About the new Lumifiber Trims

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeralamo, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Jeralamo

they come out in about 2 hours. I cant wait! BUT I know they will take the place of my Viper fins and i really dont want to have to choose between these 2 things. The Limifiber trim is just lights why should it replace my fins? If anything it should take the place of my decal slot as lights and paint are more cosmetic than fins attached to the aircraft.

summary I WANT MY SCYTHE TO HAVE BAD@SS FINS AND LIGHT UP! :(
  2. Baleur

Agreed. We NEED to be able to use multiple customization items at once.
    SOE, you want us to pay for cosmetics, right?

More than 1 cosmetic equipped = more than 1 cosmetic bought = more money for you.

Profit??? Players happy, SOE happy.
    Make it happen Higby.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nocturnal7x

4. Arquin

5. MNO

Lumifiber trims? The **** is that? Links?

edit: Oh **** that looks awesome.

[IMG]

Wish VS got purple or green though, as opposed to teal.
  6. Shasbot

You can only put misc cosmetic feature on your vehicle at a time. Underlighting and Hubcups? Gotta choose one. It's been like this for a long time, and makes the newer cosmetic features a less attractive buy as it means you'll have to get rid of what you were using before.
  7. Nocturnal7x

oh I know, I have rims, tires and antenna ball for flash :p I was just wondering what the lumifiber was. Thanks though :D

I can see using those to help friendlies find my galaxy, and that is where their usefulness ends.
  8. hansgrosse

Turns on and off, eh? I wasn't sold on them until that bit.

So basically I can throw this stuff on my Galaxy, have it turned off for general operations, and switch it on to attract lots and lots of attention when I'm waiting for people to load up on the ground. Sounds like a fun accessory to me!
  9. Shasbot

I thought it was obvious bling bling cosmetics aren't about practical usefulness.
  10. MNO

750 SC seems little steep for this though, 500 maybe but 750... £6 for some lighting.

P.s no trims for the Scythe? I only see them for the gal/lib etc :(
  11. MNO

bumpss.

Still not up? Where was "12.01 PDT Wednesday" said?
  12. Zaik

if they're lights, then i would think they would replace your headlights, especially since they will turn on/off exactly the same as headlights
  13. MNO

I'd assume so as you can turn them on and off, and they'd be tied into the headlight hotkey.

They should be up now according to the thread but the ESF ones arent.
  14. NC_agent00kevin

I'll be flashing mine as I go into battle...like I do my underglow now. Im pretty sure thats what Duke Nukem would do.
    • Up x 1
  15. Konfuzfanten

WHAT?!? You most be kidding! I love teal as much as the next guy, being a jaguars fan and all, but c'mon that should be purple.
  16. MNO

Yea, it's not. And don't buy it, because VS trim is ****. For the Scythe it's one luminous line down the side of each of the back wings, and one strip underneath thats mostly covered up by the front gun.

As opposed to the mosquito which is COVERED in it.

Plus, Teal is ******* ugly, it should've been purple.

Basically this, minus any of the lumifiber once it hits the curve (so about 40% of the ship)

[IMG]

This picture isn't of the Lumifiber, but seems to be what they based it on, as the Lumifiber is two thin lines like in this picture.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Teal is the VS color.
    Did you guys not notice that our shields are teal, our faction colored cockpit glass is teal, and when you camo it only leaves the teal...
    This should not be a surprise..
  18. MNO

It is NOW, but it wasn't our primary colour before. Our primary colour was always purple.

You could argue it still IS our primary colour since guess what the primary colour for all our camo's is?.... Purple, not teal.

When we camo it USED to leave Teal, but that was because the design was bad, now it mostly only leaves DARK PURPLE.

Hence - Purple is our primary faction colour.
  19. Neopopulas

Ever since PS1, teal has been the vanu 'highlight colour'. Its always teal that is the trim, so the lights make sense that they are teal, not purple. Purple is the colour of the vehicle, of armour, its the "base" colour. Teal is the highlight trim, and thats why teal is the light colour.

Also, its teal that trims all the helmets, especially the new ones;
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. Dvine

Let me get this straight..

People will pay 750SC to change their aircraft to a bright glowing "SHOOT!! HERE I AM" sign visible from 2 hexes away?

Heeeeeellll yea, double burster max owners rejoice!