Why are the VS sidearms so awful?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Teegeeack

Even the NC and TR stock weapons are better than the Manticore. Need buff.
    • Up x 6
  2. Zenith

Funny that, I've been killed from full health by VS side-arms plenty of times. Seems more of a PBKAC issue if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  3. LonelyTerran

I have been Gibbed by the Beamer due to some nasty desync.(Insta-kill)

Nerf the beamer
  4. 7Elite7

FTFY.
  5. Teegeeack

Given that it's a weapon, and it causes damage, I'm not surprised you've been killed by it. But that fact doesn't change how bad VS sidearms are.
    • Up x 6
  6. Zenith

No, they're not. I've used them plenty of times, and they're fine. Learn to use what you have.
  7. Mythicrose12

NS heavy pistols are on the board. I'm hoping the developers remove the current idea of a "charge up" Vanu pistol when the empire specific pistols are introduced. It's fine for the lancer but charging up a side arm for close quarters use sounds terrible. Manticore isn't horrible. Both the Beamer and Manticore are more silent than the NC/TR pistols. I'd still love to take a Repeater from a dead TR, though.
    • Up x 3
  8. Teegeeack

Thank you Professor Zenith, expert on VS sidearms, for setting me straight.
    • Up x 3
  9. Teegeeack

I don't want NS heavy pistols. I want the current sidearms to be as useful as the NC and TR ones.
  10. Zenith

No probs, when you've played all three factions, you get a lot more perspective on things. :)
  11. Mythicrose12

I can empathize. If the situation allows, I rather press my luck reloading my primary weapon than use the Beamer. Manticore at least hits slightly harder. With three factions, one will always draw the short straw in some areas. One of VS drawbacks are mediocre pistols.
  12. treeHamster

What they need to do is improve the reload times for the VS pistols. All the pistols have the same reload times and it goes to neglect the VS's faction trait of "faster" reloads. Especially because that "no bullet drop" doesn't help a pistol because they're inaccurate outside of 20 meters and you'd be lucky to land 1 shot much less kill the enemy. Heck the TR Repeater has the lowest recoil! The recoil trait is suppose to be found in the VS but not here.

If they just made the VS pistol reload a LOT faster, it'd feel a lot better. Maybe cut the reload by 50%.
  13. iShootCats

14. HazyW

The manticore is fine. What, EXACTLY, is wrong with it? All the stats are available, so tell us, what needs to be changed and why?
  15. Herrick

You have never fired the repeater, have you?

Go to VR as a terran and fire the repeater as fast as you can from the hip.
  16. AnuErebus

Tx2 Emperor, worst pistol in game, same damage but shoots slower than the Beamer. Granted the TX1 Repeater is ridiculous up close but I'd take a Manticore/Mag-shot over it any day for their reliability. Just wait for NS revolvers, then we'll all have decent pistols.
    • Up x 1
  17. Rudette

I feel for you guys on your pistol options! Vanu pistols seem to generalize rather than specialize like the other two faction pistols. I suppose the Manticore is pretty nice but... 500 certs for a Mag Shot?

I'm hoping the NS Revolvers bring you guys some more options!
  18. treeHamster

You're suppose to allow for a little time in between shots so you can reduce the CoF. When you do, you STILL get a TTK that's lower than the Beamer. Most TR are just so noobish that they spray it as fast as they possibly can.
  19. Chiss

I actually find the Beamer fine to use, i'm more successful with it than the Magshot, as you can actually see what youre shooting at when you iron sight...
  20. S0LAR15

They do suck, its true, just another thing we got gimped on, but dont worry those pistol shots dont drop over distance!