does getting shot stun you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wwjdx, Apr 26, 2013.

1. wwjdx

seems like while I am getting shot, I can not run, nor even turn very fast via mouse. I have 60fps rate and game is smooth, but seems like while im getting shot, I can not move, nor turn to fire back - not like in my other games. anyone else feel this?
  2. MFP_TK_01

Have you tried not getting shot?
    • Up x 3
  3. Jaes

I've never had this kind of problem, been playing since release :eek:
  4. Udnknome

concussion grenades are more widespread now. I believe that this is what you are experiencing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Chiss

Yeah, i don't feel this either.

What this game does have, that most other games doesnt, is flinching. This may be the cause for your sadness. Look deep inside and you'll find the answer.
  6. VanuSovereignty

Unlikely, probably concussion grenades. Ever since flinch was reduced a few months ago it has little effect on combat.
  7. wwjdx

No. Never. Just never thought about it. What an interesting idea though! Has anyone else gotten this to work?

Really? In a gun game? And this is a reply? ...same in every game forum, isn't it.... maybe it is always the same person too! :D

And what the heck is FLINCHING?
  8. MrGurrenLemfox

i believe it called flinch?
  9. Loegi

When you're hit with your camera will shake or move a little bit. I think it draws to where you were hit. It doesn't inhibit your aiming or movement really, aside from obscuring your vision.

What you first described sounds like a concussion grenade. It severely lowers your mouse sensitivity and movement speed.
  10. wwjdx

ran into concussion only once so far, yes that slows me big time, this is just while getting shot.... I'll pay more attention to the movement, just seems like I am unable to turn around and return fire WHILE taking hits - normally the 50 other games I play I do fine with a spin around and often take them out. so, dieing is new to me in this game. :) But, I am new... and my killer rig arrives next week ;)
  11. Udnknome

then it's just flinch. it moves your ridicule in a random fashion, I suppose it could look like stuttering to you.

You are dieing because of scale and TTK, not because you are necessary bad at the game.
  12. DramaticExit

You just made it into my sig.
    • Up x 2