MBTs need a health buff and dedicated crews.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goldoche429, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Goldoche429

MBTs are underwhelming and very easily to kill, especially by ESFs and Infantry weapons. They're too easily spammed and feel like disposable tin cans. They do not require cooperation to be efficient, a lone wolf can be fine on his own.

Here's what I propose on the Vanguard and Prowler:

• Dedicated driver and gunners: The driver controls the tank and tank abilities. He can't shoot any weapons.
    • The gunner fires the main turret.
    • Total HP: 200% of their current Health
    • Cooldown: 200% of the current time.
    • Resources: 200% of the current cost.
    • Boost the torque, adherence and make the treads behave like treads, not like wheels. They need to do more traction.
    Magriders can't have dedicated gunners because of the non rotatable turret, so I wouldn't buff their health. I'd make their faction specific secondary turrets more powerful and only slightly augment their Cooldown and Resource cost. They'd be more powerful tanks and less spammable than they are now but still more disposable than the other tanks. I'd balance it so 3 fully crewed magriders (2/2) can take on 2 fully crewed vanguards or prowlers (3/3). A fully crewed magrider (2/2) could take on a (2/3) prowler or vanguard.

Magriders:
    • Damage buffed on faction specific secondary turrets
    • Damage slightly nerfed on main turrets
    • Cooldown:150% of the current time
    • Resources:150% of the current cost
    Obviously Magriders would be more difficult to balance so these stats are only arbitrary.

I'd give slightly more health to base turrets so they can still take on MBTs.
    • Up x 10
  2. GuraKKa

Whenever I get into my Mag or gun someone of my outfit's Mags, I have a blast.
    We last at least 15mins in it before getting destroyed.
    I really don't know why are you ask such a huge buffs.

Play smarter...
    • Up x 6
  3. Goldoche429

Do you sit on the back line and snipe all day? Do you zerg along 10 others (1/2) magriders in your outfit? That's the only thing MBTs are good for. They're XP pinatas, I think they literally have 2 seconds TTK with rocketpods.
    • Up x 5
  4. Izriul

Just no. Making what's already pretty much 1m vehicles only usuable by 2m will make even less of them.

No.
  5. xluryan

If you're driving by yourself on a road and an ESF comes up on you, you're going to die. Just the way it is.

It's not the games fault you made yourself an incredibly easy target. Like post #2 said, play smarter.

Not trying to be a ******, just friendly advice. Tanks by themselves really are free XP. Keep that in mind before rolling down a road all alone.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tobax

I'd still like to see the option of a tank crew be added as a high end cert but you can't force it on people which is why it has to be a cert so people that want to driver and gun still can. Yes its a fact that tanks are more dangerous in the hands of a good crew but that highlights another reason it should have to be paid for with certs.
  7. Goldoche429

But that's good! Tanks should be rare and valuable assets, not disposable and redundant. The additional health will help make pushes in stalemates.

If you just want to have quick fun you drive the lightning.
    • Up x 5
  8. Goldoche429

I know how to play the game and I know they suck if they're not spammed by outfits. Tanks should be able to take a beating. They should also be more rare and valuable. Every idiot 10 minutes into the game can pull out one.
    • Up x 2
  9. Izriul

No, it's not good.

Stop trying to change the game for YOUR preference when it's fine as it is.
  10. Goldoche429

My solution offers 2 styles of gameplay. MBTs could be the equivalent of liberators and lightnings the equivalent of ESFs. Designated drivers and gunners add depth and cooperation, why wouldn't you want that? Don't act like I'm the only one asking for this, we've had these threads since early beta.
    • Up x 4
  11. Bill Hicks

This is how it should have been. I get fools who keep crying this is a vehicle based game, yet in any true vehicle based game you have to have a gunner and a driver. Make tanks strong but require a gunner.
    • Up x 7
  12. Bill Hicks

How would you know if its a preference? whats your preference? maybe the other extreme 1 hp tanks that require 1 resource and 1 second respawn? Isnt this whole game a preference by the devs? He gave a solid reason why he suggested this. If his preference is good gameplay then its mine too.
    • Up x 2
  13. GeneralSJJ

I'd love to see mbt's buffed there just cannon fodder atm and its ridiculous to see a sunderer out last a mbt !
  14. Goldoche429

15. Bearcat

FYI -

There was a lot of discussion during beta about making tanks need a driver and a gunner like they did in the original PlanetSide. The devs emphatically stated that would not happen; however, they said that they might later offer a tank upgrade that would require a dedicated gunner on a powerful turret.
  16. gigastar

If things were fine as it were then MBT's would have some tactical or strategic use other than acting as an attention magnet for all the explosives the other faction can throw at you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Goldoche429

Thanks for the info buddy but I knew all that already. Making crewed tanks as an option won't fix much because it will still allow newbies to spam them whenever they want. Also, the armor wouldn't be buffed, they would only get a bigger gun which is not what we need right now. MBTs are too fragile.

I don't care what the devs want, we're the players, not them. People whined about the lattice system, we got the lattice system. We're the ones feeding them.
  18. Redshift

because they're spammable they're weak, if they were made less spammable they could be made stronger..... this problem with the cert system (or lack of) was pointed out on day one, devs did sweet FA.
    • Up x 1
  19. Eyeklops

How about they just go back and create a proper Magrider tank model that includes a turret like this one did:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. Goldoche429

I'd have no problem with this.