WILL THESE SPECS RUN PS2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Clintamis, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Clintamis

Will these specs run ps2?

Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels
    Processor 2.6 GHz Core i5 3230M
    RAM 4 GB DDR3
    Hard Drive 500 GB SATA
    Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 730M
    Graphics Card Ram Size 2000 MB
  2. Ripshaft

it's free, just try it. It'll probably run, though it probably wont run well.
  3. Clintamis

but im buying a new computer. i dont want to just 'try it'. i want to make sure it will work.
  4. Clintamis

What about these specs?
    Processor Brand AMD
    Processor Platform AMD VISION A10 APU
    Processor AMD A10-Series
    Processor Speed 2.3GHz
    System Memory (RAM) 6GB
    Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3 SDRAM
    Computer Hard Drive Size 750GB
    Optical Drive DVD±RW/CD-RW
    Digital Media Reader or Slots Yes, digital media card reader
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7660G discrete-class
    Video Memory Up to 3053MB total available
  5. Clintamis

(above) sorry bout all the extra text, just copyd and pasted.
  6. Metalsand

(reply is directed to original post)

Yes and no. You should upgrade your ram to at least 6 gigs. I recommend 8. I have a computer with a quad core Phenom II black edition, GeForce 560ti, 4 gigs of 1600mhz ram and while I get decent frame rate at almost minimum settings (30 in battles, 50 at warpgate), I still get random stutter because my ram usage is maxed out. I just ordered 4 more gigs, which will fix the random lag spikes, and hopefully increase my FPS a little with the CPU not having to constantly load/unload ram if I move 1 foot.

If you want to run it at those specs, you essentially have to give up on air combat because you'll never be able to play with it (my laptop has similar specs and it can just barely play planetside 2 on bare minimum) and you'll have to set EVERY single graphics setting to the bare minimum.

Oh, and I recommend getting a better processor/graphics card if you can help it, but in this case, 6 gigs of memory will be cheaper, and will probably help much more.
  7. Alexlightning7

first one, absolutely. well..... maybe.

the 730m is part of Nvidia's new series. It might not be supported at launch and you probably run the risk of g25 error for atleast the first 1-2 months.
    The processor and graphics are both above what you need. This game can be playable on an HD 2000, and a 730m is much much much more powerful. the processor should perform exceptionally for now. If my math is right, it should be about 10-15% stronger then mine(based of going from sandy bridge to ivy bridge, which is a 10-15% more perfromance per clock, and they are clocked the same).
    its enough. I never go below 20 fps(but, I dont really go above 20 fps in big battles either). 10-15% more performance should help.

The second one, NO NON ONONONONONPONONONONONONONONNONONO DO NOT BUY.

AMD processor. Now I am not a intel fanboy. amd Desktop processors are just fine. but holy **** did they drop the ball on their laptop linups.
    AMDs strongest laptop cpu is the A10-4600M quad core @ 3.2 Ghz, yet has similar performance to an intel sandy bridge dual core i3 @ 2.1 Ghz.
    that is embarassing.
    And considering that a 730m is around the level of a 640m, its graphics are much more powerful then integrated 7660g graphics. first is better in every way.

the first should play it fine, i would find the cost first though. i can probably tell you if its a good deal or not. lots of people get ripped off on fancy new graphics cards that just came out.
  8. Alexlightning7

I agree on the ram, but the rest, no. I can play fine on a i5-2520M with a similar graphics card(through, an amd).
    I play primarily air too.
  9. BlackDove

You seriously posted a FOURTH thread ON THE SAME TOPIC?

People have been giving you good advice about getting a new laptop, and you don't seem to get that you can post in the same thread.

The 730M is the same as a 640M basically(GK107 with 128 bit GDDR3).

I linked you to several laptops that will run it well, for $1,200, $1,000 and $900. If you want a laptop that will run PS2 EXTREMELY well, you'll need to spend about $2,000.

You should really learn about these things, so you can stop repeatedly posting threads and ignoring the good advice people give you.
  10. Clintamis

black dove. what does it matter to you?
  11. BlackDove

You ask the same stupid question, over and over, ignoring everyone's advice. It's ridiculous for you to post FOUR THREADS on the SAME QUESTION.
    • Up x 1
  12. Clintamis

first off that is not in my budget. second off, i am looking for the best computer for my price range. third, what does it matter to you and 4th I want people to see my thread. no one will scroll al the way to the bottem to see my next question. so just let it go, it doesnt make anydifference to you.
  13. Clintamis

now what about these specs?

Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Max Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels
    Processor 2.2 GHz Core i7-3615QM
    RAM 6 GB SDRAM
    Hard Drive 500 GB SATA
    Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
    Graphics Card Ram Size 2000 MB
    Wireless Type 802.11bgn
    Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 1
    Average Battery Life (in hours) 4.5 hours
  14. BlackDove

You posted a link to a $900 POS Dell. How is the one I posted, which is actually good, out of your price range?

You just keep posting new threads asking the same question, after tons of people respond!

People see your thread, respond, you ignore it, then post a new thread asking the same question. It's idiotic.

Try learning a little bit about computers yourself so you're not so dependent on knowledgeable peoples' advice WHICH YOU IGNORE.
  15. Clintamis

but what difference does it make to you if i make a new thread or not?
  16. Mayhew

First one is better altho it will not run it smooth and pretty.
  17. Clintamis

18. RaZz0R

Clintamis,

if you seriously want advise - take a look at my sig, what I crossed out I have upgraded.

Buiding a computer from parts will save you cash.

Get the core bits you need...

get a intel i5 or i7 (up to you) but get a higer clocked chip... 3.5ghz plus!
    Get a Nvidia card so you can see all the cool physx stuff - its worth it IMO as new games will use it as well.
    I can recommend the gigabyte 660ti 2gb overclocked version - I spent alot of time researching which card to upgrade to - best performance vs price.
    For the hard drive - get a 120gig solid state hard drive - use it to load windows and ps2 plus other BASIC apps - get another hard drive for either a second windows install or use it to install other apps you want. keep stuff off the SSD drive.

Then... get mother board and memory to suit said board - you can save cash there as well.
    And of course a case and a screen.

Then... in time you can upgrade bits you skimp on to save cash - ie the motherboard, ram & cpu cooler. (You get a stock one with the CPU anyway) and even better you can upgrade major parts over time meaning the PC will last you alot longer.

So you can either read this and take it on board or buy a cheap ****** laptop that you can't upgrade and waste cash in the long run?
    and yes - 17 years in IT backs up the knowledge. :)
  19. BlackDove

It's not, and it has a decent GPU. The only problem is that it comes with 1 4GB DIMM, but so did my Ultrabook. You can just upgrade it to 8GB of RAM by installing another DIMM. IF you bothered to do some research then you'd know something so simple, and dismiss idiots who don't know anything about computers giving bad advice.
  20. BlackDove

It's just pointless to keep ignoring everyone's advice and posting new threads for no reason. Buy some POS for all I care. Then you can come post a million threads complaining that it won't run PS2 properly.