SOE whats this ? New ability for VS max could ruins the balance between infantry and maxs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Stew360

I saw higby talking about the new ability for maxs ,

TR (( turrets mods encore from ps1 ))

NC maxs instead of a personal armor like HA they got a front shield but cant shoot

VS increase sprint and normal speed who can catch up or even be faster than infantry , but they are suposed to get a overall health nerf while using the ability

This is MADNESS

the only way for regular infantry to outmatch a maxs is having them to be a little slower and slugish , making the VS maxs faster will simply ruins any balance between maxs and infantry ... why ? because even if the VS maxs got a health Nerf if they use this ability they will still be more resistant than a HA with shield and nano armor rigth ? and still the HA class as been nerf but even pre nerf the HA classe was able to outmatch pretty much any class in combat efficiency

This Idea to replace the jump jet from ps1 is plain and simple madness ,

So my question to the devs is this one : How much % the vs maxs will loose if they use this ability ? IF its anywhere less than 50 % the game is doom and we will be stuck in a garbage imbalanced MAGRIDERS type of senarios once agains !

A vs maxs dual quasar with extended magazine will be simply unstopable even with lower health it will be impossible to flee or play with them so we gonna play planet VS MAXS for the next 6 months till you have enough data to realise its broken ?

I already see its broken and i dont even need to play with it to know its a horrible idea MAXS + SPEED = Madness

So please feel free to revisite this idea because its a really bad one ..

PS : at least make the c4 more responsive so we can trow those faster and detonate those faster as well it could safe us from this nasty idea :S
    • Up x 1
  2. Obscura

What the **** are you even talking about? Go on the test server and see what ability we have, it's the ZOE module, it gives is increased damage at the cost of decreased health. But I hope it's OP as hell.

We are the faction of technology, and technology is might. Suck it up, just like the NC told us when the scatmax reigned supreme for 6 months.
    • Up x 20
  3. BalogDerStout

NC calling the VS MAX OP?...

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH.....

AHAHHAH...

HAHHA..

hahahah..

haha..

ah.....
    • Up x 45
  4. ArcKnight

the NC MAX out matched everything in terms of RAW POWER in CQC not speed
  5. Outreach

I almost typed out a real response then I happened to notice who wrote the OP. Almost got me...almost
    • Up x 9
  6. Stew360

Ithink this VS player would never agree with you lol

look carefully and if you dont see how powerfull this vs maxs is you need some new pair of eyes

the NC maxs as a backdraw with insanely slow reload speed and magazine

vs quasar with extended magazine is a nigthmare for infantry

WE DONT TALK ABOUT MAXS VS MAXS IN BIOLAB HERE

WE TALK ABOUT MAXS VS INFANTRY BALANCE
  7. Purg

You're crying over a 'could'? An ability you can't even test right now? Most VS MAX users I've seen are complaining about the ability being useless. Can never please them all.

Go try out TR's lockdown ability. Thankfully it's not finished - but seriously.. go try it. I expect to see another whinge thread from you about it after firing half a clip with it.
  8. Stew360

I Point out a Huge incoming problem ;) thats all i dont want to be stuck in this game with massive VS maxs zerg who run and walk faster than my little infantry guy stuck dying at medium close range by thos nasty thing whith no chance to catch up and not even chance to detonate my c4 before they got a jump on me and even if i shoot at them ill do like what 20 % damage its laughable
  9. NoXousX

All the empire specific max buffs are stupid. MAXes are already OP at everything they do (except for AV). They don't need ANYTHING to make them stronger in their current state. All MAXes do is kill infantry fights.

I don't know... make it take 10 seconds to rez maxes. Make it so they can't be repaired after 'x' amount of time of taking damage. Make it like PS1 where they didn't do more damage than a regular infantry troops. Make it like PS1 where they couldn't spawn at AMSes. SOMETHING needs to be done. They are out of control already, particularly NC AI maxes.

inb4 MAX qq
    • Up x 3
  10. Tommyp2006

In order for the vs max to be op it has to actually be accurate enough to hit something first.
    • Up x 1
  11. Van Dax

It might be overpowered... IF I ever actually hit anything:eek:
  12. EViLMinD

Welcome to asymmetric game design.

I'm glad that the devs are willing to try such features because each faction should be unique. It makes the battlefield a lot more interesting.

People will always complain about stuff; but, I really don't get why some whine BEFORE features have even been added. I say, give it time! Embrace a little change, and.... let the devs take risks. True greatness comes from mistakes.

The legitimate need for balances will arise once we've had time to test this stuff out. So... be patient, kids.
    • Up x 1
  13. ih8Darian

Cocaine is one hell of a drug
    • Up x 1
  14. Bape

Don't worry stew we have our sparrow insta gib the infantry ;).
  15. Obscura

you're still avoiding what I said. Where the hell did you get the idea that VS maxes have this crazy run ability? because I'm on the test realm and theres no such thing.

And that video? Are you serious? Every single one of those kills was in the same range as a bio lab, they were RIGHT in front of him while he had PLENTY of engies and infantry support behind him. Not one of those heavies landed a rockets, and if they did he had an engie there with him. I could show you a 1000 videos of TR and NC maxes doing the same thing and better.
  16. Obscura

But theres NOTHING like that on the test server for the VS max, theres the ZOE module for the VS max.
  17. Rentago

The current problem is the opposite of your complaints, the maxes need to be buffed, the reason they are watered down is the same reason for the tanks being so worthless. They are too accessible and anyone can use them.

They are meant to be feared by infantry, they should be very good at being anti infantry, anti vehicle, or anti air, with the only downside is they can only be dedicated to something specific and can't do all 3.

An anti vehicle max should really make a tank think twice much like an anti infantry max should make soldiers clear the room if they dont plan to lay down overwhelming firepower on it.

The TR get lockdown, which was great in PS1, but will be terrible in PS2, the reason is because maxes can be killed so easily, before they took 4 to 3 rockets from a decimator. Being a still target led them to being in danger of anti vehicle weapons and other things, but they could atleast withstand enough punishment that it was fine.

BULLETS are enough to kill maxes now, easily. ONE C4 is enough to kill maxes, only a few grenades, maybe two rockets.

They are just meant to be the heaviest infantry unit, not a indoor tank like before, they are as easy to be as they are to kill by anyone.

NC get the shield ability, it works as advancing protection, which overall is a straight upgrade coupled with their shotguns, being able to absorb a rocket by turning it on and then turning it off to keep firing is straight up useful.

VS get something that is more like lockdown without having to lock down at all. Which is lame, and stupid. They say jetpacks would be OP, but in reality they just don't want their purpose to clash with light assaults, don't let them fool you.

VS would be trading extra ammo and sprinting, to be able to get over a wall or be able to just maneuver uniquely. It isn't a straight upgrade from sprint, just an alternative to going forward, you instead go UP. They can't snipe, they can't hack, they can't supply themselves ammo, they are easy to kill with bullets let alone any other method, and the excuse currently to making empires unique is that "THEY'LL BE OP."

I'm looking at the TR, they certainly don't say anything about them getting the shaft.

You can see the NC, they don't comment on how that is a pretty good ability people could actually use.

Then we got that ZOE for the VS which honestly is just a revamped lock down. No, ZOE isn't exactly terrible, it does come with a handicap, but it also isn't exactly anything exciting or like empire special, it is just, "VS get a buff"

VS getting jump jets would be far more interesting, far more fun, and would make the empire feel unique, and then the TR will have their ability which honestly only needs to come with a damage absorption bonus during lock down to fix.

And everyone will be unique.

No, stop defending ZOE, would you rather defend the original lasher being that ghost buster beam ****? Quit sucking SOE dick and tell them their excuses don't fly, I want unique empire stuff, I hate how everyone is the same, or just have minor or slight differences. I want REAL differences, ***** we made our exosuit with the purpose of TECHNOLOGY.
    • Up x 1
  18. Obscura

you're still avoiding what I said. Where the hell did you get the idea that VS maxes have this crazy run ability? because I'm on the test realm and theres no such thing.

And that video? Are you serious? First off THAT GUY ISNT USING QUASARS DIP****, he's using the cosmos which are the now the worst VS max AI weapon since the last game update. Every single one of those kills was in the same range as a bio lab, they were RIGHT in front of him while he had PLENTY of engies and infantry support behind him. Not one of those heavies landed a rockets, and if they did he had an engie there with him. If you go on to watch the rest of the video, you can see how great the other two maxes are.
  19. Obscura

lol double posted
  20. Purg

How do you know it's a huge incoming problem when no-one has actually used it?!