Purchased common pool item more than once? U Get Nuttin!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Aisar

Wow lol ^
  2. MrMagicGuns

I'm disappointed by this, but what can a little peon like me do about it? Just shell out more money to keep myself entertained.
  3. Ronin Oni

You might want to edit your post and add Radars quote to the top... maybe trimming it down if you want... but by quoting him he'll see it in his 'Alerts' list.

Just a tip
  4. MooMF

This is just a question of how much Sony values early adopters; too be honest, I'm not bothered either way, but refunding/crediting would certainly help to restore/reinforce faith in the brand. It's response will speak volumes about whether it see's the players as part of a community that Sony themselves are part of, or simply as cash cows.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ash87

Point 1: Apparently so. The point is right there funnily enough, but I imagine your intentionally ignoring it to make a point callously, that is the only explanation I can think up, for why you are intentionally being arguemenative about something that, really isn't that difficult of an issue to grasp. I'm being kind of course, because the only other explanation is that you are attempting to garner some kind of reaction from people.

Point 2: Well that isn't true. The item you paid for was Station Cash. That is what you paid money for. Money is the thing you use to purchase Station Cash. Station cash is then exchanged for another good. Now, in this case the station cash that was purchased, is no longer being tradedt on anything when someone in the past purchased multiple, same items, across multiple accounts. The reason for this, is that the second, same, item that those people acquired using SC no longer exists. If I were to purchase SC and trade it for a Dalton right now, I would own a dalton on each account. So I would own 2 daltons. A week ago, I would have needed 1 dalton for each account, they would be two Seperate items, traded for at seperate times. That is no longer the case. So since the SC I purchased no longer is applied to any item, as said item no longer exists, it is still My SC.

Point 3: Expound on this if you would. I have humored you here by addressing your points. So explain intelligently how Store Credit doesn't violate your statements, and how it is no longer applicable once you get Online. You are intentionally attempting to limit reasonable examples, to try and prove a point. In doing so you are taking on an overly simplistic POV, and ignoring many things that are applicable to the situation.

Point 4: Well you are in the minority.

Point 5: See above points. Entitlement applies if someone is asking for something that is granted to them. No one was Granted SC. People purchased it, and then traded it for another item.
    • Up x 3
  6. MilitiaMan

You're obviously just trolling then.

Lets say I take away all your ESF and MBT upgrades, LOLpods and HE.

Would you be angry?
    • Up x 1
  7. RadarX

I'm afraid your statement is completely false. It's absolutely read and literally all I'm doing right now.
    • Up x 7
  8. Goden

And you are the only SOE name I see on these forums that actually talks with people.

You do good help with technical problems but when it comes to big changes - the people that we need to get a message to are usually nowhere to be seen.

The higher-ups don't even post on these forums. They use Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. Sometimes PSU.
  9. Arreo

I hate to burst your bubble, but just today four different SoE employees posted (not counting TSRs and MODs) and they wrote 27 posts...

They are here, actually more than a lot of Devs in a lot of other games. Sure they could improve a lot, frankly the reliance on twitter annoys me but they are getting better at that.
  10. -Crotalus-

We might not have the most friendly of exchanges, and I will plainly admit to being a D--- to you in emails.......

But you guys over there need to sit down in the meeting room, and take a long moment to reflect on how you guys are treating your customers......

If you don't know in your heart right now what you guys are doing to multiple purchase customers is wrong, please tell me now so I can start clearing space on my hard disk.
    • Up x 3
  11. Goden

^^^

If this is the way SOE is going to be treating their paying customers (you know, the guys who actually supported SOE) then I'm done with both this game and SOE's products.
  12. Stellus

Just be sure to get out of the office by 5pm. Don't let the gnashing and wailing of our teeth consume you...
  13. Gary

I have never read anywhere they are going to do mass account wide refunds... All i saw was they are "Looking for a solution"
  14. SirJMD

First i just want to say, that I haven't bought any weapon twice!

But RadarX, people get mad because they were promised a solution, but didn't get any. They feel forgotten. I fully understand them, don't you?
  15. Yidazen

Account wide unlocks was a giant joke. Why would I have to purchase rocket pods on all characters? Composite armor and camo should be as well. These should be an account wide unlocks. SOE will not get anymore money from me.

Secondly I have been trying to get their attention about weapon attachment problems for the past week. I sent them messages on twitter, Facebook, bug forums, game play forums, support tickets, and more and still ignored. The weapon attachments have been broken since GU04, and still not fixed. T1 Cycler missing reflex, forward grip, SABR-13 missing compensator. This is sad and shows very poor community relations to the players.
  16. Flukeman62

Originally Posted by Higby
    Here's the scoop. Your "item" is unlocked into a shared inventory across all your characters, but it's the exact item you unlocked. The items across different empire specific weapons are COMPLETELY different items, from a data perspective. Yes, including the tank secondary weapons - they have totally different mount point information and item id #s so we can track them separately in data. The common pool vehicle weapons are not, therefore when you acquire that item you can use it on all empires. All cross-empire infantry weapons are completely different (again, from a data perspective, not talking about gameplay mechanic attributes), and many of them do not have "equivalent" weapons, at best they have "associated" weapons - i.e the ones that were released together. So, what does all that mean?

It means to unlock empire specific items across empires we would need to create bundles, do a lot of work with item previews and stats comparison to allow you to check out the hades and the crow when you pick up a skep, and a hell of a lot of data work.

I know it's a lot of work because we're already looking into doing it, but, it's going to take a pretty long time to do. We wanted to get the main part of this feature, giving you the items you purchased across all your characters (that's exactly what this does) sooner rather than later.

No "greed" or "bait and switch" involved here, items are simply unlocked across all characters. The rest is a lot more work and we wanted to get this feature, which was something that was so highly requested by you guys out as soon as we could.

Originally Posted by A Redditor
    So, you guys are looking into making all the "equivalent" and "identical" weapons work across all characters? Like, my Nova on my Vanu character (which I don't play anymore) could potentially, in the future, turn into a Nighthawk for my infinitely more handsome TR character?

Edit: For clarification, I would be willing to wait for as long as it takes and I would be much looser on the wallet strings were it to happen.

Originally Posted by Higby
    Yes, but, it wasn't in the initial spec and would have put this feature back 2-3 more weeks if we had waited to release with it the cross-faction unlocks for faction specific items (which includes ES vehicle secondaries weapons)
  17. StrikerKOJ

And even then, the man who indicated a solution is being looked into couldn't take the time to address the customers on this website. I'm glad that Reddit users (who may or may not be customers) are aware of what this company intends to do. Maybe they should start releasing statements on craigslist, because that gets a lot of views as well. Some of those people might happen to be customers.
  18. NinjaTurtle

Well those 300 for a start and I suspect it is a lot higher than that anyway. It's good to see such an understanding audience we have on the forums :rolleyes:

An SC refund would be the best thing to do
  19. Lex Striker

My feedback is simple... if one promises something to someone, but does not tell them what it is, and then that other person makes up something that they feel they should get... well, it is both of the parties' fault. This was very poorly done, SOE, and my SC is now on hold. As I said in another post, something similar happen like this is GW2, and I put my "SC" on hold there. Soon, I lost interest and moved on. This was a pure 'lead on' by SOE, intentional or not, and too many of us bit into it. Now that people like me feel foolish and cheated, SOE has lost our trust. Not all SOE's fault; but then, that means my money may now goes to World of Tanks and Dust-514... we will see. I guess all I can say now is ... "silly me for supporting PS2".
  20. Gary

We have plenty of them respond... They just ignore the usual trash posts that do not do anything constructive and instead demand everything with no rational reasoning or explanation and in some cases providing false information " we were promised refunds"

Some people even have other means of contacting certain members of the staff.

They did not say they would refund everything, No one should get station cash back, You bought items despite account wide unlocks being on the roadmap since it was released even though it did not say what would be unlocked. People started buying things expecting everything and the best possible outcome.
    • Up x 1