Why are the VS sidearms so awful?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, Apr 4, 2013.

1. VSDerp

ya are sidearms really really suck. Can't depend on them
    • Up x 1
  2. xGreedFuSioN

L2P.
    Also, I betcha ten bucks once the revolver comes out you wont see a single VS using the beamer ;)
    just buff the damage VERY slightly, theyll be fine.
  3. Roy Teppert

I do great with my stock Vanu sidearm. Maybe you're just terrible?
  4. xGreedFuSioN

Well look at it this way, each of the other factions have an interesting option for the pistol:
    Repeater is a pocket SMG, the SMG's BARELY out TTK it
    Rebel, is a 2 shot headshot. Hand held battle rifle, tiny mag tho, kinda annoying
    Manticore is just a slightly (SLIGHTLY) better beamer.
    Beamer should = manticore and manticore should = a better manticorebeamer.
  5. Rogueghost

I prefer the emperor, I only have about 50 less kills with that then the repeater.
    And I owned the repeater since launch, and the emperor for only 3 weeks.
  6. Syphers

NC pistols while good looking aren't better, the Magshot is exactly like the manticore and the Rebel is a piece of junk with a slower fire rate, half the clip size, only 1 less bullet to kill and a screwed up sight that doesn't line up the shot properly, old bug from the beta after they changed the model.
  7. WalrusJones

The emperor has a much forgotten attribute: No accuracy decay while moving.

Its as awesome as it sounds.
  8. Zaik

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12&f=true&colid0=17&filterstr0=PISTOL&colid1=4&filterstr1=200 @ 10m&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

holy crap i brought numbers to a conjecture fight

it's literally the same thing, aside from being very slightly less accurate. I assume that's because the projectile drop on pistols is pretty range limiting.

if you want to talk bad pistols, the rebel is by far the worst in the game. I would say I'm worried that they'll do the same thing with the NS heavy pistol, but after the LMG showed up being the same piece of crap the assault rifle and carbine are I was certain it would be terrible.
  9. Zenith

It's not me that needs to L2P, it's sad sad little Vanu who can't use their weapons effectively. :)
  10. Haya jii san

Why we have so many ***** posts about VS being UP when noone seems to ***** care ?? Im getting tired of this game and Higby's "out of my %^&*" sense of balance.

Sidearms (both copy paste skin, our non-free upgrade being the default NC pistol), MBT (endless posts on this one, the lies, the buff & nerf combo, the signature ability being stripped etc), VS MAX (good for nothing, weakest of all), ESLR (released already nerfed ... thnx Higby), population non-existant (hence the avalance of 4th-factioners swarming to NC ...)

I hate this clown and his sense of balance...

A 2 year old would have thought that smg pistols and auto-shotgun wielding goliaths behind corners would be "slightly" imbalanced.
  11. Wintermaulz

Im sorry, but plasma pistols have been crap since the SPP in Deus Ex
  12. Zenith

Yeah, that's about right. But as I said, two can play at that game.
  13. Metritirodogiy

Haven't used the magshot much, but the beamer is a pretty versatile finisher. Pretty good for switching to after you just barely missed killing someone with a carbine. The accuracy on the thing is pretty good and 17 rounds is enough to kill the majority of anything. It makes a more rounded sidearm than the repeater, which is only useful when you're fairly close, whereas the beamer can score hits up to mid range.
  14. Ibuprofen

That's our upgraded one, just so you know. If you compare the VS/NC default pistols (Beamer and Mag-Shot) you'll see that the Beamer is just straight up worse in almost every category. Now, if it were different, if there were a few stats where it excelled so that it was a matter of preference, I wouldn't care, but it's just straight up worse in almost every stat that matters.
  15. Zaik

looking at it now. it has the same extremely minor reduction in accuracy, and it puts out 1255 DPS. Mag-Shot does 1170 DPS. What exactly are you complaining about here?
  16. Pikachu

Me too. Vanu infiltrators kills me with their pistol far more than TR.
  17. Kogmaw

Oh man, if i could have the TR's repeater, i would be so happy. Slaughtering people with that thing is so easy. The NC seems to be only a bit better over-all the VS imo.

but to pick up and use a repeater, yeah, i would gladly toss my manti
    • Up x 1
  18. Chuckntraig

I don't have any trouble finishing off hostile infantry with the Vanu sidearms.
    I've got the Manticore, but haven't updated all my loadouts so I often find myself with using the Beamer. Can't tell the difference when playing, gotta check loadout via menu to know which of them I'm using.

I'd be surprised and a bit disappointed if fine tuning sidearms were put above fixing other bugs/tweaking balance.
  19. Jezs

500 certs for a magshot with horrible accuracy, faster damage degradation, and slower projectile speed*
  20. Sebyos

Compared to the Repeater...Yeah any of our side arms feel like ****.