Phoenix still OHK people?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wezdor, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Wezdor

I am puzzled, why did they retain the OHK on the Phoenix? I was under the impression that was going away, and the recent changes seem to make it better ( at least on paper, i don't play NC enough to know first hand ).

Matthew Higby@mhigby 24 Mar
    @UnrealGaz @LerdMumbungo we'll probably reduce it's vs infantry damage and increase it's anti-air damage, hopefully add a "fuel gauge".

What's up with that, someone care to explain?
  2. Killy80

3. Bape

keyword "Probably" They must have realized this isn't ps1 and it a new generation where TTK is low.
  4. Wezdor

5. Killy80

It probably takes some time to implement.
  6. ThePackage

Killing people with the rocket is fun fun fun.

Fun³ if you will
    • Up x 1
  7. NinjaTurtle

8. Czuuk

Hopefully the reconsidered after they realized that the slowest rocket in the game with only 300m of fuel isn't going to work to shoot down airplanes than can out run it in 1.5 seconds.
  9. Goodnight

the reasoning is easy. Both the other launchers have a significant advantage with the range they have. As long as they impliment that range thing to obscure inf at longer ranges only like the current night vision on vehicles it will be balanced.
  10. Czuuk

11. Wezdor

Hmm, yeah, IF they still intend to add that NV effect. Otherwise, this is still the #1 infantry farming simulator in the game.

Making infantry harder to pick out would probably fix the issue quite nicely though.
  12. Bankrotas

Yeah, I kinda don't like it one hits infantry, it's a great AV weapon, but just ineffective now, since it's easier to kill infantry and get a kill each rocket instead of 400-700 for vehicle :/
  13. SirBurning

Fine fix. If infantry renders / shows late, it's hard to make a last moment adjustment to hit them.
    Aka, making sniping infantry alot harder.

Good job SOE, you fixed something without reducing / increasing damage.
    You should do more of these type of fixes. Damage isn't the magical stat that balances everything. Its more likely the one that unbalances stuff the easiest.
  14. NinjaTurtle

Yeah and coupled with the fact that it now travels slower it should be easier to counter simply by shooting it down.... if it renders properly of course.
  15. XParagonX

Lancer takes 3 hits to kill infantry.
    Phoenix takes 1 hit to kill infantry.
    Sounds reasonable!

A rocket launcher is supposed to be AV
    Right now the phoenix main role is AI
    Sounds reasonable!

Striker even kill infantry?
    Sounds reasonable.

So NC is only one that got a really effective infantry killing weapon, while TR got Anti-air/Vech weapon, and Vanu idk, have not found out what its good at yet, o ya nothing.
    Sounds reasonable!

Lets give NC and TR cool launchers
    Lets get Vanu some Crappy **** *** launcher
    Sounds reasonable!
  16. Bill Hicks

I dont get it. People getting hit by a phoenix are people sitting on a hill trying spam into whatever structure they are attacking. I never hit smart players moving up and using cover. The phoenix is great weapon for killing engineers spaming av rockets, or heavies who like to hold m1 in the middle of the field.

That being said they should nerf the damage against infantry by 25% to its not one hit kill. Aslong as they make it more worth while to hit vehicles. It has a massive deadzone that forces you to shoot almost at max range just to hit anything, and you have to worry about the very short range ( 300 meters) it can get frustrating.
  17. NinjaTurtle

I have made various posts on this forum advocating Lancer and Striker buffs as well though.

Lancer to have a buff against infantry and for the Striker to have lock on for Max units and/or a dumb fire mode.

This would imo be reasonable. The Phoenix is already in a good position the Lancer and Striker just need to catch up a little
  18. Bill Hicks

BIG PICTURE. THE PHOENIX CANNOT STOP INFANTRY RUSHES. Seriously the Phoenix is very poor in actually stopping infantry. By the time you guide the rocket, reload, the dude probably has already respawned or been rezed since you killed him in a safe spot.
    It only kills lazy infantry that just sits on a spot trying to cheese their way to more certs.
  19. Wezdor

Dude. This is not a "PHOENIX OP!!!!! STRIKER AN LANCER UP PLS BUFF!!!11eleven" thread.

The Lancer is fine, mind you. People just complain like the little babies they are. I'm asking what the explanation of the OHK still existing on Phoenix is as the last information i had was that it was about to be removed.

Now, please take this crap out of my thread.
    • Up x 1
  20. DaninTexas

How about an instant damage weapon that can't be shot down
    • Up x 1