$2.50? I'd pay $10.00 if you offered my infiltrator VS starting armor.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Harkness

I don't know about you, but I base my FoF on character models. NC are blocky, VS and sleek, TR are inbetween. So if it's not a blocky as hell model I'm killing it no matter the camo.
    • Up x 1
  2. MarthKoopa

Camo does nothing because movement is the most important thing in the game, and any movement will make you stick out no matter what you're wearing. An infiltrator with their cloak on? Still super easy to spot, and that's going to hide you more than any camo ever would. If you're standing still, doritos will point at you and tell every sniper within rendering distance to kill you in one shot.
  3. Kuklakot

Unfortunately neither default NC infiltrator nor default NC medic is particularly blocky, plus some camos do a good job at deforming appearance of shapes (that's what camos supposed to do in the first place). There's only about 250ms that separate live from dead in a shotgun fight, so there's hardly anything I can do to avoid many of those TK's. I just hope people who chose to appear in a way that makes them indistinguishable and got two Jackhammer shots in their face are ok with that and accept v8 as consolation enough, because it's going to happen to them rather frequently.
  4. Hoki

Camo makes a huge difference when people aim at the brightest red ******* within view and not the one that somewhat blends into the background.
  5. f0d

imo camo should be more like the TR picture and less like the VS one
    you should be able to clearly see which faction the player is no matter what camo they are wearing
    (camo should be about blending into your environment - NOT about confusing other players which faction you are from)

if they need to do that for balance - then yes i would be
    • Up x 1
  6. Kuklakot

You're all white in my HSNV scope anyway.
  7. Colinthetank

For those of you who say Camo does nothing. I refer you to a guy who had a 15+ knife kill streak wearing camo.

8. Hoki

Good thing that SOE cares more about selling camo than about what you want.
  9. RobotNinja

TK happens regardless of camo worn and even regardless of the fact that there are blue doritos over your head.

Capturing a Tower? The entire thing is swarming with allies and there's like one single enemy in the whole place, huddled behind a shield and crying in a corner? Expect some idiot pub in a Liberator or Vanguard to start shooting at it and teamkilling people.
  10. NanoBitSplit

VS here.

Want to trade Infiltrators? I'd gladly take the old INF suits with the easy-access back hatch over the current boring black bodysuit.

Balls to camo, to be quite frank.
  11. siiix

not every wants to be the same faction

i like vanu camos more my self, but imagine if every paying person in this game would join the vanu only ?! it would be ridiculous

---------------
    the only thing i disagree with on the OP is that i think the faction symbol NEEDS to be mandatory on shoulders
  12. Fenrisk

If the devs want to sell me more camo they better improve the TR infiltrators over all look. The whole PFC black suit with patch's for the butt and crotch just looks wrong.
  13. illgot

and how long ago was that, oh yeah, when the game first came out and people were still trying to shoot SCUs.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flaeb

THANK YOU! You have no idea how annoying this is. I am forced to use the Alpha Squad camo since it's the only thing that looks good on a TR infiltrator.
  15. Souleater

I would love to get some damned purple on my VS toon. I don't want all black armour, either.
  16. Rickenbacker

It's about TR getting shafted when paying for camo, because we have broad black and red fields on our armor that go OVER the camo.
  17. FnkyTwn

The trend i'm noticing is that people who play Infiltrator are
    very, "fashion conscious" more so than any other class.

Why does the Infiltrator attract them? What's up with that?
  18. Springheel Jack

It's fine.

learn2play
  19. illgot

maybe because we need every advantage with camo to stay sneaky since our stealth sucks.

Personally I would pay to trade my stealth for a suit that just stopped opposing players from marking me via spotting.
    • Up x 1
  20. Turkeys!

Because the only people who play infiltrators are transgender, women, or gay.