Says the Chez: GU07 Weapon Tuning

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JGood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Hip hip hurray! At last! Now I'm happy. :) Your prowlers and magrides are gonna taste the talons of my falcons!
    [IMG]

...this better not be some late april fools joke.
    • Up x 2
  2. TheBloodEagle

Really great news about the Battle Rifle! We've been waiting for it for a long time. Thanks!

Only issue with that update is that now VS will have no drawback for having no bullet drop & will be less unique. This is how it currently is; Further out damage degradation with less hitting power far out but slightly higher damage at closer ranges.

[IMG]

I have a feeling this is being changed because of MLG or new weapons on the horizon for VS.
    • Up x 5
  3. Killy80

Playing all 3 factions equally and the NC MAX is by far the worst now after the nerf. Read my other threads about it, I was in very early to vote FOR a NC MAX nerf. It just turned out the overnerfed again.

That's how they always do it. They nerf one thing, while they buff the counter to it at the same time. And it turns out horrible.
    • Up x 3
  4. daskleineviech

The Prowler's perfectly fine. It can block doors for a short amount of time and still has the special ability to stand completely still, which is extremely useful for the tank with the speciality in being the fastest MBT.

It'd be nice if the TR MAX would actually shoot where you aim, though. Maybe it's a balance thing because the NC one loses all usefulness after 5 meters.
    • Up x 1
  5. Farlion

Awful, awful idea.
    The idea of Vanu being able to snipe me with every class is absolutely terrible and will make TR the utter worst of all 3 factions.
    • Up x 8
  6. ENFORC3R

That is true. I mean look at what happened with the Prowler. Nerf the Magrider, buff the Prowler and the Vanguard.
  7. Stealth1

I see where this is going. They are going to work quite well on infantry, so everyone will be spamming them and the forums will be crying for a nerf, which won't come until sales start to decline.
    • Up x 1
  8. JackOfClubs

Mostly cool. A little concerned about VS weaponry, considering that the damage fall-off was the only downside they had. BR and scout rifle buffs were desperately needed. MAX AV weapon buff is great.

However, I do have a problem with how you're going about balancing AI MAX weapons. It sounds as though you will be making VS/TR weapons better in a general sense immediately after shoving the NC MAX further into it's niche, which was the exact opposite of what you should've done in the first place. Balancing the MAXs on such vastly different paradigms without significant overlap isn't a very good idea. Even if it's only a cursory glance, please take another look at the NC MAX weapons. All the complaints standard infantry had about them still exist but they feel worse to use. I can't see how anyone could be happy with the NC MAX "balance pass".
    • Up x 3
  9. BraSS

This game is going downhill. SMG/PA Shotguns/ESRL/AV Turrets... Lets make OP weapons to sell and not worry at all about the balance and enjoyment of the majority of players.
    • Up x 1
  10. OgreMarkX

Problem is JackofClubs, Sony dragged their feet for so long regarding the glaring OP nature of NC MAX that now pop imbalances are likely here to stay (and to grow more in favor of NC). So Sony can only hope to entice more players to TR and VS...but someone over there doesn't understand that after a period of time new players to game taper off, existing players are less likely to "re-roll" after spending time, certs and cash on one toon.

So beefing anything up on the NC MAX isn't likely.

Sony painted themselves into a corner and standing in that corner is an NC AI MAX.
    • Up x 4
  11. Springheel Jack

I wouldn't worry. NC still have the God SAW and will still outperform everything else at range or up close.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sebyos

FIX THE GAME NOT THE ******* WEAPONS.
    • Up x 3
  13. LonelyTerran

For the love of God...
    The NC Max is superior to the other Max's even after the "Balance pass".
    I would love to be able to insta-kill infantry.
    Max suits are only useful in close quarters hence why the NC Max was balanced because it was so much better.

Moving on
    Those are some nice looking changes.
    Great work $oe.
    • Up x 2
  14. mooman1080

Buffs to scout rifles are always welcome, while not useless the introduction of smgs really sidelined them.
  15. KaMiKaZePiG

So... will the VS MAXes be getting any new AI weapons? Currently I think we're the only empire without an empire-specific MAX AI gun. I know we'll all get the grenades (NS) and the flame throwers (NS), but we still don't really have anything unique on the AI side and our AV stuff is kind of ... situational.
  16. McFatal

Can't wait for the Battle Rifle buff. I hope it's a huge buff too, I bought that thing at launch and it's been collecting dust for a while now. I hope I go back to my gun locker expecting my dinky old rifle but instead find a cannon!
    • Up x 1
  17. Codeak

/voteban

the hell am i looking at here
    • Up x 1
  18. Bape

I for one can't wait now I CAN GO BACK TO MY FAVORITE CLASS INFILTRATOR !!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  19. JackOfClubs

Were you responding to me?
    If you were, I believe you failed to comprehend the point of my post.
  20. Maxor

So for all the crying non VS players who think changing the drop off damage will enable VS to "snipe" with any weapon, think of this. Have you ever played VS for more than a few days? Have you ever noticed that no bullet drop really doesn't make a difference at the intended ranges of the weapons?

I for one am in agreement with these changes to the VS weapons because currently no bullet drop as an empire bonus is a joke. It is way too situational and under used for infantry. Since most infantry firefights dont even exceed 120 metres and that bullet drop is barely noticeable on the other teams (mainly on vertical recoil weapons) it leaves a massive infantry advantage to the other teams.

Frankly, I hate the idea of no bullet drop as an empire bonus. It seems like a developer was too lazy to actually come up with a unique idea for the VS or just didn't bother to try and take the PS1 VS bonuses and apply them to PS2. Even Matt Higby himself said in beta that they were unsure on the direction to take VS in and that they consider the VS to be the middle man or balance between the NC and TR.

Oh by the way TR I believe you guys get 2 bonuses on your infantry weapons; fire rate and clip size. You guys don't have a downside not like you did in PS1, and your second bonus helps with the first by allowing you to not worry about accuracy as much. Considering how the NC and VS only get one bonus for their infantry you still retain the advantage in infantry firefights.
    • Up x 5