Heed my words, TR!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MGP, Mar 22, 2013.

1. xen3000

:confused:
    Yeah, that would suck. Worse of all, any kind of balancing mechanic they implement to dissuade the "lock-on-side" crusaders from calling for a nerf will likely just give ammo for the disgruntled TR to demand a buff. I really hope SOE has prepared for the incoming sh!tstorm over the Striker from all sides...
  2. WalrusJones

TR is the natural infantry zerg faction...

Our medics can dominate ground forces with absurdly strong rifles, our HA's can... Do that thing in the annihilator... But twice as much damage through using 5X as many rockets at half the strength of the videos rockets.....
    Our light assaults have jaguars.

Our infantries Achilles heel is our HA's being lacking in their MG's.

Making NC an equally infantry zerg faction, given their HA's are artillery platforms of low damage potential, but have VERY Good MG's....
  3. y3ivan

that was kinda of what i m expecting that it will be only ground base laser-guided 5xrocket swarm. But nope, more lock-on launchers
  4. Tekuila

Why can't it just be dumb fire.
  5. Phrygen

this
  6. WalrusJones

Shoulder fired lolpods....
  7. Shockwave44

What reason was that?
  8. Zaik

I laughed.

Anyway all this means to me is flares/IR smoke when fighting TR, anything else when fighting VS.
  9. Zaik

It's 2500 damage per magazine, 500/shot. Dumbfire is 1700, Decimator is 2k. Annihilator is 1200.
  10. WalrusJones

You pop your flares, you are safe for 7 seconds....
    Then you need to wait 20 seconds for them to recharge. In cover.

No proximity radar to protect yourself from C4 light assaults, enterprising engineers on flashes (Or medics... Or HA's.... Or infiltrators with particularly destructive passengers.)
  11. Zaik

You forgot the dreaded short rock in the center of my tank while I shoot over it. Makes you completely immune to lock ons, but yeah no radar :/.
  12. WalrusJones

I suppose you.... Don't drive around with a passanger who has C4 in your rumble seat that often?

It takes one striker lethal-suppression team to get your attention, one team with flashes.... Entire squad of tanks dead at an infantry-lives cost.
  13. MaxDamage

Intelligent, co-ordinated teamwork is OP.

No, wait. It isn't. It's exactly what it should be, the deciding factor in the most crucial of victories.
  14. StormStrafe

I've never called anything OP on these forums. Your efforts are misplaced.
  15. Zaik

If two squads have to come together to take out my tank then I kind of feel like I succeeded.
  16. WalrusJones

No, not you.
    You are two men coordinating against you is enough.

Take out your tank squad: Without significant casualties.

Your tanks are on 15 minute counters, and your 12 guys who are certed into tanks now need to take out a TR force of greater size then them.

Your platoon leader would ostracize you if you called that a "Success," You guys popped ir on lock, took cover, and got nuked.
    Hell, some I know would kick you out of sheer hatred of your optimism.
  17. Tekuila

Squads sitting up on a landing pad on the crown aren't exactly going out of there way for a "strategic victory", they are just sitting up there farming with little to no effort.
  18. Zaik

I have a tank squad?
  19. WalrusJones

If you did, I just killed you all with a few guys locking onto you with strikers to force you into cover (With a few of you probably dieing in the process of not having smoke to get you into cover, and being stuck without a tank,) and a few guys sneaking up with flashes and nuking you.
  20. MaxDamage

Wasn't insinuating you had.