Any infiltrator only outfits?

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Vikarius, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Vikarius

As a mainly infiltrator VS player, looking for either an infiltrator only outfit or an outfit with an infiltrator specialty "squad"

I like to sniper, whilst I can do long and very long ranges, I prefer and spend most of my time in 20-100m with a bolt action, 7x and suppressor.
  2. Apis

3. Grendel

Vikarius,

VS3 relies HEAVILY on infiltrators to do what we do. I'm the outfit lead, and I play infiltrator most of the time. Like you, I enjoy sniping, and I think you'd enjoy running with us. I won't tell you that you'll ONLY be sniping, but we are always looking for snipers, and you can certainly do a lot of it during VS3 ops.

Check out our recruitment thread on this forum, I just bumped it. If you're interested, pm me or send an email to director@vs3-planetside.com
  4. VonGrim

Hey Vikarius,

I haven't seen anything like this, but i too would be intrested in joining an infiltrator onloy squad/outfit on VS.

The idea of a small team drop podding or Gal dropping into and enemy base and turning it over under the noses of the enemy whilst having overwatch support from sniper teams flicks my gaming switch. If you'd be interested in establishing something like this, let me know and we could sort something.
  5. VSDerp

a infiltrator only outfit sounds pretty cool. i play infiltrator 95% of the time and if anybody make a outfit like this i will join:D bump
  6. Czuuk

How could such an outfit exist if everyone around you is always dead?
    • Up x 2
  7. VSDerp

anything is possible gotta think outside of the BOX!
    • Up x 1
  8. Bradt

I've been looking for something like this as well. Sounds like it'd be a blast.
  9. Czuuk

Negative. The box is dead.
    • Up x 1
  10. VSDerp

the BOX never dies ! geesh your signature distracts me.
    • Up x 1
  11. L3TUC3

I never seen one. Must be cloaked all the time.
    • Up x 2
  12. Czuuk

Working as intended. ;) Have you read teh disclaimer?
    • Up x 1
  13. Czuuk

We seez you mate. ;) 12X. If you know what I mean.
  14. Death Reaper

This, 100% this. Infiltrators have a bit of a hard time being legitimately stealthy when surrounded by an outfit's platoon full of heavies and engineers - no matter how great and coordinated that outfit is. If we could get enough people involved, an all-Infiltrator outfit could truly become a force to be reckoned with.
  15. Jrv

That's gotta be the least effective force multiplier for an outfit ever conceived.

"Hey guys, let's all be the most useless class!"

Godspeed, OP.
  16. RobotNinja

There are a lot of well-coordinated outfits that use teamspeak to break up their outfits into ground, air, infantry squads/platoons along with "specialty" units like you're talking about.

But an outfit consisting solely of Infs is silly. I main an Inf too but I take advantage of the current situation in game. If there's a whole bunch of enemy air flying around Ceres Hydro/TI/Crown, I'm gonna probably pull out a Hawk (oh wait Phoenix is OHK on ESF...let's see how many I can shoot down...lol...none unless they fell asleep hovering in mid-air) or maybe a burster MAX...or an AA turret...or a Skyguard...the point being, I'm going to use whatever I can that can best exploit the current combat scenario.

If I just stood around trying to shoot ESFs with a sniper rifle because of principles that would just be silly.
  17. Prodigal

People need to grow some nuts and l2p without becoming invisible and running like a pussycat.
  18. RadiO

Because we all need more Heavy Assaults, amirite? No.
    • Up x 1
  19. Astraka

People also need to stop being obvious that they get sniped all of the time and are mad about it.
    • Up x 2
  20. Death Reaper

I'd imagine it being more comparable to the structure of, say, LA or HA specialized squads; you'd have one support medic to keep people alive, 11 Infiltrators to be Infiltrators, and then just use infantry terminals to swap out a percentage of squad members for AA MAXes and the like if the need arises. While everyone in the outfit would need to be able to main as an Infiltrator, it wouldn't literally be a pile of squads of 12 infiltrators each - obviously that would fail to succeed, for the very reasons you've mentioned.

This is definitely a thing that needs to happen; Infiltrators moving en masse is just too good a concept for it not to be done. It'll need a solid member count to kick off, but if it could get that far, it'd be amazing.