Matherson Skills versus the Zergfits Flood ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, May 8, 2013.

1. Silver Pepper

If you expect your thread to be taken seriously, please take the time to either write coherently in the first place, or run it through a spell checker.
  2. Silver Pepper

You use TE as an example... yet TE actively seeks out the areas of the map with the highest enemy population to fight in.
  3. Phrygen

If mattherson NC wanted to anything else besides attack empty TR hexes while the TR try to warpgate the VS off indar, you wouldn't have an issue.

Only "cowards" i see on Mattherson are NC zergs pushing up to the north from their SE warpgate for no reason. TR and VS actually think about where they want to attack. NC just get in a big zerg and meander aimlessly into unoccupied areas.

this is nonsense.
  4. Cyridius

Stew360 strikes again.
  5. Silver Pepper

Also, loving how so much of this thread is dedicated to TE. Anyway, trying to work out what I'm saying here...

Set tank mines. This works for outfits that 'zerg' in tanks. It works amazingly. This does not work for outfits like The Enclave who attack with infantry drops from galaxies, which unfortunately seems to be the main QQ on this thread.

So, how do you deal with The Enclave? Specifically, how do you deal with galaxy drops? Some of these specifically apply to TE, and are marked with (*).

Monitor the Enemy*
    Have someone monitor where TE is. Watch the map for once the base they were in has capped, and when the population suddenly drops... and then the warpgate gains "enemy platoons detected". This means that TE is about to load up in galaxies.

Watch the Skies
    Notice when a galaxy is flying over. Even better, if you have the numbers and the time, have people waiting around in the hexes between the base you're defending and the warp gate the galaxies are coming from. This should give you ample time to get ready.

Get Ready
    People tend to drop from galaxies in predictable locations. Onto cap points, buildings with roof access, air pads, areas with lots of cover. Think of it: where would you want to land as an infantry dropping from a galaxy? Okay. Now put your faction's MAX suits, medics and engineers there. Defend the objectives with them. In TE's case, when we drop from galaxies we rely on hacking out spawn points from the surrounding sattelites or the base itself. As someone suggested: scorched earth. On that initial drop, we are incredibly vulnerable. You're disorientated from the drop, waiting for enemies to render. Meanwhile, any infantry on the ground looking up at the sky KNOWS what is coming.

All this requires is organisation (nerf organisation op) and patience. And frankly, if you have the patience to ghost cap a continent, you can have the patience to do this.

All of the above could be worked out easily by watching the stream and making notes on how TE operates.
    • Up x 1
  6. Wilden

People complaining about TE really have no idea whats going on even in their own bases that they are currently fighting in. Most of the time TE looks for red alerts IE: more than 96 people on a hex and drops into the fight, but what I see most of the time is at the moment of drop and the first shot is fired the populations are 50/50 or 45/55, relatively even. 2 damn minute after the drop the population goes to 70/30 in favor of TR. The map is updated pretty much instantly so its not delay. And right about this time is when stew360 and other people decide to open up their maps and say "****** TE ZERGING BASES THAT HAVE SQUADS WITH 8 PLATOONS". These are the forum warriors who actually have no idea what actually went on in their own surroundings and are crediting their lose due to numbers.

I for one am actually happy lattice will come out cause even if you RUN you're gonna have to face us eventually.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mohamad

@OP

My little brother who is in eight grade write with proper English. Can you please do so before posting?
  8. SilentWindOfDoom

As the above poster mentioned, TE often drops in without hard spawns ready to reinforce from. Deny them vehicle terminals and they're going to have a much harder time. Push out from the spawn before they can camp you in there and eliminate the tentative beachhead they hold with medics and squad beacons.

If you are a large outfit on NC or VS you should expect TE to drop in. They do it the same way almost each and every time. Tech plant? Stack inside covering the rear doors on the second floor. Biolab? Cover the transporters and pads, light assault the **** out of every roof. Everything else? destroy the god damn vehicle terminals.
    • Up x 2
  9. Get2dachoppa

I was on Esamir for several hours last night, but moved to Indar when TR was close to 60% of the total population on Esamir. But you were facing "overwhelming" enemy numbers, hm?

As for the whole zerg debate, I think most people won't bail from a fight just because they are outnumbered. People want to have a chance to fight, get kills, die some, and influence the fight in some way. When it reaches the point where all that is stripped away because you're horribly outnumbered and just feeding the enemy team free kills, you've been zerged. Effective tactic if all you care about is winning, but makes for some gawdawful boring gameplay for both sides (losers leave and avoid the zerg, zerg sits and caps empty bases with no fights).
  10. SilentWindOfDoom

Global cont pop =/= hex pop. But yes, outnumbering your enemy is boring, that's why TE looks for the largest enemy pop and drops in. More often than not the enemy pop evaporates before too long, perhaps due to the initial shock. One moment you're jerking eachother off waiting for the hex to turn, the next TE is running a train on you. That's not TE being a skillless zergfit, that's other outfits unable to deal with changing situations.

Not once have i had the pleasure of another outfit gal dropping on our position while we're sitting pretty for 4 minutes waiting for something to cap. What is so ******* hard about it?
  11. metrotw

Lattice is coming. You ready?
  12. USD

You can't spell HATE without HA and TE.
    • Up x 2
  13. Giggily

Just like terrible.
  14. HamOnRye

A few observations, by the numbers...

1. Nice command of the English language. I suppose we should be happy it's not written in crayon.

2. These TE guys must really get to you. You have managed to write an entire post dedicated to them, and you have followed it up with multiple replies.

3. If these TE guys are a unskilled as you claim, you should be able to get two maybe three squads of compent players to deal with them. I am assuming your faction can field 36 people together right?

4. Asking for SOE involvement against Outfits you can't handle in game is pathetic. The VS on Waterson are generally down 7 to 10 percent population wise, we have to deal with DVS and ODAM, yet you don't see us coming here whining up a storm.
  15. Jaloro

Inb4

"Oh look, another thread about me!"
  16. SgtScum

Zergfits are great for farming certs when you get a good position for them to break on.

This is why territory control matters as you have to set up that good position in the first place. ;)
  17. Giggily

Oh look another thread about me.
  18. Jaloro

Thankyou sir.
  19. VSDerp

Just because TE has ALOT of members doesn't make them a ''zerg''.Alot of them actually have skill. i know people will quote me qqing and saying im wrong but oh well.just my opinion.DEAL WITH IT!
  20. SgtScum

They have a rather decent air wing but the rest is pretty zergy tbh..