 player in their entire playerbase is wearing his pants on his head.

And stop moaning on forums, spend some certs and be quiet. The game needs bug and performance fixes atm, not ****** useless stuff like this.
    • Up x 5
  16. PhilDun

He does have a point. I know you noobs with your 5,000 score/hour may have trouble believing this, but a competent player can easily earn 500-1000+ certs/day. It doesn't take long to reach the limit.
    • Up x 5
  17. illgot

Jealous much? I play 2 classes and maybe use 2 vehicles (very rarely). Should I just start dumping my unused certs into classes I do not intend to play?

And the future usefulness of having access to this many certs will benefit me when I am buying all the upgrades for a new vehicle or new implants when the features are implemented.

I paid for a six month membership and six month Heroic Boost for a reason, and that is not so my character levels will go up while my cert gain stagnates.

The cap needs to be removed. It is not stated anywhere on the membership page or cash shop.
    • Up x 8
  18. PS2Freak

@ill contact technical support, here at forums we can only say you got hoarding problems. so no help for you, therefore contact soe directly. i can understand your point and also i get why other saying - just spend it.... you kinda limit yourself too much. have more fun, explore new tactics. have fun, mate!
  19. X3Killjaeden

0'd world problems...
    if you dont use more then 2 classes and 2 vehicles that are fully certed you are not going to need the rest of those certs you will earn in future either...
    • Up x 9
  20. Cirevam

Dump them into the stuff you do play. Max out those two classes and two vehicles if that's all you play. Once they're maxed you'll have no need for certs and can transcend to a higher plane of existence or something.
    • Up x 10