what happened to the shotgun whine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Apr 20, 2013.

1. SinerAthin

Most MAXes don't understand to RUN if you don't kill the LA within the first moment :p

I practise the "Light-Feet" technique with my 800kg Scatmax :p
  2. nella

I still hate the shotguns, especially the pumps. I'm forced to use them in every CQB fight, because I'll get slaughtered by shotguns if I don't.
    • Up x 4
  3. ironeddie

I just thought everyone had become more incensed by the LA jet pack noise.
  4. CommodoreFrank

When you fly, you have to deal with bursters. When you tank, you have to deal with AV turrets. Every choice has something that's a pain to fight against. There really is no point in whining, because they'll get nerfed after enough people buy them.
  5. AltF4Fun

Im qqing alot bout pumps,but out of another reason.I simply like super long time to kills.Like in Halo.At the moment im still enjoing myself in PS2 but the ttk goes downhill super fast in this game.Thats why i also enojed PS 1.A lot of people here say it shouldnt be PS1 but I personally always thought long ttks was kind of a trademark for PS.Could be that im wrong in that term,but where should I hope for my long ttks.Not even the new Halo provides that.
  6. GSZenith

what noise?

j/k aside, i really can't hear anyone else jetpack unless it is 1v1 total empty base or i'm 1-2m behind, nor does anyone else seem to be able to hear mine either.

can you link a good video of ps1 ttk? never played or seen it.
    my fps history is.
    battlefield 1942?
    bf3
    cs:go
    ps2.

(and some random f2p fps on steam.)
    • Up x 1
  7. Zenith

Which as it turns out was not worth raging about in the first place. I spent some time playing LA today, and not only did the noise fail to bother me, but it also went unnoticed by the enemy.
  8. Charlychop

Its funny how people fail to consider that all LA do the same sound, so your movements can be confused with those of their allies, thus allowing you free pass. Its also easy to forget how noise from the battle would drown the noise from then jetpack.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zenith

Precisely why it was not the massive class destroying nerf people were making it out to be. If anything, I actually liked it.
  10. TheBillOf3D

After reading so many complaints about shotguns, I switched to a carbine to see why shotguns were considered OP. I've medaled faster and had more kill streaks with the carbine. Odd that people cry less with a few more holes in them. I also like that the flail around more while getting shot. Although the idea that the shotgun somehow induces more rage makes me want to switch back sometimes.
  11. Zenith

With carbines you have at least some chance to react, but against shotguns you are just dead the second they fire. That's the difference, and that's why people complain more about shotguns than anything else.
    • Up x 2
  12. ChaosRender

You know I should go back to using my shot gun, never though about how it makes the people with all the other free kill guns rage. Need to go test my LA+shotgun more any way, thanks for the advise.
  13. Nimvalz

Don't spread lies, you knwo as well as others that it only three shots at close ranges, after 20m it doesnt 3 shot people.
  14. Jakey

AHA!

This thread is a disguised shotgun whine - I see the game you're playing OP :eek:
    • Up x 1
  15. MrIDoK

Exactly.

Shotguns by themselves aren't unbalanced (the semi-autos and even the full-auto were powerful but very few cried about those), it's the pump-actions and their one-shot-kill capability that annoys lots of people. When i get jumped on it's fine, i die regardless of the weapon my opponent is holding. But if i get the jump on someone and manage to put a lot of bullets into his back, it's very annoying to see him turn around and oneshot me and run away with 1 health left. It's simply frustrating when that happens.
    • Up x 6
  16. Ranik

This. There is nothing more infuriating than completely outplaying someone and watching them skate by with a point and click weapon.
    • Up x 2
  17. xGreedFuSioN

It doesn't 3 shot at range. It doesn't 3 shot past 8M. After that the damage falls off to gauss saw level. (I believe 200 or 225) LOTS of damage falloff on it.
  18. pnkdth

I don't go close to shotgun users anymore, I put myself in positions where shotguns are the least useful. Sort of the opposite of what I would do were I to use a shotgun. It still feels cheap to die to a PA shotgun but it doesn't occur nearly as often as it used to. I more frequently die to the Nighthawk/Piston than any other shotgun.

Doesn't mean I can negate shotguns, and I shouldn't be able to either but I've become better at countering them.

And no, I do not own a PA or an automatic. Only the original semi auto.
  19. PS2Freak

oh common, pumpshotguns- point and click weapon, like if other weapons need madskillz. same point and click..

drama queens, you dont like shotguns dont use it. dont rush then.
  20. Pikachu

It was all fueled by the scatmax. When it got castrated the fury was quenched. Restore scatmax.