So you buffed the Phoenix?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Czuuk

Please do go on... I need more salt water for my bath.
    • Up x 1
  2. Eclipson

Situational awareness. So if I am focusing on people in front of me, I should totally have to pay attention to a random flying rocket, coming from a random place. Yep, thats soooooooo easy to avoid. And half of the time, the rocket doesn't even render! You expect me to avoid that?
  3. Eclipson

Why the heck don't they just buff the vehicle damage, and nerf the infantry damage on this thing and make it an anti-vehicle weapon like the rest of the rocket launchers?
  4. SirBurning

Magrider statistically showed it was far superior to other tanks. Over the course of 3 months on average the Magrider had double the K/D vs Other tanks. Solid Indication of something being not right.

The Prowler had DOUBLE the infantry killing power compared to the other tanks. 1 Prowler had the same DPS vs Infantry as 2 Vanguards.

There you have your problems. Undeniable statistical advantages.
    Now the Phoenix.
    What exactly is the problem? You having to move to shoot it's user? You not being able to see it and shoot it down? You not being able to step 2 feet to the side?

Honestly, I don't really get it, What is the problem aside from it being 'annoying' (which is a useless argument).
    • Up x 3
  5. Zenith

Because then TR will simply cry a larger river of tears. It's a no win situation for the devs.
  6. jjruh

Because it already does the same vehicle damage as a standard rocket launcher, Why on earth would they make a GUIDED rocket, that does MORE damage than the standard launcher? Quite honestly, I have no problem with the current lancer damage, instead, I hate the lancer damage COMPARED to the phoenix damage, I think, that the phoenix should be nerfed to the level of the lancer, and the lancer should stay the same. That is what needs to happen.
  7. Shockwave44

Crying and tears.

That's so original. Never heard that before.
  8. FlayvorOfEvil

I find it interesting that boosting the damage against aircraft abit and then slowing down the missile is suppose to make it more anti air. That's like saying "We've made your knife do more damage, but you're going to have to be inside the other player's player model to do damage. Oh and the knife still isn't a OHKO"
  9. jjruh

Honestly, I'm not annoyed, and I dont care what happens (even though i have opinions on what SHOULD happen). I was simply making the point that, When people called for the magrider nerf, the VS would hear nothing of it. When people called for the prowler nerf, the TR would hear nothing of it. And now the NC wont hear anything about the phoenix nerf. But like I said above... I think it should be the same as the lancer, which is that much to ask.
    • Up x 1
  10. Eclipson

Why is it that when the TR think something should be nerfed, its just because we are "crying a river of tears" but yet when the NC think something is OP and should be nerfed, its completely reasonable?
  11. SirBurning

I hate the damage of the Annihilator compared to the Decimator..
    Your point being? My weapon does less damage than his weapon. I don't like that so I think we should be equal or the other way around.
    Can you please be so kind to explain why you think this would balance anything? Or why you think this is even remotely close to a good decision?

SO it's because you guys had some stuff nerfed. And we haven't yet. We need to get a nerf on something for the sake of ?
    That makes no sense at all.
    And , I happily hear about a nerf if there was an actual problem. Which there isn't , unless you can name me it.
  12. Kuklakot

That's single hit damage. Unless that damage is enough to OHK a vehicle, it's more or less irrelevant. The relevant value would be DPS or vehicle TTK. In that regard Phoenix is pretty bad, because the time you spend on guiding missile adds to refire time. At long ranges you can only make one shot in 12-15 seconds, which is pretty awful. Not that I'm complaining. I think Phoenix is a great AV option right now, but it also comes with significant drawbacks.
  13. rickampf

I like my T2-Striker as it is. NC likes their Sniper Rocket Launcher, and VS likes their Glancer, everyone is happy.Let the kids have some fun... no more nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  14. jjruh

From under 50 meters the TTK of a tank with the phoenix and the standard launcher is almost exactly the same. And the practical TTK of a tank at 300 meters is MUCH higher, because of the fact that you can guide the rocket in case the tank moves. Wheres you can't with the standard one....
  15. Kon

balance isnt about damage, because if it cannot hit air at all then statistically its worse off than the other 2 as they CAN hit air quite reliably.. the trick is to adjust it so it has a fair hit margin against all targets then proceed to balance damage afterwards. if that takes them till friday night then it does, the damage will be nerfed but maybe as i said they wanting to try out different things that will actually solve the problem as you know what even if it only did 50% damage you would still QQ about all the random **** that keeps hitting you and making you have to run medpacks to keep your HP at normal levels... or something
  16. NoctD

Quoted for truth! I bought the Phoenix now that they fixed it, so much fun to play with and you miss a ton if you try to snipe infantry, but that just makes it even more fun. I like my Striker as is even though I hardly get all shots on target, but its a fun enough launcher. Don't think I'm getting the Glancer yet though cause there's only so much SC one has, but it feels so much better now when I played with it.
  17. jjruh

are you really that ignorant? OK, so the lancer, it has a really fast projectile meh accuracy and less damage than a regular launcher.
    The phoenix, Meh speed, Infinite accuracy due to the fact that it is user guided, and The SAME damage as a standard launcher.
    Standard launcher, Meh speed, Meh accuracy, and standard damage.

Gun speed, Accuracy, damage
    Lancer Good Meh Meh
    Phoenix Meh Good Good
    standard Meh Meh good

standard 1/3
    Lancer 1/3
    phoenix 2/3

do you get my point yet?

And are you really that dumb to think that I just want to nerf things to get back at the NC? do you think I am that shallow as to just want a unfair advantage over others?....
  18. HadesR

Not really ... Just a lot of us know the real nerf vs infantry will come when they change the camera mode to be like NV , obviously that wasn't ready for today's patch.
    Making thread after thread about the same subject isn't going to make it ready for today's patch .. Wait and see how the real nerf's work before asking for more
  19. SirBurning

That's simply a problem with the Lancer, not the Phoenix.
    And as I have said before, Striker is fine , Phoenix is fine. Lancer is UP and need some change..
    Which you just have proven to me...

And could have been, you never know what sort of ridiculous things people come up with on these forums. It's rather, there are people on this forum so dumb I have to take something like that as a possibility..
  20. HadesR

It has a really bad shot > kill ratio unless you find a group of camper's in the open ... but yes it's fun .. Can't beat curving it over a hill , around buildings and into a Tech plant vehicle bay
    • Up x 1