Spawn room shield campers finally gone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, May 10, 2013.

1. SenEvason

I wonder if we'll be able to hide in the tunnels.
    • Up x 1
  2. SinerAthin

So people are just gonna stand around... and not even have some campers to play with? o_O

Sounds... very boring.
  3. MrK

With this change, they also :
    Removed the Shield Generator, the SCU Shield will go down once the base capture point is taken by ennemy
    Reduce drastically the base capture timer

Say goodbye to try defending a base once one push goes through. Coming back to save a hack is going to be impossible

Once again, rewarding mindless numbers game instead of preparation and organizaton...

Because defense is... well, we all know it since PS2 started, defense is a bad concept that should be removed:rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  4. Vetto

It was boring the other way to, Oh boy let all stand around the spawn doors getting popped shot to make sure no one gets out, At least now everyone can group up on a spot and be ready to roll out.
  5. Morpholine

The pain field was implemented because people would hide out in spawn rooms, wait for the base to flip to the enemy, then blast everyone spawning before they had control of their characters. It was particularly bad in the towers, when there was no means to re-enter the spawn room.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zotamedu

So they finally get around to make bases defensible with a fixed timer so you know that you have time to drop a squad there and clean up and now they go and ruin it again? Why not just make all bases like the satellites then? Stand on the point for 30 seconds and the battle is over.
  7. Whateverworks

Capture times are shorter on the test server, yes.

Capture Time Adjustments
    • Small Outposts = 2 minutes
    • Large Outposts = 3 minutes
    • Facilities = 5 minutes
  8. Zitroxious

but cant you just go into the spawnroom and kill them as soon as the shields go down? would sound more fun to me than them getting pushed out by a painfield
  9. MrK

5 minutes max capture timer.... Because we are all ADHD *******
  10. LordZombie14

How the **** did you ******* turn this into a 'Nerf the Phoenix' whine?

Like no other faction camps from those rooms?
    No other faction shoots rockets out of the ******* room?

Mother of God, you people ***** so damn much, just uninstall the ******* game and make it a better place.

**** you people are annoying.
    • Up x 3
  11. Morpholine

We can, now. Even for a bit after the game went live, the spawn rooms in the towers were exit-only affairs. The (kind of) recent tower revamps where they added all of the barricades and whatnot were the first time where we could actually re-enter that spawn room.

It's wasn't much of an issue, if at all, anywhere else, but towers became annoying nests of actual by-definition spawn camping. Five engy turrets and a handful of maxes bunkered up and blowing up anyone foolish enough to spawn before they could react, and no means to root them out.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ivalician

Defending? I've been playing Planetside long enough to know that must be a typo. Surely you meant defencing, the process where you remove a fence.
    • Up x 2
  13. Vanudrax

While I am a fan of getting rid of spawn campers, I also think we will see less base defense/resecure. Instead of longer drawn out fights, we will see much shorter fights. more time spent moving across the map to the next base, and less time spent actually fighting. Maybe I'm wrong.
  14. MasonSTL

OP can you please add that this is only on the test server and isn't a final result. People might get the wrong idea and think its live.

On another note, I strongly disapprove of the impenetrable spawn shields for reasons I had stated here...
    I also disapprove of the shorter cap times, but they might work out with the lattice system and bigger battles that it evokes. But at the same time I had an idea that I thought would fill the rest of the cap time on this thread...
  15. FABIIK

Well... I told you this game is offense friendly :(

Everything is done to make base captures easy. SOE know that most people never defend bases...

Game was already boring with 90% one sided fights.

The defenders won't be forced outside by the SCU destruction. They'll just redeploy a few minutes earlier.
  16. DashRendar

Have you ever fired a Phoenix through a spawn shield? Cause 4/5 don't make it through without exploding.
  17. Vetto

I think people worry over something small, all this changes is how important the cap points are, Before hand most outfit goals? Ignore the Caps and ether A. Take down the SCU or B. Get the SCU back up! How it stands now getting the point back will now Hold more weight and thus make the battle last longer since the defending faction know that at 50% they no longer have a place to hide in.
    • Up x 1
  18. Czuuk

Which is categorized under Who Cares.
  19. MrK

That I may understand. We'll see how it turns out. I'm afraid it's going to concentrate the fight so much that 80% of base layout will be ignored. There will be fight exclusively in the main room of Tech Plants, for example.

And that doesn't explain the cap timer stupidity though
  20. DashRendar

Phoenix OP, heh, hah, HOO, HAR, HORP... that's the best complaint I've heard in a while really.